Kamehameha Schools Employee Reviews

A challenging school with great expectations
Middle School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 27, 2018
Kamehameha is a school with very deep pockets and everyone seems to be overly cautious about protecting their assets. They can be stifling at times and very unforgiving in their rules and regulations, yet can be very generous in their material support of their programs. Hawaiian language is expected and taught.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overbearing HR Dept.
good company to work for
Summer School High School Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keaau, HIMay 31, 2018
if you can find a good fit. great place to work. great benefits, you have opportunities to grow and be a part of the culture while working on campus and outreach opportunities.
Was Fun
Alaka'i (Former Employee) –  Kalihi, HIApril 28, 2018
Had lots of fun, learned new things, and the people were very enjoyable. The best part of the job was meeting new people. Since everyone was so diverse, it was cool seeing things from different points of views.
Pros
good company
Cons
stressful
Ohana
General Ledger Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 27, 2018
Kamehameha Schools gave a sense of ohana. My direct manager was not good with people skills. Difficult to know or learn what needed to be done. Many good people
Provide safe after school care for 3-4 year olds
Extended Day Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kailua-kona, HawaiiMarch 9, 2018
Provide a smooth transition between morning classes and after school program. Work with parents and families as needed to provide feedback about their child's day at preschool.
Pros
working with preschool age children
Cons
short hours and no payed time between school years
competitive work enviroment
Cook 3 On-Call (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 9, 2018
nice kitchen, but very competitive. very good working staff, very hard workers. A lot of classes to participate in to further your knowledge of cooking.
Over all ok place to work.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 27, 2018
I Had a chance to learn more about the Hawaiian culture. I was invited to go to Hawaiian functions. I enjoyed watching the students integrate the Hawaiian culture and values in there daily school structure.
Pros
Good 401k
Cons
Low hourly wage
n/a
Kitchen Utility Full Time (Current Employee) –  Pukalani, HIDecember 19, 2017
n/a I choose not to partake of this review. The survey is requesting for a minimum of 150 words in which I choose not to provide my opinion upon it. This is something that should be optional.
Fun place to work, great staff
Attendance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my time here, really sad to leave. The staff and students were great to work with. The location of the school site and property was very beautiful, we had amazing ocean views from our office. It was a private self funded school.
Pros
Flexible with time off, great support with co workers.
Cons
Unable to take complete lunch, always busy
If you live in Hawaii, Kamehameha Schools is one of the best place to work.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HIOctober 13, 2017
It would be really difficult for me to leave my position at Kamehameha Schools. As staff, we are taken care of and valued by our institution. I am looking for another opportunity to move away due to personal reasons and family obligations.
Good work environment
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 30, 2017
It was amazing opportunity to work for the High school that I attended and the way they treated us as employees were both respectful and helpful. The teachers did a great job helping the students learn more or become interested in the STEM field, and for me personally, it was a very rewarding program to be a part of.
Good
Security Offi (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 16, 2017
Working at Kamehameha .Schools is a large campus and covers many facilities. You need to know the entire campus and how to respond quickly. Such as, every entrance/exits and where the alarms or emergencies are occurring. Must good report writing skills. Leg with the public, students and staff.
Every day is not routine, over 20 plus events and hundreds of people and vehicles come on campus.
Pros
Knowing you are providing a safe environment for students, staff and the public.
Cons
No cons
An amazing friendly organization
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2017
No matter who you are, the staff as well as the parents and alumni takes good care of the transportation drivers. Lots of hours to work with equal work given to all drivers. Loved working and meeting students who I built long friendships with as well as their parents.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking
Cons
non
Summer School Aid
Student Aid (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 2, 2017
Everything was very organized. We had set plans throughout the day of what we were going to do. Staff was easy going and very fun to work with. Helped a lot that I was a student at Kamehameha.
Fun place to work over the summer
Night Enrichment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 5, 2017
I got to work with the children of Hawaii and teach them all about their Hawaiian culture. The work environment was great and all my co-workers got along well.
Very productive, and streeful enviroment.
Cook 3 On Call (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 13, 2017
Very nice facility, very big kitchen, state of the art equipment, very big staff....and always very busy. But it was always centered around one thing ...the students of Kamehameha and the Legacy of Bernice Pauahi Bishop.
Pros
Free lunch, preview to all foodservice functions outside of work.
Cons
Long work hours.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2017
Working with kids always brings some type of satisfaction. I loved learning the culture and also sharing it with others. Coworkers and Administrators were fun to work with.
excellence
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 1, 2016
the organization is one of excellence, they departments all work in unison for the sole purpose to fulfill the mission of Kamehameha Schools.
Great people
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 4, 2016
Great to work with, Understanding good work environment. Sub contract occamsec out of NY Cyber security. Worked under other poeple as a team covering weekly Dashboards.
Love this job!
Financial Aid Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 22, 2016
The work is so rewarding! It's an amazing feeling to know that I am providing education for children and that we are able to help families in need.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Management needs some improvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kamehameha Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Kamehameha Schools Reviews by Location