Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Laboratory Technician

Laboratory Technician23 reviews
United States23 reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,033 reviews

Overall a good place to work

Generalist position for MT/MLT's. Good job security due to union.

Efficient when at their convenience

I was excited when I first started an after that it was just one let down after another employees weren’t so helpful about teaching and they constantly laughed behind ones back an made the work environment very uncomfortable and discouraging

Kaiser Permanente insights

Based on 4,203 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Room for advancement with great benefits

At Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic region there is room for advancement. If you work hard and educate yourself on the organization, you can go far. The benefits are excellent, 10 holidays, 80 sick hours and starts with 2 weeks vacation (union). Healthcare is very reasonable for employees. Annual raises and bonuses (most years) are great! The Mid-Atlantic region consists of Virginia, Maryland and DC. Diverse culture.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

It is a union company, so it's flat raises to union employees, not merit

Benefits are the only advantage of working for this company.

The worst healthcare system I’ve ever worked for. The lack of accountability by the leads and managers is astounding. I’ve brought up numerous problems with processes and nothing ever gets done. It only gets covered up. Talking with certain coworkers, that is how it has been for years. No communication. No respect for the work people do or for who the people are. The location I worked should have been shut down a while ago but somehow they remain open with the same management and lead techs. Each coworker is encouraged to address their concerns but then if it happens too often, they get ignored by management and management will avoid talking to them at all costs. Unprofessional across every department I’ve seen.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Unprofessional. No communication. Bad management. Disorganized. Bad patient care.

Excellent company to work for

Working only as short hours. No benefits included. Coworkers are great and management is understanding and willing to help. Encourage continuous training with room for advancement.

Horrible corporate culture & unions

Union shops supported protection of laziest, blocked creative change and individual advancement. Frustrating failure to put patient first. Communication failure between management and front line personnel.

Kaiser is a collaborative workplace with high demand and job security

KP and Union collaboration make it safe and fair for workers. I appreciate the protection and opportunities workers are provided. Pay is decent is great too!

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Very busy and fast-paced work environment

Housekeeping jobs dont post to public

NO HOUSEKEEPING jobs in FRESNO, CA? 18 internal housekeeping jobs posted internally and not 1 of them posted to the public. Nobody transferred to housekeeping. So where are these jobs going? Is this a EEO issue? My dept is great place to work

Work Experience

I've worked for 21+ years, going thru a contract negotiation at this time. Nothing more to comment. We must see how this plays out before I comment on the company.

A typical day at work

co-workers willing to help when need. Able to have help when need. Received specimens writhing down the description of the specimen before processing to make a slide.

Kaiser

Kaiser Oakland is a terrible place to work unless your out to destroy other and enjoy harassing others. In other departments it may have been better but not the laboratory.

The best place to work!!! Excellent benefits.

I've learn a lot working for this company, our supervisor is very helpful and understand your needs. He is flexible and will work on your hours when problem comes. Employees are friendly in our center, and our lab treat each other with love and respect, like family. With regards to our workload, we don't feel the stress, coz' our supervisor will make sure that the front/end will be covered and have enough people to work everyday. Kaiser Permanente is the best place to work ever!!! The benefits are excellent, from your health coverage, educational allowance and up to your retirement. And last but not least..."We THRIVE".

Part time job which worked well with family

Medical Technician at 20 hrs a week with full benefits. This company worked well with me when I had young children. The work day was busy and I was good friends with my colleagues..

I loved working at Group Health.

I worked as a Phlebotomist. It was my favorite job of all. I drew blood of patients coming in to the clinic. I had other chores to do in the clinic as well. It was a walk in clinic so sometimes we were really busy and sometimes slower. It was a fun job. I loved it!

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

I had to drive an hour to work.

challenge

very friendly team and system, but working at night shift was very challenging for me. I couldnt adopt to the shift. But I learned a lot from this hospital and I really like to work for them as an pharmacist

Good place to work if you can overlook the union

Good job. Great benefits. Union has too much control. Labs are very busy, not a lot of downtime. Most coworkers are great to work with. Management team is good.

Benefits

Cons

Union

Awesome Place

I can not say enough about the great place to work like KP. The employees are great and very friendly. Days are what you make them. Most co-workers are hard working and like their jobs.

Pros

The healthcare benefits are matchable, high salaries, great people

Cons

The "good O' boy" culture still can be found, advancement is difficult as low turnover.

Good Pay. Good Benefits. No room for growth

Good Pay. Good Benefits. No room for growth. A lot of employees with seniority who do not like change or new techniques. I had 6 superiors in my position.

This company contributes competitive pay and excellent benefits. It is a place where I used my experience and knowledge in the delivery of quality healthcare.

Pros

excellent benefits

Cons

short breaks

Great hospital and great values

Everything about kaiser is on point. Management is great, benefits are great for those who are single an/or with families.

Productive and fun work place with...alot of good places to eat near by...

I enjoyed the people I worked with...GHC...is a good company to work for....

Pros

A good unit of people...

Cons

under payed...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Kaiser Permanente with

Career recommendations for Laboratory Technician

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Laboratory Technician in US