Kaiser Permanente Pay & Benefits reviews

Horrible management with too much bureaucracy
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaiser Glisan DentalDecember 17, 2017
Beware of Glisan KP Dental. This clinic has a reputation for being mean to their on-call/temp staffs. They has the habits of hiring employee with the promise of a sign on bonus then let them go to save money.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much politic, need to click with management . Otherwise, you’ll be let go.
Wonderful place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 16, 2017
Come ready to work
Enjoyable 8 hour shifts
There is room for advancement
Wonderful Supervisor
Big company
Wonderful perks
Has to enjoy customer service
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
don't have any
Fast paced
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 16, 2017
load and unload trucks, pull orders and restock, clean area, it was all about getting the job done. Watch for parlevel, report damage product, stage your area.
Cons
pay and benefits
Good benefits and career advancement options
ADVICE REGISTERED NURSE II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 16, 2017
Serious work environment. Professional but friendly staff. Lots of career advancement opportunities. Great compensation. Only one of the last healthcare companies with great retirement benefits. Hard to get into.
Outstanding place to work where they treat you like family
Assisting MD's (Former Employee) –  Waipahu, HI 96797December 16, 2017
I worked at Kaiser for a short time and was floored by how much they treated employees like family. The benefits were fantastic also. It is fastpaced which is good because I don't like to sit around doing nothing. The hardest part was that we worked short a lot. They needed more staff. The most enjoyable part was working with everyone from coworkers to MD's to lab techs and cleaning people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough people working
High Paced work environment
Biomedical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2017
High Paced career. Customer needs are priority, but Management administrative tasks overburden local technicians.Great place to work if you live near facility.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Commute
Pay is good if your willing to put up with managment
Benefits Engine Architect (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 14, 2017
The pay and benefit packages are great, however you have a tendency to feel owned by the company unless you do fall within a union group. Mine unfortunately didn't have one which I was overworked, and dealt with a lot of unfairness and favoritism. Hopefully the rest of the company knows how to treat their employees. A lot of unprofessional behavior can be found here.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
horrible management and heavy on office politics
Cool
REGISTRATION REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 14, 2017
Good pay, great benefits, protected by the union, able to move around to try new positions if open. Decent place to work if you are looking for stable employment
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at this company for 2 years. They had the best benefits and pay around. The only reason why I resigned to my job was, because I needed to relocate to another state. I learned a lot and met a lot of people that enjoyed helping others. The best part of the job was being able to use the company's resources to improve the members' health and satisfaction outcomes. Hardest part of the job was getting time off due to seniority level.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k, Great Pay, Pleasant work environment.
Cons
Difficult to get PTO requests approved, lack of team work.
Nursing at Kaiser
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2017
I worked for Kaiser Permanente as a nurse for 23 years. I enjoyed the first 18 or so.
The last few years were difficult.
But, I learned a lot and I loved caring for many ages and types of patients.
I had some excellent colleagues among the Doctors and nurses I worked with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Overtime daily; no breaks; no lunches; short staff; critical boss

Want to know more about Kaiser Permanente?

Ask a question
Productive, fun, great learning experience
Registered Nurse NICU (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CADecember 13, 2017
great people, supportive management, caring environment, helpful, great pay and benefits, provided learning experiences and education to staff. Always looking on how to improve patient safety and quality of care.
Fast paced
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 12, 2017
Fast pace, servicing a large number of members in a short amount of time. No breaks and you must be able to get along with all staff. Management guides the work ethic in each facility. Some managers care and some don't care which generally effects the workplace cultrue.
Pros
Benefits whether part time or fulltime
Cons
No breaks, fast pace
Kaiser Permanente
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 11, 2017
Kaiser Permanente is a good company to work for. They offer good Medical benefits and Retirement benefits. Their pay is excellent but its hard to get in.
Pros
Excellent company to work for.
Cons
The only bad thing is that is very difficult to get a job.
very fun place to work, with a fantastic dinning room with all facilities and also one can relax
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 10, 2017
The atmosphere was such that never wanted to stay home for a single day, very helpful and cooporative co workers, Management with fantastic attitude always had great advises, If I again get chance to work Kaiser, I would close my eyes and join it.
Pros
Most of the time free lunches were served Healthcare was fantasti
Cons
Healthcare fantastic, had short breaks plus lunch break
The Challenges and Thrills of Thriving
Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 10, 2017
Kaiser Permamente is the perfect organization to work for if you want to be a part of a company that is fast-paced, innovative, challenging, diverse, reputable, and provides excellent healthcare benefits. A typical workday involves sorting hundreds of pieces of mail from various company locations from Sacramento to San Diego; some days are super busy and other days are slow.

As an employee for over a decade, I've learned many things such as, conflicts can be and are healthy, management at every level should be open to ideas from their employees, different employee backgrounds are beneficial because they bring will about fresh viewpoints and ideas, the organization values those who driven and goal-oriented, and people must be able to adapt to change because the organization is continually evolving.

Management can either be encouraging or difficult to deal with, depending on the person who's in charge. Every manager has a unique approach to handling various situations and problems that may arise. A good manager will cause their employees to always want to go the extra mile for them. I've had some managers who made me want to go to work, and some who made me dread going to work.

My company's workplace culture is among the most diverse in the U.S. Kaiser employs individuals from many different races, gender, ethnic backgrounds, cultural beliefs, religion, and political affiliation.

The most difficult aspect of my job is adjusting to the various mail routes from the transportation department, who is responsible for providing my daily mail to sort and deliver. In addition,
  more... I must also return mail to the U.S. Post Office when they send mail for employees who transferred departments, are retired, or are deceased.

The most enjoyable part of my job is providing superior quality service to my customers throughout the facility, discussing my ideas with my department on workplace safety, mail metrics, and workflow. It is a great feeling knowing that I go to work everyday to make a difference.
Pros
Healthcare benefits that are almost second to none, and vacation accrual hours are better than may other companies.
Cons
Strict management policies that are inconsistent with company policies, and career advancement being difficult due to conflicting hiring procedures for current employees.
very rewarding place to work at.
Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 8, 2017
kaiser LAMC is a fast pace hospital. You always have to be on top of your assignment. Everyone tries to be a team payer and help each other. Every day you can learn a new lesson.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
short on staff
Fast paced work enviornment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chino hills, CADecember 8, 2017
work flow is fast paced, robots would stop working and management was quick to blame employees for unfinished work. Other than that the work is quick, and pay is good.
Pros
benefits, paycheck is nice
Cons
not much time off, management doesn't understand work/life balance
Great benefits
Pharmacy Service Manager, Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CA 95688December 6, 2017
Kaiser took well care of their employees. They offered medical benefits for yourself and your family, paid vacations, sick leave, holidays and a 401K plan.
benefits
Cons
union
UNAC (union) is not helpful to new graduate RN
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 6, 2017
The main con with this company is that I have worked for them for 13years and I went back to school for my RN, BSN. The RN union fails to acknowledge my hard work and requires outside experiences.
Pros
staff are well paid
Cons
required oustide expirence to cross from union
Great workplace, great benefits, like family
Business Process Analyst-Trainer (Current Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 5, 2017
Love working for this company. It really like it family. Hard to find a job that you legitimately enjoy going to everyday. Everyone encourages advancement and/or decisions to leave because of relocation purposes.
Pros
Benefits, Wages, Pto
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2