Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 227 reviews matching the search See all 8,260 reviews
Great
Customer service (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 17, 2018
I love working here they treat you treat employees in my department would respect I’ve never had an issue management as I try to help you solve a result
Pros
Good people
Cons
More careers growth
Stressful but fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
During the time I worked, they were gearing us up for Healthcare Reform, and when it started, it was a mess. We had a very high call volume for half the year and since most issues had to do with the systems, we had limited access to helping the members. It was very stressful and at one point my manager snapped at me for not being able to deescalate a call. Everybody felt the stress. However, besides being the time that it was, I really enjoyed the time I spent at Kaiser. It was rewarding being able to help members.

The environment is very welcoming and lively and it was a happy workplace. Everybody was always positive and in good moods. The hard part of the job was not being able to resolve a customer's issue.
Pros
Welcoming environment, Great benefits
Cons
It can be stressful
Kaiser
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 8, 2018
there would be a lot of filing but it was fun. My boss was the most sweetest person ever and my co-workers were so nice. There's a lot of team work everybody helps everybody.
Best place to get care and best place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAOctober 28, 2018
Best job ever! Great patients,coworkers and management! Relocation is the only reason I’m leaving.
I have loved working here and have formed wonderful friendships over the years with patients and coworkers alike!
Most rewarding part is being able to help so many people on a daily basis!!!
Pros
Fun, busy and very rewarding
Cons
No facilities in South Florida
Nationwide insurance company
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPEACILST CHIME SOLUTIONS (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAOctober 24, 2018
Taking call and making appointments for KP is an interesting, skill building experince. It takes a lot of patience to work for them because of the members, but it also very rewarding
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 15, 2018
Call center based work, fast paced. You have to be a great listener, have fast typing skills, patience's, understanding and a fast learner. The calls are always back to back. Very busy, great benefits and discounts offered
Cons
Affordable healthcare, 401K matching program and paid holidays
What I learned
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDOctober 12, 2018
It has a very intense training program and before you start picking up the calls you're already well equipped. I learned a lot about health care and solving member's issues. In addition I improved my typing and listening skills because I was documenting at the same time listening to the member.
Pros
The pay is awesome especially in the Maryland region.
Cons
I had a difficult time because of my accent and I was discriminated upon in many instances.
Well paid, fast paced environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 6, 2018
The expectations for excellent results were high but generally management provided adequate support.
Hardest part of the job was meeting enrollment deadlines set by State and Federal agencies.
Enjoyable part was recognition by management of my contribution to the organization.
working for Kaiser
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDSeptember 14, 2018
as work from home agent it started off excellent as management change the moral has gone down hill. People are leaving the job more frequently and there a very few seasoned representatives left.The most enjoyable is working with my co workers as team to give advice and resolve issues quickly. The work from home program was great but i just felt like they always forgot about us and we really missed out on a lot of in office activities.
Pros
job has good beneftis
Cons
too much mirco managment for work from home program
Kaiser
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAAugust 30, 2018
Some Management was not fair. Very fast-paced. Bad communication with employees. Team orientated. Long Commute. Hands on training.Great Training place
It was decent
Customer Service Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 13, 2018
This job is great for people with thick skin due to members that get upset over their insurance plan or frustrated providers upset with the process of claims.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 27, 2018
Answered in bound calls. Made outbound calls. Updated client information. Verified eligibility and coverage information. Answered insurance questions. Enrolled members into plans. Work environment was diverse and friendly
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
High school drama
Great Benefits but overloaded with work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 16, 2018
I worked in Membership Services for 4 years and the work load increased tremendously which created such a high stress level for basically everyone who works there. I worked from home for 3 years which was also wonderful. The pay is great (starting $19 and ending pay was $25) for not having an education and the benefits are fabulous, which is what keeps most employees there for so long. Management is not as professional as it should be should be more knowledgable. As any call center, they absolutely micro-manage. Kaiser really does need to hire more employees to complete the workload because the expectation they have for their employees is impossible. Overall it is a decent job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Work load/expectation is too much, high stress environment.
Unprofessional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 15, 2018
Very unorganized and unprofessional, barely could depend on management, work environment was also very unprofessional. No job security at all, they fire people for random reasons, and they are very unorganized.
Cons
Unprofessional and unorganized.
Was a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 23, 2018
Managment was excellent and the training for the job was above expectation. the environment that was like family, and not just a job that you dreaded to come to each working day!
Cons
having to leave due to relocaction due to marriage!
Strict like your walking on egg shells
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJune 20, 2018
Employees take advantage because they are frequently out. We need agents that are going to work because it helps or service levels.
I just don't understand how the same agents that are always out don't get in trouble,,,, Its all about favoritism and politics. When agents call out it impacts the agents that have perfect attendance.
Kaiser is pretty strict we only get 20 minutes in on written e full day to use the restroom, if we go over that we get up on corrective action.
When I became management I really liked it but it's challenging, there's literally changes everyday but I got use to it. The hardest part of being manager is when I had to write up on corrective action. The
most enjoyable part of all my years at Kaiser was helping patients with their needs its so rewarding, that's truly my passion is doing my job and going that extra mile to help a patient.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
favoritism and politics
No summary
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
No review.no review. You sign a confidentiality which means no review.its a good company to work for. Follow the rules like any job. Pays well great benefits.
Profeessional environment with good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of taking inbound calls. I learned the health insurance industry fro Kaiser from this job. The management is adequate and professional.This is a diverse workplace culture with good people to work with. The hardest part of the job is meeting daily stats as they are hard to meet. The most enjoyable part is working with kind professional colleagues.
Pros
Paid training, good compensation and bnefits
Cons
short lunches, constant monitoring of employees
Comfortable environment with good compensation and benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 13, 2018
A typical day consisted of taking incoming calls fro members. You are constant monitored throughout the day regarding call statistics and quality assurance.

It is a very large call center with well over a hundred other representatives. The hardest part of the job is meeting all of the required call statistics on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues you have to work with.

It is a diverse workplace culture and offers a lot of benefits.
Pros
Paid training, good people to work with
Cons
short lunches, a lot of stress, undergong organizzation restructuring
Call center.
CUSTOMER SERVICE /APPOINTMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 9, 2018
Answer calls. Provide patients with appointments and medical advice. Worked in a call center. Trained and assisted with team menber development. High call volume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54.2K
42.3K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss