Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 9,207 reviews
CALL CENTER CLERK (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 13, 2018
Great pay and benefits. No complaints about working here, helpful people that only want the best for there patients. Its hard to get in, but when your in your in.
Kaiser Permanente is a great place to work. Faced paced, but great teamwork and one can learn alot.
Triage & Crisis Call Center (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 12, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of working in fast paced environment and will challenging situations that require quick thinking. The pace of job made the day go quickly. Sometimes there are disagreements among staff, but management was great about resolving issues. Benefits and pay are very competitive. Great compensation for continuing education.
Pros
Challenging job, great learning
Cons
Not enough staff
Great place to work and further your career
Appointment Clerk II / KP Riverside Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 10, 2018
I loved working for the Kaiser Permanente Call Center as an Appointment Clerk and being able to assist member with scheduling their appointments-either with their Primary Health Doctor or any other Specialty Physician. Kaiser Permanente also offers competitive pay and they also offer an amazing 401k retirement plan. It is a great and positive work environment among associates. however, management can always improve in some areas.
great place
Customer Service, Call Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2018
I worked for CONNEXTIONS, which was contracted by Kaiser Permanente to do their Medicare sign-up. My supervisor there was very good, amenable, easy to approach. I only worked for the three month sign up period
Many long hours, but fulfilling when accomplished.
Operations Manager, Call Center (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 9, 2018
I personally have a role that requires many immediate decisions to be made, which can be stressful. But with management encouragement and training, learning to prioritize and delegate have been essential.
Pros
Benefits and total compinsation
Cons
High stress and reduced family time
Worked in call center environment speak to brokers regarding members health insurance plan and plan coverage.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 24, 2018
Brokers would call inquiring on members plan. Broker would submit paperwork into Kaiser regarding a covered California plan for their client to receive a Kaiser plan.
Pros
Able to learn how Kaiser processed there application for covered california.
Cons
Kaiser slow process in getting memebers their plan.
great company
call center csp, medical recep, Labor Liaison, (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 13, 2018
Great company- plenty of opportunity to move from department/location to another to obtain new skills. Corporate culture is open to educational experiences as well as ability to move up in the corporate world.
Unions presence helps to assure equality and helps set rules and policies. Unions are also part of the corporate decision makiing process.
Pros
great place to work which is evidenced by the number of people at all levels to stay to retirement
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
This job was very high paced and call time restricted. On an average I would take 3,000 calls per month. I volunteered in other areas of the call center to gain extra hours for to assist patient needs.
Pros
Providing excellent patient service
Cons
Restricted time call minutes
Customer Call Center
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 17, 2018
Ranstad is good to work for. They kept record of what happened in the office. The company I worked for Kaiser Permanente is a good company to work for. The work load went down and so they let people go.
High demand for quality and care.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90027July 17, 2018
The call volume is high and very demanding. It can be stressful if you aren't accustomed to having to be on the phone the entire time you are scheduled to be.
Kaiser call center nursing
Call Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora,COJuly 14, 2018
I had set hours that I worked and was happy with my position and time. Then came the decision to close the call center. Because I had low seniority, I was not able to secure a position that would work with my family life at that time. I was laid off from Kaiser after working for them for 2 years.
Pros
kaiser contributed to 403K
Cons
unable to secure another position when restructuring took place
review of Kaiser Permanente
Call Center Advice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2018
I received excellent training for my nurse advice line position in the call center. I was Oncall so I did not receive benefits. I was able to work my days around planned time off and only had to work several weekend and off shifts per month. Oncall/part- time I had to agree to work 9 shifts per month. I did not have any seniority with this position. I did not realize this until they decided to do away with the Oncall/part-time positions and require everyone to bid on full time positions. Then the full time personnel had to rebid their positions and work more weekends. I did not want to work nights and/or every weekend. I attempted to find another position within Kaiser and then found out that the full time people had "super seniority" and the part-time/Oncall people had "no seniority". I was unable to find another job within Kaiser in the 3 month period of time that I was allowed and was terminated.
Pros
Originally flexible schedule
Cons
No paid lunch and no seniority in a union job.
Call Center Advice Nurse for Kaiser Permanente
Call Center Advice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2018
I worked as a call center advice nurse for Kaiser Permanente after I was laid off from GMC and thought this would be a new learning experience for me. Believe me it was, very fast paced taking phone calls for Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and OB/GYN calls. We had to meet a targeted time for each call and how long each call held before it was answered and that was stressful. We also schedule appointments and sent drug refill messages to their provider and would f/u on request the pt. had for any type of testing.
Pros
Great competitive pay based on your years of experience.
Cons
Constant turn over in the call center. Very stressful to keep trained staff.
stressful
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDMay 22, 2018
the job was stressful and so as the management system, it was an honor to work there for a little while but it was a dead end in order for any one who would like to grow.
It was great while it lasted
Call Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 12, 2018
Working at Kaiser Permanente was a great experience for the time I worked there. Unfortunately Kaiser left the state of North Carolina and I had to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
Great co-workers/providers
Cons
No overtime
I loved working for kaiser
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 3, 2018
Kaiser offered great pay and great benefits. There were always opportunities to earn overtime which was amazing. The management was very nice and truly cares about their employees
N/a
Call Center Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kaiser Permanente. The managers, nurses and associates were pleasant to work with. It was always a pleasure to help the customers.
Great Benefits/Pay
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 10, 2018
This is a high stress job. Somewhat enjoyable as far learning information. However very micro-managed, which makes for stressful agents. Most patients are nice to speak with, hardest part of job is being monitored constantly on calls. Also when members are not getting what they want or do not like what we have to ask them, they can be super rude. They just don't understand what we have to do as part of our job. It did however open my eyes when it comes to me having to call companies for my own business, I have learned to be much nicer or understanding.
Pros
Benefits/Pay
Cons
Micro managing
Kaiser Permanente
Contractual Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 9, 2018
Top of the afternoon. I would be honored to refer anyone to work for this company. It was a most excellent experience.The environment is also rather nice. The training was intense and the classrooms are filled with willing and able other person's who desire to be well equipped for the daily tasks at hand.
Pros
The financial rewards were rewarding.
Cons
Some of the employee's lack class.
No information
Contracted Temp- Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 3, 2018
I was only a contractor and not an employee. I unfortunately got sick and was unable to complete the contract time. For the time I was able to work it was alright.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.7K
42.6K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

66%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss