Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Great environment
Security System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work if you are an FTE. The people are very helpful and it's not hard to find help if you need it. But to prepared to be in a lot of meetings with people in other time zones.
Great place to work in
Report Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2018
One of the best companies that I ever worked with. It is an added value to my resume. I learnt a lot about the health care industry. It has a great stability as well.
Pros
Good management team and good work conditions
Cons
the salary is very low :((
The Kaiser Way
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 1, 2018
no growth path
lowest pay in the industry
poor leadership
poor local managers
no accountability
not enough nurses
poor benefits
poor bonus structure
tends to only higher women
Challenge
Credentialing & Privileging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 1, 2018
This job was very stressful and lack of resources. Management was a challenge and really wasn't for the employees at least certain individuals. I would recommend a different position
RE: Company Culture within Kaiser
Chronic Condition Manager non-service manager II (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 1, 2018
I managed the Chronic Conditions department and I felt the organizational culture each and everyday. This company lives up to the company's mission and vision statement.
Pros
RE: Wonderful staff
Cons
RE: Management
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2018
Overall a wonderful place to work. Have been here almost 16 years and no plans to leave. Have loved the opportunity to work in multiple departments, and gain experience in other departments.
Not hiring within Kaiser
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 1, 2018
I have been with Kaiser for almost 30 years. I have seen the ups and downs. The biggest disappointment with kaiser is that they spend 100,000's of dollars to send its employees to get a higher education, but when it comes time to advance up the ladder, we are told you must have experience with the new title, and that kaiser will not supply the experience. So after almost 30 years I am being told that if I want to work as an RN I have to leave kaiser and go get a job outside the organization. When I have the experience re-apply to Kaiser and hope to get back in. Or the other option is to apply for the "new grad program" that they have every 3-4 years at the facility where I work. The new grad positions are only per diem, no benefits, grave yard shift, and only 7 positions for more than 400 applicants. And at the last new grad hiring, kaiser hired 5 out of the 7 positions to nurses not working at kaiser!!!!!
Pros
best pay, best benefits
Cons
extremely stressful
temp to hire
Patient Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2018
be careful about moving from temp to permanent positions that they don't turn the permanent into a temp position and get rid of you. don't know about Kaiser but group health liked to do that.
Pros
great environment
Cons
GHC was kind shiesty
Superb
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 31, 2018
Very fortunate working for 29 1/2 years. The Company has given so much not only in tangible measures but even more in inspiring and empowering each and every worker to be better, healthier, and wiser. A part of me is Kaiser . Beautiful and Fun Co-Workers will always be in my Heart. I can only say.... Thank You so much!!!
Licensed Vocational Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 31, 2018
Kaiser is a great place for a career! I started my LVN career and found my coworkers to be very helpful during this difficult journey into the medical field.
Great Place to Work
Lead Project Manager - IT Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at KP for 16 years. Hardest part was that management reorganized about every 2 to 3 years. Mandates for structured project management methodology would also change based on who was within the leadership.
Pros
Great people work there
Cons
decisions seems to take forever
Awesome place to work
Medical Assistant/Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 30, 2018
I was hired from an agency 3 months after I started. The manager knew that I wasn't going to stay with the department once I got enough money to pay for my NCLEX but she hired me anyway and she adopted my kids for Christmas.
Workplace where teamwork drives quality healthcare.
Lead Physician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 30, 2018
KPGA does an awesome job at supporting new physicians. Our teams feel more like a family for which our patients benefited. Like any medical practice, new transitions (ex. changes in software or management) are often viewed as cumbersome, however, management does a good job at ensuring timely communication and needed training. The best part of the job for me was sharing the success of my team and feeling like we made a positive difference in our patient's lives. The hardest part of the job included long days when I felt like I wasn't able to do quite enough. If the opportunity ever presented again, I would not hesitate to come back.
Patient driven environment
Project Manager/ Operations Manager EVS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a company that strives for exceptional patient care, patient safety, and patient satisfaction. I enjoyed going to work knowing my team and I were working for a common goal.
A good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CaJuly 30, 2018
My role consisted of paying invoices and processing check requests. I had to verify the purchase price was consistent with the purchase order to process the payment.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Pressure to meet quotas
Good benefits
Executive Assistant/Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 30, 2018
Many opportunities to demonstrate organizational skills and talents. Excellent benefits.
Utilized the existing platforms to provide metrics for analytics
Loved working there!
Hospital Aide (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2018
I absolutely loved working there because the staff became my family. The staff worked well with each other to provide care needed and beyond that. My particular unit went thru quiet a few supervisors while I was there. Some good ones and others not so great. My last supervisor before leaving was a sweetheart! The company is a great company to work for and I'm sad they don't have one where I moved.
Pros
Medical benefits and paid time off
Cons
No set breaks
Kaiser
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2018
Working at the call center was stressful but our manager was great. Working at medical centers are better. The pay is not enough but coworkers are nice.
Kaiser Permanente
Performance Improvement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kaiser Permanente for 27.5 years. They had fantastic benifits including vacation and pay. I would highly recommend friends and family to work at KP.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Stessfull the last few years as they downsized to close in Oh.
Review
Project Manager I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2018
This organization likes to invest in employees and promote within. Company often offers events to educate staff, empower the staff for better quality of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
54K
42.2K
31.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.