Kaiser Permanente Employee Reviews

Found 9,446 reviews matching the search See all 9,499 reviews
Career driven
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2019
Great company to be a part of. Great benefits, great healthcare, great growth opportunity. Team work environment. If you enjoy helping people then this is a great job for you.
It was like a second family
Assists the physician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 19, 2019
I only left because of the travel time to work and I really miss my kaiser Family. I loved going to work every day, I hated the traffic but once I walked through the doors, it was forgotten
Excellent company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2019
Kaiser Permanente strives to continue to improve the medical care for its members. Most employees are onboard with this goal also. You feel good taking care of people who are ill and need your care. You also feel proud to work for a nonprofit company that does not have stockholders to pay.
Pros
Medical, vision, dental ins
Cons
The employees who are lazy. There are always some in every company
Expert and dynamic environment
Charge RN. Staff Nurse Clincal Level 4 (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2019
I worked for 29 years and loved every minute of it!
It’s an open learning environment and respeful cooperative team approach. I learned a great deal of interventional cardiology and had opportunity to rise through the clinical and union management level. I opted not to be a manager throughout my career.
Trained poorly. Managements patient/clinical skills lacking and bordering unethical. Fired for something their fault
Tele-Psychiatry Therapist (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 19, 2019
Not trained on complex computer program ‘learn as you go’ with ongoing glitches impossible to do job effectively. Manager would step in make things worse
Good technology choices; but poor focus on the things that mattered the most.
Full Stack Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 19, 2019
Although I was thrilled to work with the technology chosen (Node.js, Angular) - the actual codebase left a lot to be desired: no unit tests; hours upon hours required to 'debug' through the code to find/fix simple/stupid little problems; very little focus on making the code maintainable/testable, and so the end result was a lot of frustration and 'hair pulling' at the end of the project!
Pros
Good resume building experience!
Cons
I felt that my experience/professional, code opinions were not wanted.
Appointment Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 18, 2019
Great place to work. Very high paced and very stressful job in any position that is taken. Demanding job and very competitive. Many resources for a person to grow and develop.
Great
Dental member assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 18, 2019
Kaiser has been a great company to work for. I am very fortunate to have the benefits I have. They have worked with me to improve and expand my knowledge.
Great pay, but you will work for it.
RN (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 18, 2019
It's a good hospital. They try their best. They implement new things all the time, so they are not stagnant. The pay is the highest in the area, and probably the entire US. Managers micromanage everything. Nurses are expected to do everybody's job, including the PCTs, the social workers, the nutritionists, etc. But a lot of people have been here for years and will likely retire here. Very good job security.
kaiser is a family company
nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 18, 2019
it is normal to see father, mother, son and daughter at kaiser. It is all taken by family. Diversity of employment don't matter at kaiser. I didn't like it.
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 17, 2019
work with staff of diverse ethnicity , Work in team collectively .
Productive work outcome and get recognition for the work done and achieved. One main goal to provide best care to the members.
Kaiser use to be wonderful; really terrible place now
LPN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2019
Kaiser has gone completely down hill, between restructuring & job uncertainty along with the upcoming strike; Kaiser has gone from being one of the best places to work to the absolute worse place to work. People are leaving left & right, the managers & executives have no clue how the clinics run but they continue to implement staff cuts & restructuring that is bound to completely sink the company. Sad to say it but it really is a HORRIBLE place to work now; would not recommend to my worse enemy.
Great place to work.
Admitting Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 17, 2019
A solid company to be employed with great benefits, a well diverse and cultural environment, respect among staff, and a wide range of equal opportunities to excel.
Collaborative work environment
Department Administrator, Ophthalmology (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORAugust 17, 2019
KPNW is a wonderful company with great community awareness. They focus on the whole body - even in subspecialty departments. They have integrated systems that focus on keeping people healthy.
Overall a great place to work
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 17, 2019
Love several of my coworkers. Its really all about great teamwork. I work as a technician applying splints, phlebotomist, vital signs, Blood Glucose, assisting with pelvic procedures.
Performance is based of protocols resulting in increased productivity
OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 17, 2019
Standardized procedures create an environment where staff can be confident in knowing patient care is outstanding since all staff is responsible for completing tasks the same way each time the tasks are done. This decreases confusion and inconsistency which happens when everyone does a procedure without following the established standardized steps.
Management is terrible.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA areaAugust 16, 2019
Management:
Add more work forcing overtime but discipline you if you work overtime. If you speak up you are labeled a problem. It’s your fault the work isn’t getting done despite adding 20 more hours of work on top of 40 hour work week. No thanks for ensuring each patient gets quality care. You are penalized for giving quality care. Management=bullying, discrimination.
Started good, but things got bad
Identity Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 16, 2019
Lousy management.
Budget cuts in areas to prevent company benefit, but management is still able to take excessive travel.
Priorities are on red tape not getting the job done.
Management was poor .all new and they were clueless...
Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 16, 2019
The department that I worked in the management was not aware of what it took to run the department they were to busy not liking each other, our staff all had worked tighter for 10 14 years and management didn’t like that so they started finding ways to fire people one by one ...
Minimum Growth Potential
Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDAugust 16, 2019
With Kaiser being such a large organization, it is very difficult to advance within the company. When advancing the salary increases are minimum. They would prefer to bring someone from the outside in and pay them more than to keep the staff they already have

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaiser Permanente. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight