Kaiser Permanente Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 2,920 reviews matching the search See all 8,929 reviews
Great Company!!
Executive Consultane/Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 17, 2019
Loved working at Kaiser Permanente! Great culture and benefits! Great opportunities to advance and the company has an important moral center.Spent 14 great years there.
Good Job/ Poor Management
Social Worker Associate/ Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2019
It's not the job it's the people.I liked my job at Kaiser but if you are stuck in a dysfunctional department+ poor leadership = poor work environment.
Pros
Annual Union Raises
Cons
Poor Leadership and unethical
Thriving for the care of our patients
Pharmacy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2019
Day to day operations is just making sure that the department is running smoothly. Kaiser does well in promotion of their product and the staff does their best to live up to expectations. If you keep up the morale the staff have more drive. As a manager it can be difficult to find that work life balance. You are there to support the staff with their needs in operation, which can put your managerial duties on the backburner. You see a lot of managers working late, working on their vacation or on their off days.
Pros
good company benefits
Cons
lack of worklife balance
Bad managment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 15, 2019
Alot of turnover, layoffs and empty promises. Union doesnt help and dues are always taken out of pay checks. Kaiser use to be one of the best places to work but not anymore
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 13, 2019
I learned a lot at this place. The MDs were very helpful and supportive. Has amazing benefits including medical benefits. Will recommend for anyone to work.
Worst Place I worked in 40 years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 12, 2019
KP NW. Management and the unions are awful. My leader was the worst I have ever worked within 40 years. The unions prevent you from being creative and innovative. You will spend 60% of your time managing union issues. Getting rid of low performing employees is next to impossible. Pay is poor benefits are good. Senior Leadership will not stand beside you, you are on your own. Stay away from HPSA and its senior leader. Very political and non-supportive.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Everything but the benefits
We always thrive at kp
RN, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 11, 2019
Best company ever. Compensation benefits no comparison from other hospitals. Manager's in vallejo are very supportive. That is why many employees stay at kp. The best ever!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More benefits
Descent company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 11, 2019
The company pays very well and offers great benefits, however it’s often not the company you work for but the employees within the company. Unfortunately, there are women who’ve become miserable and complacent which brings down the moral in the office. Or management that either follows the crowd with a lot of drama or incompetent.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Miserable employees/management and lack of growth
Great pay poor work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateApril 10, 2019
Fast paced company. They do teach you how to do things the proper way and are willing to give you the training. They make sure everyone works in their scope.

Everyone is replaceable and many times that is managements impression they give. They do not care about the individual employees. They want their bank accounts to thrive not their employees.

Lots of hoops to jump through for referrals.

I have been a long time employee and keep hoping it will get better but it just seems to get worse.
Pros
Pay, benefits, discounts, reward programs
Cons
Company not willing to adjust schedules, poor morale, management is not supportive of staff
Working at Kaiser Permanente has been one of the best experiences that I ever had.
Home Health Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 10, 2019
Kaiser Permanente is one of the best organization to work with; they offered good benefits and job stability. I have been with them for 11 years. Kaiser Permanente allowed me to advance my education and thanks to them I am graduating with a Master's degree in a few weeks. Unfortunately, they do not hire new grads, and I need to go and get my experience as a social worker somewhere else.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No opportunities for new grads
Great company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 10, 2019
I started in 2007 as a medical assistant making 15 dollars an hour and 11 years later I was making 30 dollars an hour. Kaiser has helped me so much, I would not have had a house or health insurance.
Strict and repetitive
Appointment Specialty Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 9, 2019
Very stressful and over worked on a typical day. Great pay and benefits. But the call center is literally the worst place to be with this company. The company itself is a great place just not this department.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks, micro-managing
gym
Benefits Consultant III (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2019
Most Kaiser facility have on-site gym for their employees to use. Also promote flexible schedule and allow to work remote based on business needs. Thrive and best places to work!
Pros
Annual holiday lunch or dinner recognition
Cons
lack of resources
Union staff oriented
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 8, 2019
As a union shop Kaiser makes very little effort to support management decisions without the approval of union management which in no way promotes profit for the company or benefits its patient outcomes.
Pros
Pay avg for area.
Cons
A public relations only mission statement, not followed in any way by its performance, poor management selections/staffing.
Great Benefits
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 8, 2019
Including tuition reimbursement. However Kaiser will not hire you without experience even if they paid for your training. This policy needs scrutiny and revision.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 7, 2019
A normal work day consists of roughly 70-100 calls a day, sometimes overwhelming. A very strict schedule and hours that limit family time. The benefits and pay good.
Pros
Pay, benefits, training
Cons
hours
Kaiser is the best place to work and to if you are needing to have medical services.
KPHC SITE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 6, 2019
Kaiser takes very good of their employees. I was with the company for 16 years. I had a great working relationship with my assigned departments and hospitals. I left the company due to my Husband's job moving to Michigan. I have great appreciation for the Nurses, Providers and auxiliary staff. I was very fortunate that to start out working at the help desk and then going to a Epic only team. I felt that I needed to see the hospital side to understand the "why" to the supporting side.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not enough Kaiser's through out the country.
Overall Working Experience with Kaiser
Senior Consultant/Regional Lead (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2019
My overall experience working with Kaiser Permanente encompasses many benefits. The ability to work remotely allows me to complete projects and tasks efficiently. Overall the company's Mission and Values promotes a strong network between employees, other organizations and members.

During the time of my employment with Kaiser I have been afforded several learning opportunities. The vast majority of this learning evolves around EPIC Software.

Management within the last year has shifted greatly. Due to poor economic performance of the Colorado Region new challenges and overall direction of the organization continues to create barriers for employees.

Overall, I enjoy my position with Kaiser and working with our providers and staff.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Unstable Leadership
Best benefit package
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 4, 2019
Depending when you started, you might have one of the best employee benefit packages out there. This includes great healthcare care, retirement (401K + Pension), PTO and flexible working schedules.
Great Company to work for
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 4, 2019
I enjoyed working for Kaiser. I worked in PFS and I loved the atmosphere, work family, and the workload. Benefits are great and the pay as well. I would love to go back if I could!
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably