Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

53.9K
42.1K
31.1K
Found 7,610 reviews matching the search See all 7,648 reviews
Great environment, promoting health care
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2018
I enjoy working with the people I came in contact with. Most employees were friendly and hospitable. This was a volunteer position, so there is limited information for me to give.
Pros
Promotes health and wellness
Cons
n/a
management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAJuly 16, 2018
I believe that Kaiser would be benefit from rotating managers and assistant managers. Recognition should be given for level of education. Managers should be highly educated in business management.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
getting too comfortable in a union protected environment
So far okay place to work
Executive Vice President and Advisor HROM (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
Too early to tell all. So far I have been able to push the HROM agenda narrative and agenda that I have created.

I am working at one acceleration site and have had some limited success so far. We will need to step it up in the next couple of months in order to accommodate all of the changes necessary.

Their management culture is way too reliant on update meetings at the executive level. This is indicative of organizations that don't yet totally trust their employees.
Unprofessional workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 15, 2018
Very unorganized and unprofessional, barely could depend on management, work environment was also very unprofessional. No job security at all, they fire people for random reasons, and they are very unorganized.
Cons
Unprofessional and unorganized.
What I learned
RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 15, 2018
Loved my time at KP. Unfortunately KP went through a bad growing season where they implemented a culture of laying off people by calling it "restructuring and hubbing" KP words of One KP and Loyalty were lost to those most loyal that suddenly found themselves without a job. The majority of employees were listed as excellent and exemplary but had too many years of service in. Most left and some found another job within the system for less pay and not utilizing their skills to the fullest potential.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
short or no breaks, layoffs
Rapid managments changes
REGIONAL ADVICE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2018
In the last year many management changes have occurred. RN's left with uncertainty if they will need to find new positions. Will need to watch what the new plan is over the next 3 months.
Pros
Excellent pay, benfits
Cons
Rapid management changes
Fun and productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 14, 2018
Organized
patient centered care
fun and enjoyable work environment.
Always has training when need and if needed.
Affordable healthcare for patients
Kaiser call center nursing
Call Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora,COJuly 14, 2018
I had set hours that I worked and was happy with my position and time. Then came the decision to close the call center. Because I had low seniority, I was not able to secure a position that would work with my family life at that time. I was laid off from Kaiser after working for them for 2 years.
Pros
kaiser contributed to 403K
Cons
unable to secure another position when restructuring took place
Customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
Good workes i like work for my future. I like customer service. I working hard. I have good personality. Hepl the customer. Ineed for my reference sponsored .
Intern
Field Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
I was an intern at Kaiser so I didn't receive benefits like the full time employees. I also was given short breaks. Not a lot of time to relax. I felt pressured to work.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Short breaks
Contractors are not treated well
Workstation PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 13, 2018
PC Refresh contractors are not treated well, have to work very hard, money is not good, no benefits and no guarantees of getting work, FTE however are treated and paid well.
Kaiser volunteer experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 12, 2018
It's a straight forward position. You're stationed at the hospital's front desk at the main entrance. You are in charge of greeting customers, giving them directions, looking up their appointments, and looking up family/friends if they are in the ER.
From time to time, you will also be asked to transport patients in wheelchairs from various destinations (e.g. another department or to their car parked out front).
I've only done Monday mornings, and the flow fluctuates with it being quieter some days, and other days you're called to several locations to bring patients all over the hospital.

I think it is worth it to volunteer here, however, as it gives you some insight on how a hospital works and gives you interaction time with patients.
Pros
patient interaction, get to move around the hospital
Cons
manager is hard to get a hold of, cranky people, not having enough information to direct someone
Great First Step into Nursing
RN (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 12, 2018
This was my first job out of college and it was a wonerful learning experience. Staff was for the most part very kind and supportive and although hours could be long at times, it was worth it on the up side.
Pros
good coworkers, staff, management, training
Cons
can feel like a grind
fun working at this company
Collections/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed myself working for this company. My co-workers got along well we did a lot of team building. The manager team was always pushing you to do a better job and going back to school.
so much fun
General Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great hospital to volunteer at. You can grow and help the community so much! I enjoyed meeting new people. Although it was intense at times, I still left him feeling grateful for volunteering there.
Great Staff
Sr. Staff Asst. (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 11, 2018
What kept me with my department the longest was certain staff I worked with. We became more like a family since we spent so many hours with each other at the hospital. Our management staff was consistently changing. In my 5 years there, we went through 6 different directors and or managers. Because of this, disciplinary actions were not consistent for staff. This led to horrible attendance in certain staff, and poor performance. When these actions were attempting correction, there was significant resistance on both sides for the lack of consistency by management. Certain staff members were extremely disrespectful to the administration staff, often creating toxic work environments and the inability to effectively to conduct business or carry out any operational needs. I am hoping this was just a location issue, and not an overall organizational issue.
Pros
health insurance paid for, paid vacation & sick time, flexible work hours
Cons
minimal appreciation for contributions, low employee morale in dept.
Data Specialist/SAS Programmer Senior (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 11, 2018
Great Benefits!! Good opportunities to move around the company. Flexible work schedule with possible opportunity to work from home. Top heavy in management.
Union - Represented employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
The represented employees are less likely to take personal accountability. When corrective action comes, they are likely to avoid work and, or meetings to prolong the process.
Kaiser was a great place to work.
Registered Nurse- ER (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 11, 2018
Kaiser was a great company yo work for, especially good benefits financially and working towards retirement. I have never worked for a company before that offered flexible days off for family events or mental health wellness.
Work Environment
Assistant Administrator of Operations (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
This organization values professionalism, excellence, patient-centered care, teamwork, integrity and compassionate care. Patients and family are a priority.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably