Kaleidoscope Employee Reviews

They Better Like You or Bye Bye
Child Welfare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2019
More about popularity than ability to do a job and do it well. Management gossips and look for the negative. It was a good place to work at one time... not anymore. They want people they can control and they don’t trust anyone to do their job or do it well if you don’t look like them. The will cut positions due to budget issues to turn around and hire as a way to get rid of unpopular people. Bullies
Pros
Beautiful space
Cons
Horrible Management
Best Job
Occupational Therapy Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 8, 2018
I was an intern performing Occupational therapy services at an adult day center for young adults with mental retardation. The entire staff was understanding, loving, and invested in the well being of patients.
Great work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 9, 2018
I think kaleidoscopes helped me in life because it gave me the experience not only to work as a team but as a individual as well. Kaleidoscopes was one of the best jobs I e ever had and I’d work there again, but I see more potential in myself to do greater things in life.
Pros
Free lunch, communication skills, open opportunity
Cons
Not enough pay
Hard work but enjoyable for participants
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 3, 2018
I absolutely love working with the participants and you wont find a more fun atmosphere then when you work with them. However there is a constant pressure from management to do more than expected. There are no raises available unless you switch job titles.
Pros
Wonderful families and participants to work with
Cons
No pay raises
Culture is kind. Management struggles with direction and communication.
Marketing and Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 31, 2018
A caring culture among employees that harbor a wealth of talent. Management struggled with direction for company during possible growth opportunities and fails to communicate with employees.
Teaching disabled residents to become as independent as possible
Independence Contractor - Case Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilladelphiaOctober 30, 2018
Stressful at times but rewarding. Interacting with various cultures helped me to be a better case-manager and more knowledgeable in the field. My job consisted of me going to a clients house, meeting their parents or caregiver, accessing a clients ability to perform everyday skills. Assisting the clients at their place of work to improve in skills needed to do the job. Another one of my duties was to teach a client how to travel independently on public transportation.
Pros
working in the community with adult and disabled children.
Cons
I traveled to all over Philadelphia and surrounding areas to service clients
They have fair hiring practices.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2018
They are fair in hiring. They do not discriminate in their hiring. They give people a chance to get a job with their company. People do not have to have a degree to work at Kaleidoscope.
It was overall a nice place.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 21, 2018
I loved working there, everyone was so nice. The work environment was fun, and we often played music to keep time passing. There was however a lot of drama and miscommunication.
Very stressful
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Rogers OHJuly 15, 2018
Very stressful no raises, no time off. Supervisors, not willing to help out, or let you do your job. No advancmet if you are not a "favorite". Always calling for you to work with no help.
Pros
Co_workerd
Cons
Long days, no acation pay, stressful
Kaleidoscope would be an excellent place to work if you're in highschool
Server (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 27, 2018
Working at Kaleidoscope was very fast paced. I spent 6 months there as a busser. When I was hired on they promised me a serving position but I wasn't given a serving position until I had been there for about 9 months and even then they gave me about 1 serving shift a week. The job was okay and I loved my co-workers but I did not make enough money to support myself
Pros
Discount on food, great co-workers
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours
Great Entry level or "mean time" organization!
Foster Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
When I first started with the organization the atmosphere was very flexible and open, fun and collaborative. With recent changes in management there is micromanaging, no support to case specialists, and all around uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Many employee events and benefits
Cons
short breaks, minimum support, Micro-managing
great experience.
Child Welfare Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2018
low pay. learned a lot about the legal system. most difficult part of job is the city travel and lack of salary increases. team mentality within the work community definitely a plus.
Pros
team work
Cons
lack of pay
This was a very fun and relaxed job. We were able to do fun things with the clients while taking care of them.
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Masury, OHJune 17, 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed the job. It was entertaining and very chill. I did get a lot of hours there which was nice. However, it was hard to work so many midnight shifts.
Kaleidoscope is pretty great
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 18, 2018
I absolutely loved The job at kaleidoscope but I had personal experiences with my specific school that makes me second-guess working there. I love the kids it’s most definitely not the kids
n/a
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Union, IAApril 3, 2018
if you love kids its a good place. fun to work there. good for a walking distance job. needs better pay. help teach kids how to color learn there shapes and the abcs.
Don’t work here
Disability Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rogers, OHApril 2, 2018
Unorganized, not enough pay for what’s required.
Just A bad work environment with violent clients. Managers suck and don’t know what they are doing. Everything Is always changing messing the routines up.
Pros
Non
Cons
Horrible company
Amazing job
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I absolutely love Kaleidoscope and working here. It's my passion and heart project. I am part of the management, and we seek to exemplify positive leadership every day and in many ways. The most enjoyable part of the job is the programming and the steep learning curve. The hardest part of the job is learning outside of my areas of expertise and the responsibility that comes along with that.
Pros
team, schedule, programming
Cons
small budget, startup
Fast paced and continuous learning
Lookout Mountain Community Services (Current Employee) –  Chickamauga, GASeptember 17, 2017
I am in a state management position which constantly consisted of continuous learning and challenges. I work within the Developmental Disabilities populations which includes individuals in a Host home setting and day centers. Everyday consisted of problem solving within the host home and day centers, managing challenging behaviors with replacement behaviors, and providing supervision and oversight to supervisors and day program staff. Workplace culture included team work. The hardest part of my job is managing challenges which results in the lack of training and consistency.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Lack of Training and inconsistency
Small and unorganized
Design Implementation Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2017
A typical day involves coming in, going through emails and prioritizing what needs to be done. This role is very robotic with no room for error. There is back and forth between yourself and client on unclear direction/feedback which occurs more than it should.

I've learned how to control my patience a lot better more than anything. I've further expanded my knowledge of the pre-press/print production process.

Management is strict but empathic.

After working onsite & offsite, there is a non-existent job culture.

The hardest part of the job is interacting with the client.

The most enjoyable part of the job is it's offices/location and the coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
No benefits, career advancement, motivational incentive.
Fun workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with children and there parents it was fun caring environment everyone liked there jobs easy to work with team work was awesome. The kids love u and you get great joy ..