Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Poor Work Culture
Nutritional Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 8, 2018
The manager of the department was terrified of the union and would not make any decisions for fear of being removed from her position. The culture was very toxic and there was a lot of workplace bullying and backstabbing.
My schedule was very inconsistent. I was told one thing when I started but then it kept changing. Foodservice can be notorious this way but hospitals normally are very consistent with their positions.
The department head seemed very overwhelmed in her position and unqualified.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Poor Culture
Great place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 8, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company - joining is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects .
A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Pros
Medical
Longetivy
Schedule Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 7, 2018
Do the job you are hired to do. Learn other aspect of the job to be invaluable to the organization. Make sure if you are looking to move up to Management you learn and much as possible. Get to know the movers and shakers, networking is the key to advancement. Obtain a degree for whatever position you are trying to obtain.
Pros
Ability to move up
Cons
Moving up is the game of who you know
Teleservice Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 7, 2018
The training that was received to complete the task for the job was very well organized and well presented. The on the job training and feedback helped with job improvement.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Good place to work if you dont mind floating
Per Diem Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 7, 2018
I think they need to allow Ma's to do more with their skills then just vital signs especially for the money they make. I prefer to use my skills then loose them.
friendly staff
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Kensington, MDAugust 6, 2018
good place to work learn alot. management was fair. love going to work. meetbsomevreally good people. Everyone were team players. i loved working the overnight shift.
Pros
clean
Cons
noisy people
Kaiser was a Great place to work. I enjoyed the culture and the opportunities for advancement
Senior Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 6, 2018
I started out in customer Service and later on I moved on to Sales and Marketing working with the national and regional accounts. I enjoyed the autonomy and the quarterly bonuses.
Pros
Working in the clinics and hospitals.
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
This job was very high paced and call time restricted. On an average I would take 3,000 calls per month. I volunteered in other areas of the call center to gain extra hours for to assist patient needs.
Pros
Providing excellent patient service
Cons
Restricted time call minutes
My experience working at Kaiser Permanete
(Intern) Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
I worked as a unit secretary part-time and I was able to gain a tremendous amount of experience regarding the medical field. would update the assignment board and give the nurses their phones. I dropped off patient prescriptions to the pharmacy for patients discharge medications. I most enjoyable part of the job was learning and gaining all the medical knowledge as possible.
Compensation/benefits
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 6, 2018
Kaiser is a great start of your career path. They offer training and help with schooling. You have the option to transfer within the facility within 6 months. I wish I didn't have to leave this company. We need Kaiser on the East coast.
Dont expect to be anything but a bedside nurse
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2018
Difficult- if almost impossible to cross train to other areas. Almost impossible to transfer to another hospital or region. Once you start you are stuck- we call it the golden handcuffs. The pay and benefits are so great, but you cannot every grow yourself or promote yourself.
Pros
pay benefits
Cons
lack of growth, transfer opportunities
Fun
File Clerk - Patient Records (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
Fast paced but I absolutely loved it. Made the day go by faster. Would not change anything I have learned and the skills I have accumulated with the spent there. Very informative and made me better at organizing and great at what I can do and contribute.
Awesome company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 5, 2018
Kaiser focuses on patient care and the patient experience. The company seeks to ensure that its members receive fair and equitable treatment that is timely and safe.
Keeping your head on swivel
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 5, 2018
Checking all the wings of the hospital.
CPI, CPR/BLS how to handle patients in a emergency situation.
Management, micro-managing, to many chefs.
it has its ups and downs like anywhere else.
UP and going always moving.
Meeting people that you wont see or meet again
The people you work with.
Pros
Able to travel to other islands
Cons
3rd party contracted security
Great place to work ,
Histology Technician (Cyto Prep) (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 5, 2018
Been part a on going improvements of our daily work and patience care is great even if we are just behind the scene whithout actually having physical contact with patients we still make different with our customer services to our Pathologists and patients .
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working hours
Management issues related to Union
Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 5, 2018
Turnover of staff is high in labor and management, inadequate orientation and training related to constant crisis mode, which continues a vicious cycle

Pay is great, but not worth the stress level

If you can hack it, great training if you can’t afford to get a masters

Make sure you keep a Prn job in your back pocket
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Constant crisis mode, autocratic, fear based culture
Employee Recognitation is great
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 4, 2018
Working at this facility was great. I enjoyed the flexibility of my schedule. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Gaining another position at this company would be a blessing.
Reliable job
Radiologic Technologist (R) (CT) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 4, 2018
I never fear that my job is in jeopardy at Kaiser. It's a very stable job, it pays really well. Co workers are great, we stick together and get the job done no matter how hard. The amount of work can be taxing at times and it can make quality suffer.
Pros
Pay, stability
Cons
Very high work volume
Small patient population, reasonable work expectations, supportive and caring staff, generous pay and benefits
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 4, 2018
Working at Group Health was the best job I ever had. There was very little staff turnover. Staff was caring and supportive, management was responsive and available.
Pros
Supportive staff, adequate pay and benefits, responsive management
Externship
Externship (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 3, 2018
As intern I had a wonderful experience at Kaiser. I would love to continue my medical experience with Kaiser. I had a wonderful management team and Senor Medical Assistant that mentor me and was very detailed and patient with me. The department was all team players and helped me understand there system. The hardest part of my job was leaving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

76%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.