Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Found 335 reviews matching the search See all 8,270 reviews
great place to work but work culture is not very nice
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 15, 2018
Any registered nurse would love to work here, however, there is not much diversity. The place is full of Filipinos, especially night shift and any new person of a different race is left out of the group purposefully. They need more diversity at Baldwin park.
Good place to work, excellent benefits.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
New leadership working toward Magnet status. There is a lot of potential to grow professionally, but opportunities are mostly appointed and not based in merit.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No diversity. There is one ethnic group that accounts for 90% of nursing population.
Staff Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2018
Kaiser is a good place to work. Busy with high quality standards. Our patients or as they are known members are of top priority and we always strive to exceed our members expectations.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hard to get time off
well compansated
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 17, 2018
Kaiser pays their nurses well. Love my coworkers. We have a great nursing assistant staff that make our work manageable. We have too many assistant managers that micromanages everything we do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
micromagement
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. Can transfer to all Kaisers
Multicultural working environment. Great pay. Can chose health plan and dental plan . Offers 401k and pension plan. Basic life insurance. Family covered in medical plan.
Pros
Benefits working 24hr per week
Cons
There hire within furst
Excellent expetience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 16, 2018
Kaiser taught me how to be an or nurse. I loved this company and it’s atmosphere. I consider myself a kaiser nurse first. Legacy second. I miss the system and am working to return to it as soon as possible.
Pros
Many. Great benefits
Cons
Can Be pigeonholed
work kp
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 13, 2018
Political organization. If one person does not like you. you will be ostracized. especially if its management. a follow the flock organization. Design patient and population-centered care to improve health outcomes. Integrate inter-professional care to improve safety/quality, and decrease cost of care. Evaluate the ability of existing and emerging information, communication, and healthcare technologies to improve care. Defend health policy that improves the experience of care, population health, and professional work life.
Pros
money
Cons
culture
Always short staffed
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 5, 2018
If you work as a per diem for Kaiser, expect to get a call every day to come in. They are always short staffed! The pay is excellent but you do work hard for it! 12 hr shifts are always closer to 13hrs and very exhausting
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2018
They hire very good and talented people. However, sometimes they are not very flexible in vacation approvals. And, some reason, they are not very friendly to new graduate NPs and RNs.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Gotta love KP
Registered Nurse; Nurse Treatment Room (Current Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 2, 2018
KP pays well in retrospect here in the NW region, however, work load balance found in the ED can be overwhelming even for an experienced ED nurse where high acuity patients and frequently available resources are miss matched leading way for either delays in being seen or in being treated properly.
I often compare time spent at KP NW region ED in dog years due to work load balance where each year surviving is equivalent to 7 years!
Pros
good supportive people out weigh the clicks/folds of non supportive people
Cons
delays in or no breaks given;
Great place to work!
Emergency Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 2, 2018
I love my co-workers and the culture of this hospital system. The staff all pitch in and help one another. This is one of my best travel positions. I would definitely recommend others to work here because of the attention to patient care and advocacy as well as employee well-being.
Pros
Cons
Micro management
just the best. Actually my favorite job to date
RN with numerous subtitles (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2018
I came to Kaiser as a traveler. After my 13 weeks. My manager " wouldnt let me leave". This is when I became very active on all kinds of holistic and quality improvement projects. The hosp is warm, friendly and runs a tightship. We have had more than 2300 days of "never events". The most of any hospin all od CA. Altough there is plenty more to learn and implement, Ive always loved traveling. I am looking for a home base to where I can still travel to learn how to make the hospital a better holistic, quality improvement and cost cutting place to work without sacrificing what the hospital already has in place
Pros
ment, free parking, no monthly insurance deductions. all co-pays and meds are only $5.00 eachc telephone MD appts, Too many pros to list
Cons
missed lunches/breaks
A very prestigious place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
Kaiser is a prestigious place to work and I am so honored to be part of the organization. Coworkers are very helpful. Teamwork is what makes our department going. Respect goes to each other which I like.
Productive, efficient workflow and enviornment. Great place to work.
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CASeptember 17, 2018
Blessed to be apart of this organization. Great team work, Great culture. compensation is generous. Management is fair, will work to accommodate as much as possible. The hardest part of job is night shift schedule, with few opportunities to change. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with an awesome team.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
shifts available
Staff Nurse IV (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 16, 2018
Best paying nursing job in the region Lots of opportunities for growth and development. Strong union and good benefits. Busy environment, great colleagues.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 6, 2018
Kaiser was a good place to work part time while sending my daughter through college. The staff was friendly & supportive to the employees who worked part time.
One of the best places to work. Highest hourly pay for floor nurses. Annual bonuses, good benefits.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 5, 2018
Good company to work for. Lots of opportunity for growth. Good benefits and bonuses. Hard to get into. Mostly will hire from within. Overall good place to wirk
Pros
Good benefits and resources
Cons
It’s just different
Kind, caring and friendly staff always willing to help and put patient's first
Registered Nurse-Flu Clinic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2018
I worked for Kaiser as a Flu Clinic Nurse and met some of the most caring healthcare providers I have ever come across! The interview initially seemed to be "nerve wrecking" but once hired and attending orientation it all made sense as to why. The company made it very clear from day one expectations from employees, made the hiring process fun and in a group atmosphere. Orientation was beyond my expectations. Not only were the "basics" covered they go above and beyond taking the time to explain everything from the history of the company, their mission, expectations, why they have the standards they do all in a very professional manner. Kaiser is amazing not only with the dedication they have to patient's but also in the time they spend with employees to communicate expectations from staff. They are an amazing group!
Dont expect to be anything but a bedside nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Difficult- if almost impossible to cross train to other areas. Almost impossible to transfer to another hospital or region. Once you start you are stuck- we call it the golden handcuffs. The pay and benefits are so great, but you cannot every grow yourself or promote yourself.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
lack of growth, transfer opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 2, 2018
Working in the Intensive Care Unit is physically and mentally demanding. Kaiser team helps me get through my day. I enjoy working with the collaborated team such as PT, ST, OT, RT, MD and ancillary services.
Pros
Positive and professional aura.
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably