Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Found 192 reviews matching the search See all 8,806 reviews
Best place for nursing student
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 13, 2019
This is one of the best place for students who are in nursing program. The co-workers are very good in team work, the best of communication, willing to instruct the intern from A to Z
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAFebruary 23, 2019
I volunteered at Kaiser a few years ago. I was in high school and wanted to volunteer for experience. I worked at the Pharmacy along with one other volunteer. It was a great experience because I was learning communication skills and on top of that, learning about difference medications. The staff was very nice and were always willing to help me whenever I needed help.
This was a volunteer position.
Hospice Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I volunteered in the Hospice Department at Kaiser in Riverside, CA. It was an amazing experience that the Kaiser Volunteer Coordinator trained and prepared me for before I began working directly with families. The Volunteer Coordinator in the Hospice Department was really welcoming and conscientious about making her volunteers feel comfortable and knowledgable about working with patients (and families) in the hospice program. It was a wonderful experience and if Riverside wasn't so far from where I live I would still be there. I loved it!:)
Pros
Opportunity to work with folks dealing with issues surrounding death & dying.
Cons
Location too far from where I live.
Great Learning Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 13, 2019
I am currently a volunteer and I am able to work with a lot of knowledgeable people. We are able to work in certain parts of the hospital that interests us. We learn and do so much in this program. I would recommend it to people who are looking to join the medical field and want to have a feel for what your getting in to and what is expected to work in a hospital or certain doctors preferences.
Pros
flexible, discounts
Cons
some locations have set hours
Internship worthy
PAID & VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Supported senior technicians in handling tickets called in from satellite sites, which included replacing monitors,hardware, minor repairs of devices, inventory outgoing equipment to vendors as well as receive incoming orders.
Pros
Worthwhile experience
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAJanuary 5, 2019
I was a volunteer through the COPE Health Scholars Program. The hospital itself had very nice and helpful nurses who where willing to take the time and help teach the volunteers.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 4, 2019
I hope to one day work for kaiser but for now until i get my credentials i am only a volunteer. i still enjoy the energy and friendliness of staff and faculty i feel like kaiser is a great place to work at.
Pros
will always be a need for medical personal
Cons
at least needs to be certified in some kind of medical profession to get hired
great place to work with great benefits
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CADecember 13, 2018
As an intern and volunteer, I had a great experience working at Kaiser. This company is very supportive of their staff. I learned a lot during my internship and volunteer hours. It will be a dream come true to work at Kaiser.
Fun and Productive workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 14, 2018
Everyone who worked there was very nice and always offered to help whenever I need it. They are very welcoming of everyone and always have a positive attitude.
Wonderful. The people were nice
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Worked hard, helped the patients, mainly the elderly. Met some employees that were a little difficult to work with but nothing drastic. Helped a patient get to all her appointments by wheelchair and she thanked me and spoke to my manager about how helpful and gracious I was.
I had a great experience working in the Critical Care Unit.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
I learned something new every time I volunteered at Kaiser Permanente. It was a great experience assisting the nurses and doctors. My duties consisted of clerical duties and assisting the nurses by providing excellent customer service to patients and family. I was in charge of checking important documents of the nurses regarding their job in Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Had to drive for about 30 minutes.
Productive and competitive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to see my peers and seeing the patients if they need anything. Everyone in the hospital are super sweet and working in the hospital helped me gain experience of whats around the hospital and how things work.
It was fun wasn’t really hands on
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAOctober 19, 2018
If you like medicine or thinking about doing something in medicine it’s a great opportunity it wasn’t really hard everyone was nice we went on field trips but it was also just a summer job.
Very collaborate
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 11, 2018
Kaiser Permanent has an amazing staff that is always focused on providing he best patient care. From the moment you walk in to the moment that you leave the staff is very attentive and friendly.
Productive and Busy workplace
Gift Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 19, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was an amazing place to work for the three years I worked there. I felt like I was actually helping my community by providing a complimentary service to hospital guests.
Pros
free lunches; short breaks;
Cons
volunteer work meaning no pay
Great environment, promoting health care
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working with the people I came in contact with. Most employees were friendly and hospitable. This was a volunteer position, so there is limited information for me to give.
Pros
Promotes health and wellness
Cons
n/a
Kaiser volunteer experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 12, 2018
It's a straight forward position. You're stationed at the hospital's front desk at the main entrance. You are in charge of greeting customers, giving them directions, looking up their appointments, and looking up family/friends if they are in the ER.
From time to time, you will also be asked to transport patients in wheelchairs from various destinations (e.g. another department or to their car parked out front).
I've only done Monday mornings, and the flow fluctuates with it being quieter some days, and other days you're called to several locations to bring patients all over the hospital.

I think it is worth it to volunteer here, however, as it gives you some insight on how a hospital works and gives you interaction time with patients.
Pros
patient interaction, get to move around the hospital
Cons
manager is hard to get a hold of, cranky people, not having enough information to direct someone
so much fun
General Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great hospital to volunteer at. You can grow and help the community so much! I enjoyed meeting new people. Although it was intense at times, I still left him feeling grateful for volunteering there.
fun workplace with a great staff.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2018
What I learned is what it takes to sell great automobiles, and go the extra mile for my customers, great work environment. the most enjoyable part of the job is great food for Lunch every Saturday Afternoon.
Pros
Free Lunches Every Saturday
Cons
Brutal Hours every Saturday
Fun and quiet
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 6, 2018
Normally it was slow, but it was fun having to interact with my fellow volunteers and other people visiting the hospital. I enjoyed helping people find their destination, and rather fulfilling guiding mothers out of the hospital after their harsh experience giving birth and into a life of a parent.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
Some rude people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight