Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Found 184 reviews matching the search See all 8,334 reviews
Wonderful. The people were nice
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Worked hard, helped the patients, mainly the elderly. Met some employees that were a little difficult to work with but nothing drastic. Helped a patient get to all her appointments by wheelchair and she thanked me and spoke to my manager about how helpful and gracious I was.
I had a great experience working in the Critical Care Unit.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
I learned something new every time I volunteered at Kaiser Permanente. It was a great experience assisting the nurses and doctors. My duties consisted of clerical duties and assisting the nurses by providing excellent customer service to patients and family. I was in charge of checking important documents of the nurses regarding their job in Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Had to drive for about 30 minutes.
Productive and competitive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to see my peers and seeing the patients if they need anything. Everyone in the hospital are super sweet and working in the hospital helped me gain experience of whats around the hospital and how things work.
It was fun wasn’t really hands on
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 19, 2018
If you like medicine or thinking about doing something in medicine it’s a great opportunity it wasn’t really hard everyone was nice we went on field trips but it was also just a summer job.
Very collaborate
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2018
Kaiser Permanent has an amazing staff that is always focused on providing he best patient care. From the moment you walk in to the moment that you leave the staff is very attentive and friendly.
Productive and Busy workplace
Gift Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was an amazing place to work for the three years I worked there. I felt like I was actually helping my community by providing a complimentary service to hospital guests.
Pros
free lunches; short breaks;
Cons
volunteer work meaning no pay
Great environment, promoting health care
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working with the people I came in contact with. Most employees were friendly and hospitable. This was a volunteer position, so there is limited information for me to give.
Pros
Promotes health and wellness
Cons
n/a
Kaiser volunteer experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 12, 2018
It's a straight forward position. You're stationed at the hospital's front desk at the main entrance. You are in charge of greeting customers, giving them directions, looking up their appointments, and looking up family/friends if they are in the ER.
From time to time, you will also be asked to transport patients in wheelchairs from various destinations (e.g. another department or to their car parked out front).
I've only done Monday mornings, and the flow fluctuates with it being quieter some days, and other days you're called to several locations to bring patients all over the hospital.

I think it is worth it to volunteer here, however, as it gives you some insight on how a hospital works and gives you interaction time with patients.
Pros
patient interaction, get to move around the hospital
Cons
manager is hard to get a hold of, cranky people, not having enough information to direct someone
so much fun
General Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great hospital to volunteer at. You can grow and help the community so much! I enjoyed meeting new people. Although it was intense at times, I still left him feeling grateful for volunteering there.
fun workplace with a great staff.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2018
What I learned is what it takes to sell great automobiles, and go the extra mile for my customers, great work environment. the most enjoyable part of the job is great food for Lunch every Saturday Afternoon.
Pros
Free Lunches Every Saturday
Cons
Brutal Hours every Saturday
Fun and quiet
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 6, 2018
Normally it was slow, but it was fun having to interact with my fellow volunteers and other people visiting the hospital. I enjoyed helping people find their destination, and rather fulfilling guiding mothers out of the hospital after their harsh experience giving birth and into a life of a parent.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Some rude people
Volunteering is a long process but overall good
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of being a volunteer at kaiser is that we are able to help people that need help, another enjoyable part is that we are able to converse with patients and we get to know them, we are also able to learn more about their experience everything in order to improve systems.
Pros
Discountes, Lunch is paid for by kaiser
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun, experience where i get experience an aspect of a health care career.
Volunteer Guest Guide (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2018
The care for Kaiser employees is much shown and makes working for them very comfortable. They do have strict guidelines to follow for employee and patient safety but other than those guidelines, working at Kaiser is very relaxed.
Very fun place to volunteer
Kaiser Permanente Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 20, 2018
This was a very fun place to volunteer. I got to work with patients in Oncology, and get to know them and develop a stable connection. It was great to see what it was like inside of a hospital environment first-hand.
Pros
Experience
Cons
I was only a tech intern
Volunteer Technician (Former Employee) –  Terra Linda, CAJune 17, 2018
Perhaps I am missing something here, but it doesn't seem like I can opt out of giving a review of an organization where I simply volunteered around thirty hours
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAJune 14, 2018
A day volunteering at kaiser would be guiding patients to destinations etc. One thing was you could not touch the patients due to liability but was understandable.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
just volunteered
Productive and rewarding working with patients.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  280 Hospital Parkway San Jose, 95119June 14, 2018
My work at Santa Teresa Hospital was very rewarding especially when I would bring items into the hospital rooms for patients, like newspapers, reading material, snacks, etc.
Pros
Volunteer
Cons
n/a
productive , fun and always time to learn new things
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 12, 2018
Friendly place to work / volunteer . from helping patients to the right department , helping with wheelchairs, and looking up where there appointment it at . Friendly people all around and a good place to be !
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 7, 2018
I volunteered there. It was a great opportunity to learn the healthcare field. They weren’t too attentive of the volunteers and would not help you get a job there.
Amazing company to work for
Medical Offices Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 1, 2018
Organization takes care of their employees, offer benefits and tuition reimbursement if looking to further career in medical field. Cares about clients as well as staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably