Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 8,207 reviews matching the search See all 8,249 reviews
Great pay, not sure it's worth it.
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Northern vaOctober 31, 2018
Management is awful. They don't care about their employees at all.
Pay and benefits are good. If you're early in your career and can tolerate BS, then this might be good. They do have a pension. Otherwise, I'm not sure it's worth it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Employees are treated poorly, "just do your job" atmosphere, unable to make positive changes or recommendations within the company
work work work
Inpatient Pharmacist Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAOctober 31, 2018
no flexibility for family life. shifts vary. can work evening, graveyard, or mornings. Fill in for part-time staff. Most weekends worked. overall, not a fit for wanting a family life.
One of the best places to work and grow within the culture
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2018
Kaiser has been one of the best places to work at because of the values it has and how they show respect. Its a hospital where you can grow within and have fun doing it.
benefits
Cons
parking
Profile
Sr. Recruiting Coordinator / Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 31, 2018
• Accomplished Recruiting Manager and Operation IT Sourcing Consultant, Managing Accounts IT/Non-IT End Clients, Technical Recruiter Coordinator (In house: Onsite) with over 9+ years of extensive background in sourcing and placement for contract and direct hire opportunities for Fortune 500 and start-up companies USA and Canada.
• Experienced working with various Vendor Management Systems (VMS) such as Field Glass and Beeline and Sales force with a high level of success.
• Respected and recognized as a team leader, motivator and true professional when interfacing with executive management, employees and prospective candidates.
• Excel in taking the recruitment process from cradle to grave (sourcing, technical assessment, negotiation, reference checking, offer, on boarding, etc.).
• Ability to build strong working relationships with team and customers to maintain productivity as well as proven track record in exceeding staffing goals.
They need more opportunities for growth
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2018
Kaiser is a patient oriented environment. They do need more opportunities for growth. The organization could also consider classes for certifications, such as. ACLS, PALS, etc.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Need Cafeterias at the Modules
Hardware Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Harbor City, CAOctober 30, 2018
My experience at this company was a very good, and I have the opportunity
to work with a great people, friendly great staffs wish I could have a job at Kaiser permanente.
Pros
Free lunch some time.
Good place to work.
Proposal Development Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2018
Kaiser Permanente is a good place to work because they are very inclusive when hiring, so there is a very diverse group of people working there. The company promotes diversity and acceptance.
Office Enviormnet
Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver County, COOctober 30, 2018
A typical work day is balanced pace, a lot of Detail and rework as far as checking other co-workers work and researching claims, etc. Nice environment in an office setting
Pros
Lots f great people to work around
Cons
Need a part time job to make ends meet
Long work days and lots of travel
IT consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 30, 2018
Typical work week starts in the help desk support center with answering calls. The second day is scheduling your travels to the site you will be working in the rest of the work week.
All scheduled installs are managed with email. If you don't have email access you may miss important information.
The Management was very supportive and understanding great to work with.
Pros
Great Managment team.
Cons
Lots of travel. Lots of filling out reimbersment forms.
Very Good Company to Work
Sharepoint Programmer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 30, 2018
Learned so many new topics.
Motivated team.
Never feel new.
Friendly Environment.
Must be very good programmer as a developer role
Attending for meetings on time also important.
What I learned
Environmental Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 30, 2018
Working for Kaiser as a manager thought me how to be patient and that everyone has a voice and need to be heard. The hardest part of my job was managing 16 locations and trying to balance my 1x1 time with each team memeber. The most enjoyable part of my job was building positive work relationships not just with my team but with my customers. I also enjoyed reconzing high performers when they exceeded bench marks.
Best place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2018
This was one of the best places that I really looked forward to working. I would recommend anyone who has an opportunity to work here that they will not be disappointed.
Pros
They care for the employees and their patients.
Cons
Not enough acclaimations
Program Management Consultant/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 29, 2018
collaborative team work, opportunity to learn and apply new technologies, frequent meetings, daily technical challenges and issues that keeps everyone busy, several daily meetings
Summary
Collector II - Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2018
Kaiser on average is a good place to work. It's the managers you have to watch out for. Its unfortunate that their people skills don't match up to the excellence that you would expect from the organization.
It was fun working with the people, and I w as able to attend the university while working
Associate Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakland CAOctober 29, 2018
Running groups, sessions with individuals, and families, and staffing clients at daily meeetings
The departmenr staff was very diverse. The most enjoable aspect of the postion was helping clients and the hardest was not always having access to the type of resourses that clients actually needed.
Pros
The holliday activities were very festive
Cons
none to think of
Its ok
CLERK IV (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 29, 2018
Kaiser Is Great When It Comes To Competitive Pay In The Bay Area. However When It Comes To Management Its Relative To The Individual. I Personally Have A Well Balanced Relationship With Both Of My Direct Supervisors. However Because Of The Environment I Work In There Are Several Managers Over One Department, I Have Had Several Unpleasant Experiences.I Do Appreciate The Flexibility Within The Department.
Very focused place place to work for
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 29, 2018
I was managing over 100 plus projects in a year and over thirty plus on monthly bases. This was involved couple of major projects and mostly updates to others.
Pros
Friendly environment
Such a great opportunity !
Summer Youth Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
As a summer youth intern I was a able to experience the medical field hands on. It really opened by eyes and was the final push i need to decide the medical field was right for me. It was one of the best opportunities!
Great organization to work for.
SNF coordinatore (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 29, 2018
I have worked for Kaiser, for 18 years. Wouldn't trade it for anything. There is always more to learn, people work together to improve the quality of care.
Pros
excellent benefits
Supervisor Office Services (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 29, 2018
Great pay, great benefits. They provide you with the tools you need to be able to do your job. They work with you to help get you to the next level. Overall, very happy here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight