Kaiser Permanente

Found 11,553 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,603 reviews

Kaiser Permanente insights

Based on 3,080 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job

You work hard, but it’s worth it

Featured review

Kaiser Permanente selected this as a representative review
Work-life balanceWork life balance isn’t too badPay & benefitsExcellent pay and excellent benefitsJob security and advancementJob security is great and my manager supported me going to school. But I’ve heard in other departments that it’s difficult to findOverallYou work hard, yes. Is it worth it? 100% I loved working here!!! I had to leave due to school but I highly recommend kaiser to anyone! I hope to be hired again once I graduate with my RN. Excellent pay(35/hr for LVN which is unheard of) Excellent benefits( did I mention they’re FREE)I love kaiser. People talk badly about the work environment here but I have never had an issue

Great pay, decent benefits, poor management.

I have experience working in a Kaiser hospital which was much better run that my current position as an advice nurse. Very poor management and unclear direction.

Therapy factory

I love the work I do with patients but I’m frustrated with management. They make it hard to do good job. They are a very top down and penny pinching company

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

More committed to profits then patients it is none stop therapy mill

Needs improvement

My gripe with Kaiser is poor management and a stressful work environment for nurses. Other than that, great pay, the patients are lovely and there is room for upward mobility.

Different type of Work Culture

Since it is a union run hospital, there is a different culture. You have a set schedule and can only change it through your union. The pay is excellent and fair but they don’t provide enough CNA’s to be efficient.

Pros

Beautiful campus

Cons

Seniority Based

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great company

Difficult company to get into, but well worth the wait. PTO is generous as long as you aren’t one to call out often since vacation and sick time is combined for non-union employees.

Compensation and work from home

Management has gone downhill since company has grown bigger. Members complain daily regarding the lack of care and the pressure the provider is put under to provide care in a short amount of time. Employees are constantly pressured about metrics and workload has increased rapidly

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Work life balance, management and burn out

Very funny

Staff supports I had the support I needed I would apply again temp agency was the one who got me the job if you are looking for more experience I would recommend u apply here

Diverse staff, great place to work. Great department to work for. Worked a contract job there. Very competitive trying to get a full time job here and they work you to the bone but the benefits are worth it.

Plenty of room for career change/advancement.

Excellent opportunity for advancement, career change, job skills improvement/ training, various incentives, and continuing education benefits for employees/friends and family. Great work/life balance, and above standard wages.

Pros

Opportunities for growth and change. Wages, vacation/time off. Health insurance.

Cons

Minimal local job openings. High travel

Jobs at Kaiser Permanente

See more jobs

Fun place to work if your outgoing

I worked in the fulfillment pharmacy. The staff was always friendly, encouraging and supportive. Management was great and flexible. Pay was decent and benefits were great and adorable.

Pros

Pto accrual

Cons

Short staff constantly

Excellent pay and benefits

Excellent Union pay, excellent health benefits for employee and family, Fast paced work environments, you need to be efficient with your time and tasks, great training, interesting work, constant changes and updates. Micromanagement in call center.

Pros

High pay, health benefits

Cons

Everything is timed, always watching the clock

Fun!

I enjoyed the environment and my coworkers were so helpful and friendly. I thought the workplace culture was great and I had a wonderful time working there.

Pros

Great coworkers and workplace culture

Cons

N/a

pay

pay is phenomenal. golden handcuffs. management will message you during your shift if you forgot to chart. ratios are awesome as its state law.that is all

Great pay

Stable employment with great pay, benefits, and lots of opportunity for growth whether your career goals are in the hospital or beyond. With Kaiser, most people get in where they can. I got in as a UA, overall a great position with the opportunity to make countless connections with healthcare professionals and patients.

Pros

Great pay, flexible, sense of purpose

Benefits was great

Bonuses was awesome! Pay was high. Honestly can’t complain much about this company. When Covid hit many people had there schedule change without permission and no choice but to do it

Pros

Pay

Cons

Micro management

Medical Social Worker

The pay and healthcare benefits are outstanding for my field which is how they get you here. I got in with a pension but they have since done away with pensions and went from 12holidays off a year to only 6 holidays off! I love Kaiser’s mission for members and the cultural diversity in its staff where 80% of the clinicians, MD, RNs in my department were BIPOC and female! I felt supported in speaking up with any concerns but I didn’t feel like you could offer real solutions to common day problems you see solutions to. Corporate offices don’t really know the most familial approaches for patient care needs. And bottom line is they are greedy and are always looking to take way perks and add more work. There isn’t a low of upward mobility for social workers but the union provides job security and they pay is far above most employees in any field (and Kaiser knows it). In this Covid-19 pandemic I think it’s fair to say many staff are disappointed in their lack of support of us on the front lines and they expected employees to go to work in a pandemic and still battled employees unions to decrease wages and benefits; in a global pandemic.

Pros

Pension, free healthcare for the family, great pay, unionized

Cons

Greedy, corporate culture of nuanced bullying, stressful work

Employees treated as disposable

Employees can be fired anytime without giving any reasons. Short staff always. It's hard to believe it's a nonprofit organization hospital. Money is the most important matter. Kaiser demands employees to work every Sat and Sun including holidays and wanted to hire as a on-call position, not part time, which is so greedy and selfish.

Pay and benefits were amazing! Depending on the department or your job, pay is amazing as well. Kaiser is a great place to work no matter what department you are in.

Excellent

Best company to work for. Lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, excellent wages, wonderful culture, fair management, strong unions. I plan to work here until I retire

Love my coworkers but not the patient population

Kaiser is putting too much responsibilities on their staff nurses but not on their physicians who should be the one taking care of their patients. They need to hire more physicians to accommodate their growing number of patients. Nurses are getting all the blames for the physicians who can't see patients or get back to them in a timely manner. Tired of answering the phones just to hear patients complain.

Pros

Pays better than other organizations but that's the only way kaiser can keep people

Cons

Too much job duties, not enough staff to support the patient demand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.7K
3.1K
1.6K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight