Kaiser Permanente Pay & Benefits reviews

54K
42.2K
31.1K
Found 2,506 reviews matching the search See all 7,810 reviews
Good Place to work with little opportunity
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2018
Kaiser could be a great place to work. Unfortunately, many managers do not know the ins and outs of healthcare or the positions within their respective clinics. Promotions are based on seniority rather than merit, and promotion to supervisor/management positions typically go to people with management experience, but not necessarily healthcare experience.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement.
Coworkers were a fun group
Outpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 14, 2018
Straight medical coding. Required to meet a quota of 65 charts per day. Too much emphasis was placed on meeting the quota, I feel they should have given us more time to learn, classes, etc.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Not enough training in my field
Stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 12, 2018
will make you a really good caregiver or it will make you question if you want to work in healthcare. This company is very stressful and requires caregivers to work at top of scope
Pros
challenging
Cons
union
Senior Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 12, 2018
A fast pace environment but lots of great people with years of experience. great teaching environment. Many opportunities to work on different aspects of PT. enjoyed my teammates
Pros
great benefits
Cons
fast paced, competitive
N/a
Administrative Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 12, 2018
Good place to work, be willing to wait several years before getting promoted within regardless of how much education or experience you have, unfortunately politics play a huge part.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Management and promoting within
Working conditions could be better
Journeyman lead carpenter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
Good salary but working conditions could improve. Work days are busy. The workplace culture could improve so employees can feel valued. The job is not hard.
Loved working at KP Colorado
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 9, 2018
Kaiser Permanente was a great employer to work for. If my husband's job hadn't been transferred out of state, I would've been with them until retirement or until my body gave out, whichever were to happen first. Very busy clinics, but good pay with great benefits means very little employee turn over. I miss working with my KP family.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Union, not-for-profit
Cons
Very busy, could use additional FTE to hire more clinic back staff, occasional disconnect between management & staff
No work life balance
Imaging Assistant/Digital Imaging Librarian (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAAugust 8, 2018
Kaiser is a high paying job with good benefits. Management is another thing all together. There is no management/ worker cooperation. Kaiser has no respect for veterans.
Pros
Good Pay
Competitive
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2018
This is a great organization with lots of employees. Sometimes an organization gets so large that the needs of employees get lost and management operates in silos. Overall, great benefits and a cooperative environment.
Dont expect to be anything but a bedside nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Difficult- if almost impossible to cross train to other areas. Almost impossible to transfer to another hospital or region. Once you start you are stuck- we call it the golden handcuffs. The pay and benefits are so great, but you cannot every grow yourself or promote yourself.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
lack of growth, transfer opportunities
Great place to work ,
Histology Technician (Cyto Prep) (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 5, 2018
Been part a on going improvements of our daily work and patience care is great even if we are just behind the scene whithout actually having physical contact with patients we still make different with our customer services to our Pathologists and patients .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working hours
Management issues related to Union
Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 5, 2018
Turnover of staff is high in labor and management, inadequate orientation and training related to constant crisis mode, which continues a vicious cycle

Pay is great, but not worth the stress level

If you can hack it, great training if you can’t afford to get a masters

Make sure you keep a Prn job in your back pocket
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Constant crisis mode, autocratic, fear based culture
Reliable job
Radiologic Technologist (R) (CT) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 4, 2018
I never fear that my job is in jeopardy at Kaiser. It's a very stable job, it pays really well. Co workers are great, we stick together and get the job done no matter how hard. The amount of work can be taxing at times and it can make quality suffer.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Very high work volume
Small patient population, reasonable work expectations, supportive and caring staff, generous pay and benefits
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 4, 2018
Working at Group Health was the best job I ever had. There was very little staff turnover. Staff was caring and supportive, management was responsive and available.
Pros
Supportive staff, adequate pay and benefits, responsive management
lovely
Executive Assistant / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 3, 2018
awesome company would have stayed if i did not relocate. they are a people / employee company they have excellent benefits and vacation work balance is great
Great place to work good people
APPOINTMENT/REGISTRATION/CASHIER CLERK (Former Employee) –  Hilo HawaiiAugust 3, 2018
Reason for leaving is because I Moved to Las Vegas
Where there was no Kaiser or I would’ve never left
The staff there was just like family
Best pay and benefits in health care
Pros
Awesome pay/benefits
There is a reason for the high retention rate...
Pathologists' Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 3, 2018
The medical benefits alone are outstanding, it offers a pension and even pet insurance! It is a well run machine, with a lot of management personnel and opportunity for growth or transfer if needed.
Pros
Pension, medical benefits.
Cons
It's still just a corporation with a lot of red tape.
Abo Certified Optician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2018
The benefits were the best part about working for Kaiser Vandever medical offices. The co-pays were only 5 dollars. Eventually, emergency room visits went up to 50 dollars co-pay each.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rotating shifts
A good place to work
DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 2, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Kaiser Permanente. The company was flexible with my work schedule which allowed me to finish my degree. Good benefits are offered and employees are helpful.
There's a high turnover rate
Teleservice Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 1, 2018
The job has clear expectations and is fairly easy to do. The downside is if you work at the call center, you will have to deal with rude members, high call volume and short lunch breaks. The pay is decent ($22 an hour before taxes), but is not sufficient for the area if you live alone or work part-time. The job is not difficult, but you will be micromanaged with constant phone evaluations (your calls get graded). This is stressful in the beginning, but goes away as you learn more. Also, the call center has a high turnover rate. If you don't do well in training, Quality Improvement will release you before you come out of your probation period.
Pros
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably