Kansas City CARE Clinic Employee Reviews

A day kccc
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 9, 2018
I love my job and what I do. I would like to be able to advance in my role but that is not possible. We are a very busy clinic and provides great health care to the public with or with/out insurance. Most patients are very thankful for our services so its nice to hear Thank You all day.
Pros
Treat everyone the same
Cons
Close to home
Good and Touch work, very busy
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2017
Kansas city Care clinical is located close to downtown kansas city.
This clinic provides free medical services for the uninsured and needy.
I started out there as a registrar keeping records for the patients, eventually I switched my position to physician assistant. My responsibilities included calling in patients, taking basic measurements (Ex: weight, height, age), prepping the room before patient arrives inside the room, giving patients optional HIV testing.
Productive place to work
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2017
Excellent place to get healthcare for individuals with and without health insurance.
The workplace culture is awesome they hire all types of individuals'
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help someone that did not know they could get healthcare without insurance and only have to pay a very small fee.
Pros
helps the community
Cons
Little room for advancement
Diversity of people
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2017
I loved working there with all the HIV patients.. They loved me as they wanted only me to draw their blood. I learned a lot working at this clinic. I'm thankful that I had a chance to work there.
Pros
Drawing blood
Cons
Some of the coworkers were hard to work with
Dedicated Not For Profit Clinic
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 8, 2015
The Kansas City Care Clinic is a one stop shop for health managment. Low income and the un-insured/under-insured can rest assured that their medical needs will be met with the dedicated team at the Kansas City Care Clinic. One of Kansas City's premier providers in HIV treatment and education. Providing everything from case managment to community health workers, the Kansas City Care Clinic is deafinately a gem in todays medical field.
Productive and professional workplace
Student Externship (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2015
A typical day at there is rooming patients and getting their vitals.
I learned how to look up a patient and look in their charts, different urine testing, different ways to draw blood. I learned many thing here.
The management here s really great, she's nice but she's also firm. My co-workers are very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job is learning all of the computer stuff I sometimes get confused and need a little more help. The most enjoyable part of the job Is just me knowing that I am helping people get better, the patients here are wonderful.
Pros
positive envionment
Cons
short lunch breaks, big gaps in between each clinic
A workplace full people that share a passion for keeping our community healthy.
Ryan White HIV Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2013
"Creating solutions for a healthy community." This is the vision statement of the clinic and the staff and volunteers make this happen every day. The Kansas City CARE clinic strives to meet the needs of our clients and the ever changing needs of our community. There are several departments located at the clinic so it is a great place to have co-located care.