Kaleida Health Employee Reviews

Don’t work there
Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 20, 2019
It’s not a so nice place to work at. You would find out quickly. Especially disadvantageous for people of color. No one cares. It’s all about the bottom line.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Run run
Work-life balance
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 18, 2019
Employees are expected to work nights and weekends to get the job done. There is no discussion as to what can help employees do their job better and more efficiently. Little to no training is given when you start your job.
Fast paced, cut throat, non productive
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 8, 2019
Very cut throat. Fellow employees always trying to find away to make you look bad to upper management. Unit supervisor is a joke. Comes and goes when they like, no supervision. Coworkers leave on a 30 minute lunch, only to return hour and a half later, with no repercussions.
Would never advise any one to come to highpointe!
Kaleida Workday & Life as an employee
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day in the life of an hospital employee working 12 hour shifts consists of patience, team work, collaberation, and dependency.

Working with a team of different specialties as in Nurses, doctors, dieticians, physical therapists, respiratory workers, assistants, environmental services, infection control, the whole care team is vital to ensure quality care is provided for each and every patient throughout the hospital.

Skills such as organization, time management, proper and efficient communication between workers, teamwork, good attitude, all are important characteristics to a successful day and work environment.

Establishing healthy relationships with team members, patients, and family can ensure that care is being delivered to each and every individual as a dynamic to offer the best results as a community of workers.

There at Kaleida they offer a variety of career and job advancement with furthering your education with funding assistance, memberships, credit union, a variety of job and life benefits. Overall, Kaleida is a life expanding workplace that can all together impact the community and well being in human life and total existence of healthcare.
Pros
job benefits, huge campus, parking at desginated locations, job advancement, retirement, Pto
Typical Work Day
EHR Implementation Specialist/EMR Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I learned a lot being on a team of great folks being a team player. Very diverse workplace. Enjoyable part of my job was the energy that I shown. Kudos
Gi unit rn (Former Employee) –  Degraff hospitalJanuary 8, 2019
Room for growth and job changes and advances HAPPY to be working most of the time and treated fairly salary is great enjoy my job for the most part would love to stay with kaleida
Great place to work.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 7, 2019
I loved working at millard Fillmore suburban. I was there for 27 years. The benefits were the best around. Everyone worked together in a relaxed atmosphere. We had in services regularly to update our knowledge. I retired at a age that I felt comfortable with. After much thought I decided to go back in the work force but part time. I only would like two days or sixteen hours a week.
Pros
Benefits, pay scale
Great Residents, Horrible RN's & Supervisors
Certified Nursing Assistant, Nursing Float (Former Employee) –  BuffaloNovember 22, 2018
Racist Company, seemed really sweet at first but once your hired, things changed, they work the CNA's like slaves.. including their hospitals. The pay is great $15.24/HR.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lazy Nurse's& Management
Fun loving and respectable environment
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2018
Working for Kaleida has been an amazing opportunity and a wonderful experience. The endless opportunity and advancement throughout each department makes moving to the next level great.
Great
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2018
Great company to work for room for advanment leading the way just doing your job always a learning experience just by listening to scenarios meeting different orgins of people and situations.
Pros
Advanment
Cons
Not for lazy type
Great manager and love most of my coworkers.
RN Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 3, 2018
Kaleida health At BGMC has been a great place to work. Staffing has improved for nurses over the years and hopefully because of this the turnover for nurses will slow down.
Pros
12hour shifts
Caring for our community
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2018
Kaleida Health is a system that includes hospitals and many different health clinics that provide healthcare for our community. They provide and encourage continuing education to employees so that caregivers are competent.
Disappointed
PCA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 18, 2018
After working at suburban hospital for well over a decade I was dismissed like trash. Management is a joke. They hire people and play favoritism with them. Kaleida health wants their workers to go out of their way for strangers. But when it comes to dedicated workers who choose to do the right thing, it means nothing to them. The union is a joke. They have never done anything worth anything. The union is supposed to help and yet I was thrown down under the bus. Now I’m unemployed and kaleida doesn’t license and staff other that RNs. Kaleida will not ever give their employees a second chance unless they can embarrass their employees but calling them theifs or drug addicts. It’s so sad that a hospital expects so much yet they don’t give and inch.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management Schedual lazy staff, getting harassed by HR always
fast pace, always busy
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYOctober 9, 2018
typical day is dealing with patients, family, staff and making sure everyone is safe and is well rounded and not loud or upset in the workplace. clean environment very nice staff
Pros
pay, exsperience
Cons
being forced for a shift when someone doesnt show up
Kaleida is great Degraff is NOT
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYSeptember 13, 2018
The work culture at degraff was clicky and racist. The upper management showed alot of favoritism and through alot of stuff under the rug. I would recomment kaleida based on benefits but i would not recomment degraff to anybody. In the newer contract you are stuck at degraff for 2 years before you can bid out which sucks
Pros
great pay, great shift differential, alot of discounts
Cons
locations, staff, promotion, contract
Cna
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 6, 2018
As a CNA I was able to advance into the hospital systems and as a nurse as well. They promoted from within first and everyone in the company had a chance to move up as well. Very structured and well liked company.
productive workplace,great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Tonawanda, NYAugust 27, 2018
630 am to 7 pm long work day, but like 4 days a week off
working in the ER you learn on a case by case basis that nothing is ever the same at any given time.
management was ok most of the time as long as you were doing your job they pretty much left you alone.
The hardest part is seeing someone and wanting to help them so bad, but you know that there is nothing you can do.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being involved in saving someones life.
Pros
good lunch room
Cons
none really
short staffed
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 27, 2018
most of the time they are always short staffed.but theres always overtime.hardest paryt of my job is doing a nursing home on my own on a heavy draw day..things I loved about my job my manager always asked me did I want overtime
I am a very good security officer
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2018
Security is a position I have held for many years and I was a good employee for Kaleida Health. I just did not feel that there was room for advancement and an opportunity to coach College Football came up and they would not work with my schedule
Registered Nurse Ventilator Unit (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 23, 2018
Great company to work for. My position offered flexibility for school. My position is Union based which was very helpful for job bidding and securing my position