Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 245 reviews matching the search See all 8,931 reviews
Kaiser Career
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAApril 13, 2019
I worked at Kaiser for 22 years and worked in a different capacity of jobs, mostly the administrative field. Kaiser is a good place to work, however over the years new management has really changed the scope of what healthcare should be there.
Firstsource - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 11, 2019
I used to have a wonderful team and coworkers. The supervisors where wonderful they always were there if I needed any help or assistance. I also liked the continue training.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 7, 2019
A normal work day consists of roughly 70-100 calls a day, sometimes overwhelming. A very strict schedule and hours that limit family time. The benefits and pay good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, training
Cons
hours
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 22, 2019
I currently work for Kaiser and it's the best job I have ever had. Benefits are well worth it. I love all my patients . kaiser allows you to actually growth the company .
Pros
great place to work
Cons
There are no cons
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2019
I would recommend this company to anyone looking to advance in their career. To make a decent salary this is the place. Kaiser Permanente is the place to retire from.
Pros
competitve salary
Cons
career advancement
Great Pay & Benefits
CSR (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 7, 2019
Kaiser has great benefits and amazing pay. No other call center pays as well. The culture can be toxic if you allow yourself to get involved in that. Ive worked at Regional, Their Call Center, and one of their medical centers. I loved my time at Kaiser.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
Toxic Call center
Kaiser Saved My Life - Emotionally and Financially
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2019
Kaiser offered me the chance to gain permanent employment after I was laid off of my former job of 16 years. I was 59 years old when Kaiser hired me and I worked for them for nearly 7 years until I retired in 2017. For this I will be forever grateful to Kaiser.
Pros
They pay on a scale based on experience
Cons
Work on weekends and evenings
Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CA 95020February 22, 2019
Got to greet people professionally as they walked inside. Maintained lobby in a clean manner. I enjoyed helping and assisting patients when needed and directed by management.
Pros
Learning and helping people
Cons
No credentials to work there
working at kaiser
Provider Disp SpecPayroll/HR/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I feel Kaiser is a very nice place to work, Career oriented. Has a lot of opportunities. I worked there for 28 years. I worked onsite for 22 years and then was given the opportunity to work from home (telecommute) for 6 years
Good benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 8, 2019
Kaiser is a good place to work, I make the same amount of money I did at my old job and do less work. It is tiresome to stare at a computer all day and have upset customers. But, the benefits are great and the pay is great as well.
Job Security
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAFebruary 5, 2019
This is an amazing company to work for, competitive pay and great benefits for the whole family, flexible hours on call, part time or full time available.
I had fun volunteering it was fun .
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Right before I started volunteering at kaiser I had to go to a volunteer orientation and after I had went to the volunteers orientation I had started my 8 hours of volunteer work . When I started my volunteer work it was fun and when I had directed people to there doctors appointment they said thank you .
Pros
They gave us an hour lunch break
Cons
They gave us a 30 minute break.
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2019
I was great but their managers are ruining the company. Now they are laying off again. Great company, pays well. Management not qualified. If they upgrade management, it will be superb place to work again.
Pros
Pay
Great company
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Benefits are great, work environment can use help, management differs by location. Long Beach location needs a major revamp. Management is horrible!!!
Good benefits, but bad for mental health
Appointment Center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2019
good benefits and job security, but the job is very mentally taxing and toxic. its all about the money for kaiser. was hard to work for a company i didnt morally believe in. all business.
Excellent pay, amazing benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 13, 2019
High volume inbound call center but if you can do the work, the pay and benefits are more than worth it. Very difficult to get your foot in the door, but once you’re in, you will have plenty of opportunities to advance.
Nice place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2019
Typical day was answering members calls and providing them with coverage and benefit questions. I learned how to understand deductibles, co-pays, processing credit card payments for services rendered and the culture was very diverse.
Great benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDDecember 19, 2018
Shifts are based on seniority and its an incoming call schedule. They are strict about people logging out of the phones to even go to the bathroom or accept a personal call.
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 17, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was a great place to work. I worked in the EVS Department. I was in the women children delivery room.
Very good pay 40 hours a week with great benefits.
Great
Customer service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 17, 2018
I love working here they treat you treat employees in my department would respect I’ve never had an issue management as I try to help you solve a result
Pros
Good people
Cons
More careers growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Kaiser Permanente Reviews by Location