Kankakee Community College Employee Reviews

very stressful cause of management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 16, 2018
management not very good with there employees,a day at KCC is really stressful cause of management all my co workers we got along just management was terrible
Collaborative, collegial work environment, as is typical of a dynamic and effective college.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 30, 2017
By and large, a favorable work environment, with faculty encouraged to be original and creative, and able to design their own approaches and lesson plans, so as to maximize and to maintain the highest academic curriculum possible. The hardest part of this position was the tallying up of final grades within the time frames allotted for finals week.
Pros
Large autonomy afforded to faculty in managing class loads, etc.
Cons
Lack of upward mobility for instructors.
Great student job
TUTOR IN COMPUTER GRAPHIC TECHNOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 22, 2017
Flexible schedules to work around class times. Experience in your field of study AND you get paid! Fantastic students and faculty members to work with.
Student Employment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 20, 2017
For a student job the work demanded met the pay. It was good honest work. They worked around my classes and my manager was always easy to get in contact with if I had questions.
Great place
Associate Dean (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Never a typical day as you work with students that are navigating the system for their future. Good people to work with. Some week very busy with meetings.
Pros
Really good people to work with
Cons
declining enrollments
Kankakee community College
Student-Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 10, 2017
Kankakee Comunity College is a great public college with very good hands on teaching. Theyhave amazing teachers who are willing to help you learn and not leave you behind. Great school all around
Pros
the shop time or hands on i say
Great
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 18, 2017
hard working people, great job, love the environment ,management was always helpful their was nothing there that i found hard to do and the trainers was amazon and very helpful
Opportunities for college students.
Lab Assistant/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 16, 2017
Nice place to work for students needing to work no more than twenty hours a week. There are many different departments to choose from. The Microbiology lab is the best.
Was very pleasant working there. Management was great, co-workers were great. I was able to work in many various departments which gave me the skills
Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILApril 10, 2017
There was a massive lay off there because of state budget cut.
Unfortunate. was a very nice place to work. cant say anything negative about it.
I learned many different positions from receptionist to helping students enroll in classes but mostly for the most part worked with the HR department. I did various jobs in HR. My biggest challenge was to scan all employee files past and present and link to their personal file. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the job. The hours were great, Monday thru Friday and no weekends. I was even allowed to sometimes choose my own hours if there wasn't anything urgent that day.
Pros
The work and management
Cons
would have liked to have gone full time
Productive work place
Assistant Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 3, 2017
This was a great place to work at. Really great people who care and are nice. Very helpful and they got everything in on time such as getting checks out on time.
Loved It
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Just worked here as a student worker and loved it. Good experience for a student as an introduction to the office environment.
It's all in who you know
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 27, 2016
A lot of nepotism at this school. Administration is the main problem for terrible moral. Terrible pay. Two good thing about working there: health insurance, paid time off.

It's a boy's club, so ladies, be prepared to make less money and deal with inappropriate conversations.
Pros
Paid time off, health insurance
Cons
Boy's club, poor pay, terrible management, harassment
productive work place
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 20, 2016
go to my assigned area
clean 4-6 bathrooms
clean 5-10 class
vacuum 2 hall ways
sweep and mop two flights of stairs
empty all recycling bends and garbage disposal
Pros
keep you busy
Cons
not enough pay
Great place to work, but I need full-time work
Acquisitions Technician (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILOctober 24, 2016
I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. I have been fortunate to attend many classes pertaining to my job and have learned so much in the 19 months I have been with KCC. I am at a point in my life where full-time would be preferred.
Love the children
Teacher/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 26, 2015
I enjoy working with children. This center was a small center and it felt like we were all family. Enjoyed everyone until the college decided to close the center.
Good Place to Work at One Point, Undergoing Some Changes However
support staff (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 19, 2015
The position started out very well in the beginning of my time here. We had the reputation of being one of the best staffs for our department not only in the state but in the nation.

Comment – December 9, 2015

Unfortunately a new director came in and the department has been downhill ever since. We're no longer the best, just very average.
My overall experience is 3 stars but I would break it down as 5 stars during the time I was here initially (first half) and only 2 stars for the second half.

like working here
Director of Child Development Center (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 13, 2015
enjoy working with all the people here
like working conditions
like the hours
enjoyable environment
enjoy working with my co-workers
Productive clean working space
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Kankakee ILSeptember 19, 2015
Helped the Custodians clean the classrooms and hallways at the college. Boss was negotiable about schedules for certain reasons.
Productive facility with limited programs
GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILAugust 6, 2015
There are many friendly faces in the facility but not many want to see you excel if you are not Caucasian or male. Many times you want to deny the feeling of sexism and masculine pigs but here you will find them prevalent in all areas of the campus.
Good place to work and develop
Tech Aide I (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 22, 2015
The main goal of this establishment is the education of the students. Everything that we do in our daily jobs is with this kept in mind.

The management is great here. They make this place feel as though it's a second home. They treat all employees as equals and as people.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Very little room for advancement