Kalahari Resorts
57Below average

Kalahari Resorts Employee Reviews

United States444 reviews
It was a fun place to work at. It gets busy alot. I did not like the housing shared a one bedroom apartment with 4 people.but over all it was fun working there.
Pros
Free water park
Cons
Pay
The management at this job was absolutely horrible. Advancement wasn't based on hard work and dedication, it was based on favoritism. Management tended to be rude and the environment was toxic overall.
Pros
The pay and hours were decent
Cons
Horrible management, toxic environment, and unfair treatment
I worked in the call center as a reservation agent, it sucked. Very poorly managed. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, not even someone who wanted money fast. It's not worth it.
Cons
Short breaks, rude customers, terrible management
My experience at kalahari has helped me improve coping skills and how to be professional at all times while on the job. Also i am very social and love to talk to people
Kalahari Resorts was a great place to work because they make you feel very welcome right away. Also the employees respect each other and the courtesy and generosity extends to every guest as well.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Over worked. It's a slave ship! Kalahari will brake your body and over work u for minimum pay. U park far .u have to train for weeks. Go to training classes to Be a Busser or manager . Then wait to be paid for at least 2-3 weeks. They make u work for hard ur feet kill u
Great place to work at for high school, had a lot of opportunity to learn about different cultures, very culturally diverse employee environment, Very flexible with after school extra curricular activities
Pros
got to test all the slides in the mornings
Cons
short breaks, very hot
Kalahari is a very interesting and great experience working with people and meeting different people from different cultures...while I was there I’ve learned different things
Working here started out great, then management changed and it became a nightmare. We switched management multiple times, no one listened to problems, I never got booked while other ex did. I hated it by time I left.
every day was really normal. just go in the morning and work until the midday or complete day. lunchtime was really short but sometimes they provide food for the staff. the rotation of the slides was messy sometimes but some others were really good. the hardest part maybe could have been to stay stood all day. but, in the end, meet new people from other countries and other cultures was one of the most enjoyable things of my job.
As a company, the people are absolutely amazing. I made some of my best friends and connections there. They are truly a family. It was definitely a fun job, but severely underpaid. For the kinds of tasks asked of Security, the pay is not good. However, the experience is invaluable. Working with law enforcement agencies, and making connections through them and through conventions. It is definitely a great stepping stone into higher positions.
Los trabajos tienen que realizarse de manera eficiente y rápida.
I like everyone that I worked with. Management was supportive and I have learned a lot. I had great experiences. I like helping customers and making my employer successful.
This was a great place to work. I love to cook and prep all the food everyday. I never would have found a better job. The people are amazing and always there when needed help.
The people that work here not the dept. I worked in, but others. They like to start bad rumors at this place. Work environment sucks royaly. There are always virus going around from people who do not wash there hands after going to the restooms/ bathrooms. Even the nitro virus was there. They has there own employees clean up the rooms where it was. They needed to call the E.p.a.
Mi trabajo en kalahari resultaba ser el primer trabajo en estados Unidos, sirvió de gran manera tal que te permite interactuar con la gente y mejorar tu inglés, con un horario fijo de trabajo que permite buscar otro empleo
When they constructed this resort they used a bunch of teenagers to help set everything up for free with no mask,no gloves super dangerous near construction going on. To later, over working with low pay. I would recommend to serve at an actual resturant if you want to make money while you are in school and pay bills and have a social life.
The job was kinda sucky and it can get very tedious and it feels like they work you like a horse sometimes, but overall it's not bad. The management was not great, and I feel like they were very scattered and didn't care about us
Moderate salary, but really stressful.
Not too much benefits, some discounts inside the stores.
Pros
Awesome waterpark
Cons
Doesn't let you reach overtime.
Some supervisors are horrible. One supervisor thought it was a good idea to berate another employee in front of guests until they cried. The managers don’t really care. One manager will come up and sniff u to make sure u smell good it was extremely rude and embarrassing. Never felt so uncomfortable at a workplace in my life
a typical day of being a lifeguard could make you feel nervous and sometimes scared if something goes wrong on your watch. what I learned after becoming a lifeguard was that people do reply on you to make the environment more safe and more fun for the guests. the hardest part about being a lifeguard would be if a situation happens there is a long process to follow up afterwards if someone gets hurt or medical attention is needed. the most enjoyable part is after shifts at the end of the day would be that all lifeguards are allowed to stay in the waterpark to have fun after hours with our co workers and managers on some occasions.
Pros
discounts to waterpark and on food and hotel rooms
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kalahari Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.