Kansas Children's Service League Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The well being of children is their first and utmost concern
East Region Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 17, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Work can be overwhelming but again, they encourage opportunities for rejuvenation and self-care. Management is supportive. Some work in office but much more out in the community.
Pros
They care deeply about children and families. do promote from within, encourage continuing education and training.
Cons
The only concern I have, and it relates to me personally, is that many of their programs are based upon grants and therefore can end abruptly.
Excellent Company
JIAC - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 21, 2017
This was a great starting job and a great look into the non-profit sector of the job world. Caring staff that believe in the mission of the organization and what they do every day
Excellent place to work
Adoption Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 17, 2017
Great management team. Excellent training and educational opportunities. Good community partners. Traveled throughout country. Good staff support. Excellent Board of Directors that were involved with agency success.
Pros
work environment
Cons
lot of driving
Best staff and management at KCSL Wichita
Family Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 11, 2017
Working for KCSL's Healthy Families of Sedgwick County has been the most positive and rewarding position. Continuous support from management and peers from all departments within the organization. They say do something you love, and you will never "work" a day in your life. At the Custer Office, in Wichita, this is absolutely true! The supervisor of our program is beyond amazing and compassionate. Being able to work with families, at risk for poverty and/or abuse, by education, locating resources, providing occasional transportation, and allowing social interaction to help alleviate stressors is the most fulfilling career. The company dynamic is very fluid, and I am able to ask anyone for suggestions from the front desk to the directors. Accrued PTO, benefits, etc are great, as well.
Pros
Extremely supportive staff and management; training opportunities
Cons
Slightly stressful due to completing administrative task
Advocating for families and strengthing child develoopment.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 18, 2017
Busy, competitive can be fast paced. Rewarding with clients and their achievements. Advocating for clients and families for achievement and to meet goals.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Can be stressful
Dysfunctional
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 15, 2017
One of the worst stewards of charitable donations I've ever witnessed. Chronic absenteeism among supervisors. Very unhealthy work environment and wages are embarrassingly low.
Pros
Flexibility in attendance
Cons
Very low pay, low job stability, poor supervision and support was almost nonexistent
Positive and uplifting organization
Parent Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 23, 2017
During my time at KCSL I was able to attend trainings that will help me advance. I enjoyed everyone I worked with and learned alot from everyone there.
A learning experience
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 24, 2015
Agency was full of energy. Leadership was available to it's employees.
Was able to use my advanced abilities to become a lead fundraiser.
Pros
Variety in job sets
Cons
discrimination practices
Energetic staff
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSApril 23, 2014
One of the best places I have worked! Great supervisory staff. Great mission and values were clear to the goals of the company. Best supervisor I have ever worked with in PHP program
Pros
Great staff and work environment
Cons
Part Time
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, KSMarch 13, 2013
I've worked for this company for 6+ years. It is a fabulous place to work. My supervisor is very understanding if I need to take time off to care for a sick child, attend a funeral, or just need a vacation. The benefits are good especially for a non-profit. The management members of the particular program I work for are always available to answer questions or listen if you need to vent. The CEO knows most of the staff by name! Great place to work!
hardworking place
Head Start Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  kansas, kansasNovember 26, 2012
its an ok place to be. I enjoyed teaching the children as much as I could. Sometimes we were short handed and it got hard to get things done with only one person trying to do everything and no help.
Pros
the children brighten up your day!
Cons
you get overworked, sometimes you end up working late, taking work to your home even on weekends, stressefull especially if we are short staffed
Answered Phones, filing, etc.
Administrative Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 27, 2012
Came in took complaints from child care facilites
Learned not to put my child in daycare
Management again was poor
Cons
screaming supervisor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kansas Children's Service League. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight