Kaiser Permanente

Volunteer225 reviews
United States225 reviews

Found 225 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,291 reviews
permanentekppatientunionbenefitmedicalnursehealth

Very fast paced and on point

A typical day consists of collaborating with physicians and nurses in order to ensure patient care is at its highest quality. Making sure the patients benefit from their visit to the hospital is the number one priority when working for Kaiser.

Great way to learn about the different fields

I am a volunteer. Typical volunteer day involves a bunch of patient contact. Nurses and other staff are very helpful. Most enjoyable part is being able to volunteer in different departments. Hardest part are the slow days where there is nothing to do!

Pros

Free lunches, networking, and opportunities

Kaiser Permanente insights

Based on 4,605 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Fun

Being a volunteer for Kaiser is pretty fun, you don’t have to do any really grueling work. One time we got to plants trees a couple years ago, it was fun

Productive and fun place to work

I love listening to the patients, they love talking about their family and when I tell them about my family, they laugh cause I want them to feel comfy

Pros

Time for lunch

Cons

Short time with patients

Very sterile environment, both literal and figurative

The hospital is pretty warm when you first walk in. The glass windows and high ceilings are very beautiful as well. The nurses are the nicest and helped me a lot when I had questions.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

No guidance

Rewarding to help those in need

As a volunteer, this job was quite easy. Helping guests was the most important job. You had to assist then with direction if they needed and answer phone calls.

Productive and fun work place

This is such an amazing place to work and to learn new things, I really enjoyed being in this fast pace environment and working with knowledgeable medical professionals who guide me through daily activities

Pros

benefits, nice employee

Cons

commute

Great place to work at

The environment is really friendly and everyone is kind. There is a flexible schedule and whenever you cant come, just email the volunteer coordinator. It was a cool experience

Fun environment

I picked the morning shift as less people came in so I would chat with my coworker volunteer to pass the time. Security guards located right next to our desk were always helpful and enjoyable.

Pros

free lunch

Great place to volunteer

I started in Utilization Management, moved to Human Resources, and am now in Administration. I had the most fun at Utilization Management. The people are great and supportive.

Pros

Free lunches, supportive atmosphere

Cons

N/a

Ability to learn

I volunteer there once a week . I’ve been there 4 years and have not been offered a position yet. But I am getting experience in the hospital field. Nice manager.

Pros

Learn new things

Cons

Not offered a position yet after 4 years

The work environment is very easy going and fun.

During a typical day of volunteer work you are to interact with patients and provide any necessary help to keep patients comfortable. You may also help nurses with some simple jobs since there are job restrictions.

Good company

Being a volunteer is very different than being an employee. Employees receive a lot more benefits, but volunteering at Kaiser is very easy and not a very demanding job.

Good

Welcoming environment, nice atmosphere, positive people, good work ethics, good at building relationships, nice organization, overall nice attitudes and loving people.

Great Organization

I did volunteer work at kaiser for a couple of weeks. I loved helping different departments and loved each task I was assign to. I hope one day I can return back and be a regular employee.

Great Environment

When I first joined I was welcomed and encouraged to grow and reach my goals. I am treated as a professional and enjoy being around the Kaiser personnel!

I was a volunteer

There was no pay for the volunteers. I helped patients with locations of their doctor appointments and helped them to there car. I looked up the doctor appointments on the computer and when they visit a patient I look on the chart to see if they want a visitor.

volunteer

I was a volunteer at the Kaiser Permanente so i didn't get paid. I got a 6 dollar car to use on snacks or lunch and i had to complete 4 hours a week. I completed 336 hours and loved my time there.

Great Learning experience

Kaiser's volunteer program is a great way to get some insight of what it means to work in a hospital. You learn how hard the secretaries work and gain a new respect for doctors and nurses.

Eye opener

I was a volunteer here at kaiser permante. A very nice experience. I was able to meet lots of different people and interact with them. It was nice to be able to talk, help and make their day. I think it was a good start to going into the medical field if you are interested in doing so.

Friendly hospital setting.

The hospital is a great place to work at; friendly and accommodating staffs. My manager is extremely helpful when I encounter difficult problems at work. People are easy to work with and management is amazing here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Kaiser Permanente with

Career recommendations for Volunteer

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Studying at Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health Sciences

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Kaiser Permanente