Kaman Aerospace

Kaman Aerospace Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Good Place to work, lots of programs, and more contracts being secured. Fast paced environment, day goes by quickly.

Very team oriented, and employees are treated well.
Run
Not a good.place to work. The old timers dont welcome the new. They believe we are there to take their jobs so they give you bits and pieces so you never meet that end. Incredibly incompetent, disrespectful, demeaning management that dont know their jobs and try to make you look small.
Positivity, respect is not one of their strong atributes. RUN!
Not much training, nor guidance
They hired me at the end of the year. There was a big push to get year-end products out. Many problems arose.... questionable fixes were applied as asked by me and another gentleman.

We reached the goals.... shut down for two weeks. On my return, I worked 3 days and was let go.... the reason was they were cutting back. They are constantly advertising for new level II techs... quick turnaround.

Middle management is out for their own jobs... not knowlegeable or helpful at all.
Pros
Not difficult work
Cons
No guidance... no help
Poor Management. Most will lie while looking you in the eye
Don’t trust the Management. If you want to be unappreciated & work for liars this place is for you.
The Supervisors don’t trust the Managers and Managers don’t trust the Director of Manufacturing.
Good place to work great people a lot of opertunites loves going there daily learned a lot of new things people are very helpful and eager to teach great place
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
management over works employees
poor work environment and constantly watching over and changing task constantly. management can not make up their mind. the benefits are good here but that is all
Poor Management, Back-Stabbing
people more interested in getting over on you than helping you. management and training was a joke. Got stabbed in the back a lot. I got my production every day when most department's didn't and still got bum deal.
Pros
Good Pay.
Cons
Too many to list.
Relaxed and friendly, inspiring one to give their best.
Kaman Aerospace is a delightful place to work. Management has created a culture of team work that flows over into the work place. This helps the work to flow smoothly and the day to pass quickly.
Pros
Every one is willing to lend a hand as well as pass along needed information
Cons
Sorry! I don't know of one.
Not a very nice place to work.
It would be a great place to work if they change management. Some employees have been working here a long time and don't want to change with the times. Also management does not want to up grade inspecting equipment.6
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Health care could be better
Sinking ship in Jax
Poor management, upper lever managment replaced continously. Corporate in their "infinite wisdom", decided to open a plant in Mexico and "farmed out" 70% of the work to inexperienced workers being paid rediculously low salaries. The resulting layoffs terminated experienced employees with years of loyal service. The Jacksonville plants were once a good place to work with decent moral. That combined with loss of many contracts turned the place from a booming enterprise to a virtual ghost town.
A well respected aerospace company
Kaman is a respected aerospace company. The company offers opportunities to learn new skills and is very quality focused. The company seems to be continuing to grow.
Horrible Management
The standards for Management is surprisingly low, clear case of; It's not what you know, it's who you know. There is no such thing as fair treatment in some of the departments, some are allowed to hold positions with no education and others with no experience.
Pros
Cons
Poor management and lack of respect for employees
High tension and pressure to ship monthly
Poor company to work for
Too many meetings and lack of direction.

Lack of up to date equipment.

Keep old inventory too long.

Lack of good inventory control.
Great Place to work!
I started at Kaman as an intern and I transitioned to a part time employee when school began. They were very supportive during my internship, and continued to support me as I continued as a part time employee. I learned a lot about the manufacture of fuzes, and what it takes to be a supplier of high end military goods. I had a great supervisor, and I would recommend working here to anyone that is interested
Pros
Room to grow, lots of support
They did not like me
I came everyday excited to work and learn how to perform my duties better. My coworkers not so much. They hated being there and hated me for asking questions and my good mood.
Labor to payroll reconciliations
Run reports through the database system and upload into excel to make sure payroll matches data input. working directly with payroll if there are any discrepencies, Worked holidays or from home to make sure employees were paid for the week. Run reports in the data system to back up current information,
Working at Kaman Aerospace
I worked for Kamatics which was the specialty bearing/components divisions. Overall it was an excellent place to work. Our customers were everyone in the Aerospace industry and it was our job to give them that confidence to contract with us.

Kamatics was a very forward thinking company who cared greatly about their employees.
Pros
Reduced Lunches, Clean working environment
Cons
Would could be somewhat repetitive at times.
productive
i like my job, i would like to be able to grow but im being held back, so i am looking, i have learned alot and can take my skills somewhere and shine
tech
bad team leader and ethics, workers are working in a sweat box trying to make rate. All they care about is the amount you put out not how hard you are trying. Management doesn't care about they're employees. Raises are not enough to cover the increase in living.
Pros
benifits
Cons
bad team leaders
Not a place to work.
Worst place to work !!!
Use to be a great company to work at till the new president came in. Management is a joke it's all about the numbers. It's a very hostile environment because team leaders have put employees against employees. No one trusts anyone. Cell supervisor lies and lies.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
Everything else
Poor company
this was a very poor company to work for. They no longer offer pay incentives, bonuses and raises. There was no more retirement incentive and they were getting rid of the medical benefits.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, long days, lack of benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaman Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8