Kaiser Permanente Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 2,683 reviews matching the search See all 8,260 reviews
i love working here
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 18, 2018
kaiser is the best job iv ever had i love that you can add your whole family to your employee insurance it is really a blessing to work here the flexible hours are great too
Post-Thanksgiving AEP tally
Individual & Family and Medicare Advantage Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 16, 2018
This point of the month two years ago in November, I was sitting at about 55 Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) applications with some mild trepidation whether or not I was going to meet my goal for the season. Today in 2017, it’s a much different story, I’m supporting an outside sales executive, I’m nowhere near the count from 2014.

My 8-month long stint with Kaiser Permanente has proven to be invaluable and enriching, although I am not making the same amount of money back then, it’s also half the stress of being constantly on the road.

The Individual and Family lines within Kaiser Permanente is also a field of expertise I wanted to learn about, I feel confident in talking about benefits and pricing with prospects on the phone including but not limited to Washington health plan finder processes to manage enrollees expectations, how reductions in consumer tax subsidies affect their own personal plans. Requirements for applying outside of Open Enrollment season is also a learning curve as often it requires explanations on turn around times with account specialists processing. There are also dependent to subscriber steps that need new applications online or by paper enrollment, premium payments, catch-ups on accounts in arrears and reconciling payments from commercial plans to Medicare-related transitions.

The federal retiree population is a also a segment that needs attention with many variables to consider in tailoring plans specific to individuals, widowed with survivor benefits to couples with one Medicare eligible or both eligible and whether they both actively working
  more... or not.

Not to neglect the public employee and state retirees eligible to enroll into a Medicare advantage hmo plan with robust benefits with more liberal cost shares.
Pros
Great products and services
Cons
Lack of benefits
Working in IT at KP means life/work balance goes right out the window.
Lead/Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 16, 2018
As a contractor then FTE, having even a 48-hour week was unheard of. Most of the time it was closer to 60 (at least when I was a contractor I was getting paid for the hours). Doing network changes 4 nights a week (mostly until wee hours of the morning) and then being expected to work a regular 8 hour day kind of shoots KP's implementation of life/work balance right in the foot. The people I got to work with were phenomenal, but you could see the strain of the nights taking it's toll on the IT engineering staff. It's as though the clinical side of the house was the only one anyone cared about and all you heard the execs talk about. IT was exempt from the benefits of life/work balance.
Pros
The people and my manager
Cons
the hours
Stressful but fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2018
During the time I worked, they were gearing us up for Healthcare Reform, and when it started, it was a mess. We had a very high call volume for half the year and since most issues had to do with the systems, we had limited access to helping the members. It was very stressful and at one point my manager snapped at me for not being able to deescalate a call. Everybody felt the stress. However, besides being the time that it was, I really enjoyed the time I spent at Kaiser. It was rewarding being able to help members.

The environment is very welcoming and lively and it was a happy workplace. Everybody was always positive and in good moods. The hard part of the job was not being able to resolve a customer's issue.
Pros
Welcoming environment, Great benefits
Cons
It can be stressful
Amazing Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 15, 2018
Employment at Kaiser Permanente, for a nurse, is to simply put it: Cream of the Crop. I worked to get into Kaiser for 2 years, went through 7 months of on-call, which included split shifts. But the grind is WORTH it. The culture at Kaiser is wonderful and the customer service is AMAZING. Great union and let's not even get started on the benefits. Kaiser definitely takes care of their own.

Honestly, if it were not for the immediate part time position and current family arrangements/schedule changes, I would not be seeking other employment. It was a VERY difficult decision to even post my resume. I will not be taking just ANY job offer. It definitely is going to have to be something that is going to be worth it, in both the pay and flexibility in the hours that we are looking for.
Excellent place to work at kaiser
INDEXER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CANovember 15, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work. For almost 30 years I worked there I never complained because, I love the what I am doing and I can easily adjust with the environment & with my co workers. Excellent benefits espeacially health benefits. I left kaiser for retirement.
Good place to work, excellent benefits.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2018
New leadership working toward Magnet status. There is a lot of potential to grow professionally, but opportunities are mostly appointed and not based in merit.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No diversity. There is one ethnic group that accounts for 90% of nursing population.
stimulating work environment
Women's Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 12, 2018
Excellent opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, with very gifted and committed medical professionals. Excellent benefits including time off.
Fun Place
Storekeeper II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 10, 2018
KP is a great place to work. Lots of benefits there. KP really treats their employees right. Work life balance is good as well. The pay is the best in the business.
Many long hours, but fulfilling when accomplished.
Operations Manager, Call Center (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 9, 2018
I personally have a role that requires many immediate decisions to be made, which can be stressful. But with management encouragement and training, learning to prioritize and delegate have been essential.
Pros
Benefits and total compinsation
Cons
High stress and reduced family time
was a great place to work
Pharmacy Benefits Analyst Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 9, 2018
was a great place to work
a typical day at work was very busy
Everything I know about pharmacy was learned from my previous employee.
My children (twins) were born prematurely and the great health benefits allowed for my children to be strong and beneficial adults.
workplace culture was to work hard
The best part of the job were the coworkers. The company is made up of great people!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
recent layoff.150.
Happy
Administrative Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2018
I love Kaiser I have been with Kaiser for 13 years I just want to make sure I am making the right decision.

Benefits are great, never have to worry.
For the most part, KP believes in its mission as a non-profit
Internal Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2018
Working in non-profit health care was a blessing. The company believes in its mission, and provides paid volunteer hours. As a non-profit, we worked hard to deliver great care for patients in a very efficient manner.
Pros
Paid volunteer hours
Cons
Not much work flexibility
hard job
Radiology Technologist VI (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 7, 2018
One thing I love about radiology is that you never stop learning. There is always something new to learn. It really keeps you on your toes. Love working with patients performing various procedures. Working closely with the Emergency Department is never dull.
Pros
great pay great benefits
Cons
management sucked
Customer Service representative
Member Services Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I worked in the customer service dept. during open enrollment period verifying members benefits with it's members transferring calls to the appointment desk when needed.
somewhat steady
Pharmacy Cashier, File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 6, 2018
This was overall a somewhat steady job but with seniority rights. I was always towards the bottom of the seniority poll so I didn't get the greatest working hours or the first pick of which vacation days I wanted. Was always in contract negotiations to get a pay raise. When I was working there, there was often union strikes which would not be resolved in a timely matter. I had a manager that was close minded and did things his own way and not really open to suggestions. Overall it was a good paying job that made living ends meet. I've met some great people over the years in working two different departments.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
managers and not getting the vacation dates i wanted
Progressive company
Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2018
High paced and progressive company focusing on member's needs. Great company to work for with excellent benefits. Lots of focused team and individual meetings to meet department & personal goals.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
fast paced
Great place to gain experience
Intern Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 5, 2018
Great place to enhance skills and build a network. The people are very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed working in a place where I was able to utilize my skills while attending school.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Does not retain intern pharmacists
Great place to work!
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OR 97015November 5, 2018
So many benefits to working at Kaiser Permanente...the pay and benefits are extremely competitive, and there are many opportunities to advance, change positions, and to relocate within the Kaiser system.
Pros
Great pay and benefits; large HMO system provides opportunities to relocate
Cons
Understaffing at times.
Not Recommended
Optician II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 4, 2018
Too stressful and TERRIBLE Management. Many areas are union/ local 105 and local7, but management was terrible in every department. The moral was the worst.
Pros
Compensation
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight