Kalos Health Employee Reviews

Fast Paced and Challenging
MSR (Current Employee) –  Niagara FallsJuly 9, 2018
I like working here and I like my job for the most part. There are challenges but it is a start-up. Management keeps us infromed which I like - I don't always like what they have to say, but they don't sugar coat which I appreciate. I enjoy taking care of the members in our plan. I like most of the nurses I support - although some look down on support staff and are not always nice. Sometimes we get treated like we are stupid by some. One of my Care Managers says thank you all the time, the other never has a nice word to say. I think it is hard because the company is launching a second product line and it is a lot of work.
Pros
Free Lunches on Fridays in the summer, good benefits - Medical, Pto, nice office setting
Cons
Lots of Changes - can be stressful
The worst
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 27, 2018
The management is the source of all problems. Turnover rate is insane. I’ve never seen anything like it before. In June they had a mass lay off and now they are hiring. They micro-manage and there is zero work/life balance. Required on call with insignificant pay. The one and only positive is the below management employees, they are what will keep you going. Aside from that, the place is a complete nightmare. Your job is anything but secure. RUN
Cons
Poor management, poor training, long hours
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara County, NYJune 27, 2018
Uptight management, micro managers, lack of follow up training, OT is demanded, stressful office environment, heavy work load with little pay, lack of team support, lack of job security, recent lay off of nurses which lead to a double & triple case load, continuous revolving door, no mentor support, lacking in staff appreciation***
Pros
Free health care with high deductible
Cons
Revolving door and no job security
Collaborative and fast paced environment.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 18, 2018
Management very approachable with issues and questions. Start up lines of business lead to evolving concepts of approaching changes within the organization. Very generous benefits package and flexibility in scheduling.
Unreliable employer
RN Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 27, 2018
Poor management! Admitted budget issues. They laid off 20 employees on 5/25/18 including high seniority nurses. They are refusing to call back nurses that were laid off. Management only cares about money and not their employees, regardless of how long they have been there. This is not a reliable employer.
Cons
poor management, poor benefits, mandatory overtime
Relaxed/family oriented management
Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 27, 2018
I've been with Kalos for 2 1/2 years now. I earn 22 days of PTO, i do not pay for my health insurance and management is very accommodating and understanding. We are a newer company growing very fast which warranted some hiccups at first but I love that I've been part of Kalos since the start and have seen us come a long way. We have built a great stable structure over the last few years and I love the people I work with. I receive a very reasonable paycheck for what I do here as well.
Hands down worst decision ever made
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 27, 2018
I have been a nurse for a decade. Always clinical I decided to take a chance in a different area of nursing. The pay was enticing and the promises were endless. If I knew back then what I know now I would’ve ran while I could. The poorest management I’ve ever experienced. Heavy case loads of 80+ patients, 50+ hour weeks just to attempt at keeping up, no direction. You are trained and thrown to the wolves. They literally lied directly to our faces about everything walking in. The FURTHEST thing from a family centered company ! The pay is NOT worth the terrible lifestyle this job is. They just did a MAJOR Layoff last month but are rehiring now ?! UNSTABLE is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I’m SO GLAD I got out when I did !!
Cons
Every single thing about this job is awful!
Very stressful place to work. No job security. Huge turn over
Care manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NY 14304June 6, 2018
Very uptight, huge turn over rate. Required many unpaid hours of work outside of normal workday. Management is not honest with staff regarding future at the company.
Pros
competitive wage
Cons
many long nights and weekends worked to get required paperwork in
Staff was very enjoyable to work with management poor
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 15, 2018
Staff was very enjoyable to work with and support. Management provided very little direction on where the job was going or what to do. Self created tasks and supporting the staff in everyday activities became my primary role with the company. Worked with all facets of the company including enrollment, claims adjudication, finance, clinical and provider network departments.