Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 8,207 reviews matching the search See all 8,250 reviews
Diverse environment with many departments
Onboarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 3, 2018
I was able to learn new software and have unlimited overtime. Environment was friendly when you visit other floors, Some of the staff who worked there for years seemed miserable.
Pros
Unlimited overtime and no micromanagment
Cons
contract work and culture division
Storekeeper II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 2, 2018
Good pay and benefits. But that's why most people work there. If the pay and benefits were not good nobody would want to work there. To many old school employees still thinking its 1985 or 1995 and are fighting for their jobs everyday. Employees spend most of there days hiding and doing little as possible till some with authority tells them to go do something. Employees believe they can hide behind the union till the union says they are screwed and did it to themselves. The union has only gotten worse over the years. The union cares about collecting dues from as many people as possible. No real reps from main office to support union employees. Then the never ending race war is also another fun part of Kaisers culture. Change is a bad word at Kaiser, everyone hates change but then complain when current practice isn't working. No advancement.
want to change. Old employees tell you to stand up and fight and argue with your manager because they are not in charge the union is "OK".
Pros
Pay, benefits, retirment "I did", some really good Surgens, Doctors, and Nurses
Cons
50% of the people that work there don't care about health care or Kaiser
I had a great experience working in the Critical Care Unit.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2018
I learned something new every time I volunteered at Kaiser Permanente. It was a great experience assisting the nurses and doctors. My duties consisted of clerical duties and assisting the nurses by providing excellent customer service to patients and family. I was in charge of checking important documents of the nurses regarding their job in Kaiser Permanente.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Had to drive for about 30 minutes.
Difficult place to work in
Physician Assistant, Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 2, 2018
No room for advancement, no camaraderie. When there are issues, management ignores them, and nothing changes. There is no job security right now, as the entire company is in upheaval.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no room for advancement
Productivity with much learning experiences with fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 2, 2018
Kaiser is one of the best job I have worked at so far. Everyone is a family there even with patients. Everyone cared for another and that made the work environment so much better. There is so much to learn and expect when working at Kaiser because very day there is something new to learn.
Pros
Great work environment and experience
Senior Cashier Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 2, 2018
Follow appropriate patient registration/check-in policies & procedures. Verify &/or update all demographic information.
• Working knowledge of Health Plan coverage types, for example (but not limited to) traditional, deductible, etc.
• Check in patients by following check-in policies & procedures & using the check-in systems or manual visit records when the systems are down.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 2, 2018
Great Company to work for!!!! Kaiser is an awesome company to work for. Upward mobility, great work environment and perks! Overall this is the best company I have ever worked for!
Not an enjoyable place to work
Ambulatory Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 2, 2018
I've worked for Kaiser for over 20 years. I took a per diem position so that I can work at other hospitals where the moral is higher and where they are willing to train as Kaiser does not believe in training employees. Kaiser is very competitive! Working in the hospital is better as the RN's are a little more of team players than the RN's in Ambulatory Care, which can be very toxic. Management across the board is disorganized. There is a great deal of turnover because everyone in management is very stressed and the managers are RN's that have left floor nursing to work their way up the ladder. The ambulatory care RN's have attitudes. They think very highly of their positions because their jobs are much easier then the hospital and they get paid the same. If you are a laid back RN or passive in anyway, the RN's will try to sabotage you and will lie about you to get you fired. Sad to say, but it's the old saying is true. "If you can't handle the heat, than stay out of the kitchen". That is the atttitude of a lot of the nurses.
Pros
Poor Moral; Disorganized Management; Toxic Nurses
Cons
great pay, good benefits
Fun workplace friendly enviroment
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Working for Blackstone and Kaiser is very fun very friendly environment staff is always helpful and managers are always on top of things . i am a dispatcher and at times it gets very stressful and busy but nothing that i cant handle
Fast paced stressfull poor management
ADMITTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 2, 2018
Although oganization is superb,management lacks communication and awknowledgement . The team moral was poor due to lack of leadership , You feel micromanaged.
Kaiser Permanente Is the worst company in the world
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CANovember 2, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is the worst company I have ever worked for I have never experienced so much racism in my life! I felt Iike I was back in the civil rights movement 😂
Pros
Free lunch, benefits with full time or part time position
Cons
Unreasonable policies Bad management
Maintenance Assistant - Engineering Dept (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CANovember 2, 2018
follow work orders,helped engineers with maintenance and up keep of hospital.moving furniture and supplies to different locations,most liked just doing the job right
Family-oriented company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 1, 2018
I love the atmosphere. Very positive and supportive. I was treated beyond an employee but as a family member. There are incomparable pay and health benefits that take care of us and company benefits that provide opportunities for advancement, bonuses, and extra paid time off. For example, as a part-time employee, I still was able to take the full month of August paid time off!
Pros
flexible hours, incomparable pay, health benefits, and time off, family-friendly atmosphere
Cons
sometimes office drama or high expectations that can't be met
Great place to work for
Project Manager / Sr. BSA (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 1, 2018
Kaiser is an amazing company, full of very smart people. If I get the opportunity to work for them in the future, iI would do it again. They care about you, take the time to help you to grow and have great benefits!
Silos
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 1, 2018
Hot and cold. Some willing to share, some do not. There are very few willing to help each other. Very closed and full of silos, many not willing to work towards a common goal.
Pros
Healthcare premiums paid.
Cons
Lack of mentoring.
Fast learning environment low supervision contract assignment
CSR (Clerk III) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 1, 2018
Kaiser was a very challenging contract assignment, being hired as a clerk III was a very high speed environment, not allowing a lot for training. The employee hired for this position needs to be able to function at a high learning environment and fast paced.
Great Work
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed my position with Kaiser. My coworkers were great and friendly. When walking the companies footprint there was rairly a moment I wasn't greeted in a friendly manner.
Challenging company to work at due to patient utilization issues
Director of Food and Ancillary Services (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CANovember 1, 2018
On daily basis had to monitor if patients were out of service and bring them back into the Kaiser network.
Monitor daily patient census and make sure we had appropriate staffing coverage.
Monitor P&L and B/S and provide a variance report on a monthly basis to management.
Monitoring Cost is a major factor.
Pros
Helping sick patient get better
Cons
Cost is a major driver in decisions
challenging environment
(Pharmacy Technician Extern) Fontana (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 31, 2018
I was only an extern at the 24 hour pharmacy in the busiest pharmacy in the hospital, there was a lot to learn, quick paced environment. great staffing, very helpful and knowledgeable
Excellent Organization
Inventory Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2018
Great benefits, great compensation diversified culture and the management is great but at times they are not fair. Takes forever to hire a new candidate
Pros
Benefits, Package
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaiser Permanente.

Powered by Comparably