Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Found 350 reviews matching the search See all 8,642 reviews
Great pay and benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Union Nursing job with excellent pay and benefits. Job security with no mandatory cancellations. Patient care is top priority nurse to patient ratios low.
Medical Intern
RN (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 1, 2019
I had a great time Job Shadowing in Kaiser. They put you hands on and teach you way to overcome obstacles! The Staff was friendly and made it fun for me!
About kaiser work day
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Work day changes on a daily basis.Each day comes with its own dynamics but its fulfilling because each day i make a difference in peoples lives.Kaiser a a grest place to work .There is great team work and the is clear communication as well.
Negative experience
STAFF NURSE, LEVEL 3 NEONATAL ICU (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 28, 2019
I loved my co-workers. Management was difficult to tolerate or have autonomy. Everyone I worked with during a 16hr. Soft or if I went in at 3am were professional,extremely knowledgeable and very experienced.
Pros
Skilled and excellent co-workers
Cons
Very corporate
I am happy to work for kaiser
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 24, 2019
I have been working for kaiser for 10 years now and I am happy to work for this company. it offers a lot of benefits and opportunities and we have a very strong magnet hospital and this in one of the highest paying company
Kaiser is a very good place to work benefit and career wise. They have a very largr opportunities for advancement.
Registered Nurse charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Kaiser is a very busy place to work but lots of opportunities to grow and to advance. They offer assistance to further your education. They have lots of areas to explore whether clinic or hospital or hospice in all areas of nursing. Benefit wise I think they have the best benefits and they have the highest pay compare to other companies. Pension plan is very good. Most employees stays in Kaiser until retirement. Kaiser go by the book. They are updated with technology. I would recommend young people with enthusiasm and energy to work in Kaiser.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunities for advancement, good pay
Cons
Busy and might be short staff once in a while.
Per-diem status
Registered Nurse (Per-diem) (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I was able to land a position at the Kaiser Baldwin Park where I knew several acquaintances, therefore making my adjustment to a new facility less harsh. I concomitantly worked this job with my PT job in order to have extreme flexibility with my schedule and life.
Wonderful work place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAJanuary 11, 2019
I enjoy working for Kaiser and feel like a family. I wish there was more opportunities for APRN so I wouldn't have to leave the company. I have worked for Kaiser since 1/2006.
I work in an amazing department!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 2, 2019
I have an amazing couple of managers, very patient and always willing to show me new things to learn. I work in a great department. The doctors are amazing as well. The doctors are always willing to teach us as well.
Pros
free lunches
Kaiser Permanente
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Kaiser Permanente is a wonderful place to work. I have had the privilege of working with very talented physicians and colleagues. A typical day involves direct patient care and assisting physicians.
great for career
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, GADecember 31, 2018
Kaiser is a great company to work for if you are looking to get out of the Hospital environment. Offers lots of areas for nurses to advance their career in.
Pros
salary
Cons
location
Good Team Work, Knowledgeable Staff and Management
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2018
I enjoyed all the extra training, mentorship, and curriculum provided for me as I advanced my learning and knowledge base and skill set. I loved learning about critical care and applying evidenced based research to improve patient outcome. Had reasonable nurse to patient staffing ratios.
It was overly crazy busy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 4, 2018
i felt as though the patient experience was not valued here at this facility. I would admit a laboring patient, then go help someone with a delivery, and be taken from one patient and given 2 others. Sometimes you would care for 10 patients in a day. There was no continuity of care for a laboring patient.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
no continuity of care
Great Hospital
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Moanalua, HINovember 29, 2018
Loved working at Moanalua Kaiser Permanente in the CCU/CVICU, Hawaii. It felt like family there. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. They were all hard working and passionate about the care they provided. The Intensivists and other physicans were very caring and provided great care to the patients in Hawaii.
Secure job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 25, 2018
An amazing company to work for with great benefits and competitive pay with union protection for the registered nurses. Seniority based job promotions makes career changes within company less flexible. Great support if you wish to pursue further education. Higher degrees desired and valued.
great place to work but work culture is not very nice
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 15, 2018
Any registered nurse would love to work here, however, there is not much diversity. The place is full of Filipinos, especially night shift and any new person of a different race is left out of the group purposefully. They need more diversity at Baldwin park.
Good place to work, excellent benefits.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
New leadership working toward Magnet status. There is a lot of potential to grow professionally, but opportunities are mostly appointed and not based in merit.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No diversity. There is one ethnic group that accounts for 90% of nursing population.
Staff Nurse Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2018
Kaiser is a good place to work. Busy with high quality standards. Our patients or as they are known members are of top priority and we always strive to exceed our members expectations.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Hard to get time off
well compansated
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 17, 2018
Kaiser pays their nurses well. Love my coworkers. We have a great nursing assistant staff that make our work manageable. We have too many assistant managers that micromanages everything we do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
micromagement
Great benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work. Can transfer to all Kaisers
Multicultural working environment. Great pay. Can chose health plan and dental plan . Offers 401k and pension plan. Basic life insurance. Family covered in medical plan.
Pros
Benefits working 24hr per week
Cons
There hire within furst

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably