Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

Medical assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 13, 2017
Enjoyed the job there unfortunately I had to move out of state. Great place to work and employees make it great. I would have a busy day and they appreciated your work and benefits and compensation makes it worth while
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
can be pretty face paced
Great company to work for. I was injured and had to retire.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAOctober 29, 2017
I worked for Kaiser for 10 years. I loved my job was injured and had to retire. It was a rewarding and I learned a lot by working there. Everyone that I worked with was very helpful and knowledgeable with any questions I had.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
No cons
Kaiser was great to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 20, 2017
Kaiser was a great company to work for, I was spending a lot of time at work working early clinics, regular clinics and night clinics. I learned so much at Kaiser and still value all my time spent working there. I only left because I needed different work hours at the time and was presented with a great opportunity.
Pros
Many Pros, pay well, benefits, structure, room to advance and move around.
Cons
Not many cons, I really enjoyed my position, I just needed different hours for my family
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Kaiser there were many opportunities for advancement. I only left due to a relocation to a city in which there were no Kaiser's available.
Pros
Advancement oppertunites
Kaiser is a great place to work if you plan to stay awile
Kaiser Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at Kaiser the time I was there. It was only a few hours a day which was not enough, but at the time they weren't hiring for full time employees. Staff was friendly and professional. Doctors were friendly and professional. I had to leave because my internship was over and they weren't hiring at the end of that year.
Pros
Great place to work and get experience
Cons
Weren't hiring at the time for full time employees, not enough working hours available
Great Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 12, 2017
Great company if you want to work 5 days a week. It would be better if they offered 10 hours a day. Most doctors are great to their staff and treats them with respect.
It was an okay place to work for
o Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 28, 2017
The company expects a lot from its employees. It is a high-paced environment. It is a work environment where employees are expected to come in and get their work done. Not too highly supportive
Great experience working for Kaiser Permanente
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 26, 2017
Not too stressful, pretty balanced workplace overall.
The most enjoyable for me was being able to meet a lot of different people within Kaiser, due to me being on-call. I would work in many different departments.
A place that offers great pay & great benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 26, 2017
The one thing that's great about Kaiser is they pay you livable wages, you can be a single parent and survive working at Kaiser, that's hard to find now days. They also provide great benefits for you and your family.
Pros
Great pay, Benefits, 401k, paid vacation, sick pay, union
Cons
Management isnt always the best.
Fun Enjoyable Work Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 22, 2017
I loved working a Kaiser, it was a great experience with learner. I loved being able to get experience in different departments. I recommend a job with this company anytime.
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95119September 20, 2017
Kaiser is a very stressful place to work. Management and Union are in bed together and neither can be trusted to have your best interests at heart. The best advise I can offer to potential future employees is to stay under the radar, keep your head down, do your job and don't get caught up in the drama or politics in your department. Use the experience you get and get out.
Pros
Benefits, ability to change jobs when bored
Cons
Corrupt Union and Management, understaffed, low pay
Love helping my patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2017
I miss working for Kaiser when I was first employed with this corporation I was in their float pool. So I would go to various departments. It was so much fun and I gain so much knowledge.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
nothing
kaiser was amazing
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OR 97015September 13, 2017
i loved working at kaiser. i loved my benefits. I was a pediatric medical assistant at kaiser for 6 years and i loved my job. kaiser has the best benefits.
Wonderful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2017
I loved to work for Kaiser. The benefits where great and the hours where wonderful. I had to move to the Central Valley and was not able to transfer. I worked there for a couple of years and I regret leaving everyday,
Pros
Everything was wonderful
Cons
No cons
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDSeptember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work, wonderful career advancement opportunities. Wonderful benefits, some flexibility.Management good, depending on which dept you work in.
Benefits
Pay is great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 30, 2017
Most of the time you had a normal work day,could be stressful at time, very professional, very organized no making your own rules up. Some management was good, others were stressful to work under due to creating an uncomfortable work environment.
productive and great place to work
Medical Assistant Extern (200hrs) (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2017
enjoyed working at kaiser, everyone was great and were very helpful loved working in the allergy and pulmonary department worked wit a great group of woman who are dedicated to their job and to their patients. loved the whole experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Excellent
Medical Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 23, 2017
Kaiser is a one of a kind institution. There is so much room for advancement within the organization. Best 5 years ever. Not only did I work there but I had a baby there.
Great Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAAugust 21, 2017
The time I worked there I loved it, great environment and great experience. The only con would have to be the unfair politics I received when I was there.
Pros
Great benefits, pay and environment
Cons
too many management politics
Loved it .... wish I could have stayed.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 21, 2017
It was a temporary position for the flu clinic and at first it was a little stressful with how many patients were seen everyday but it was a great experience overall .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2