Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Medical Assistant

42.2K
31.1K
Found 292 reviews matching the search See all 7,818 reviews
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 14, 2018
I really did enjoy the experience that Kaiser Permanente offered to me. Although I don't agree with them going against their policy procedures.The management for specific departments are very good and very helpful.
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 12, 2018
will make you a really good caregiver or it will make you question if you want to work in healthcare. This company is very stressful and requires caregivers to work at top of scope
Pros
challenging
Cons
union
It's n ok organization to work for.
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 10, 2018
Kaiser permanente is an organization that only cares about making their numbers and they neglect their staffs. Management is always right. The Union that represents the employees is all in one all together with management.
productive
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 9, 2018
productive work place with lots of room for advancement. kaiser provides job security . i liked my shifts. great atmosphere with friendly staff and managers
Good place to work if you dont mind floating
Per Diem Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 7, 2018
I think they need to allow Ma's to do more with their skills then just vital signs especially for the money they make. I prefer to use my skills then loose them.
Employee Recognitation is great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2018
Working at this facility was great. I enjoyed the flexibility of my schedule. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Gaining another position at this company would be a blessing.
Na
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 27, 2018
Enjoyed my time at this facility. Great work environment, great resources for learning and improving skills. Amazing team work and support system. Great place to work.
Best dept Ive worked in
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 25, 2018
Enjoy my job helping people, best coworker and made alot of friends there. My manager really cared about the staff and was very compassionate. I have since worked in other departments but Oncology is the best.
great environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2018
Professional environment with a teamwork based effort and work ethics to improve the community in the medical field for workers and patients that check in.
It was great working for Kaiser the first couple of years
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CA and Elk Grove, CAJuly 19, 2018
That changed when the administration changed management to business administrators replacing those in management with medical background. Quotas were more inportant. The Thrive mission did not apply to employees.
Pros
wages
Cons
became more about cost than human care
Specialty jobs are amazing, however the PCP areas are a nightmare
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 18, 2018
I started in a specialty clinic in Highlands Rach and LOVED it! The job was mentally hard but made you feel like you made a difference. I transferred to another location to try something new, take a mental break and maybe get a more hands on patient experience to use the skills I was trained for. This was a huge mistake! The managers within KP PCP area (specifically Wheatridge) are not very nice and try to write you up for every little thing. Little to no training was offered, when asked for help was called names and made to feel like nothing. If you are not an RN you do not exist! After going to management for help was informed I needed to go to my union steward, who never resoinded.
Pros
Free medical, dental & vision
Cons
horrible training/managers at Wheatridge location
Excellent opportunities for job placement within the company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 10, 2018
Great place to work.with excellent options for job placement . Enjoy all job assignments and availability to move around the company to be closer to home and have a flexible work schedule. Working short staffed and no accountability for excessive absences can be a bit frustrating but we are appreciated for pitching into get the patients taken care of. Great recognition program from patient facing to the person behind the phone. Ability to give rewards to staff from other departments for positive patient care. Exceptional pay and benefits. I really enjoy the work I do to help patients get the care they need in a reasonable time frame.staff and management are helpful and knowledgeable about the job to assist with questions and patients who require additional assistance. Working for Kaiser Permanente has given the opportunity to grow and further my career in the health care field whether it be in the clinic or administration with continued education as well as on the job training.
Pros
Very positive environment
Cons
Hard to get hired
Productive and fun place to work
TPMG - Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 8, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Many opportunities for available for those interested in career advancement.........................................
Informative and educational
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed doing my internship while I was in my high school years. It made it easy for me to decide if I wanted to have a career in the medical field.
Pros
I was able to get my lunch delivered to me personally by my mom.
Cons
That company no longer exists.
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMay 12, 2018
HIPAA, data entry, medical histories, immunizations, rooming patients, stocking rooms, setting up and assisting in procedures, phones, assist your fellow MA if needed
Solid company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 2, 2018
I worked at Kaiser for over 5 years. I learned a lot working there. Kaiser likes to stay updated on the most current trends in healthcare and is constantly striving to improve. The culture there is very patient and team oriented.
Productive and rewarding experience working at Kaiser Permanente
Medical Assistant Extern (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 25, 2018
A typical day at work included rooming patients and aiding in procedures. I've learned a vast variety of skills during my time at Kaiser including performing PVR's, setting up for vasectomy's, biopsy's and cystoscopy's. Management at Kaiser was absolutely great. Unlike any other job I had, my managers here were concerned of our well being and the well being of the office; they treated everyone with dignity and respect. I worked side by side with Doctors, Physician Assistants, Nurses and Medical Assistants who were all understanding and willing to help me better my skills as a new medical assistant. The hardest part of my job was memorizing what every doctor liked and what they didn't based on their medical preferences. The most enjoyable part of the job was aiding doctors in procedures and dealing with patients everyday who are hopeful for help.
Pros
Schedule, Pay
Cons
Not being able to have benefits as an on call
work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 24, 2018
I loved working there until it got too political in the work place. I worked in may departments nice -coworker.
management in some department is no good
Pros
it's a great place to work
Cons
managment
awesome
Medical Assistant, REI (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 24, 2018
I love my job. It allows me to help people. It is super fast paced and has great resources. The proactive care is amazing and helps out our members. For the most part patients are satisfied and appreciate our care
Working for Kaiser
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 20, 2018
I felt like working for Kaiser was a wonderful experience. I loved all the different jobs I did for them. I would recommend friend to try and work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss