Kansas City Kansas Community College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive Workplace
Umpire (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 16, 2018
Umpiring all games throughout each day of the week and weekend, showcases and tournaments. Working behind the plate and in the field. The culture was great and fun to be around.
Great students and employees
Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 24, 2018
Very enjoyable working with students. Casual workplace. The management has been in flux, The organization is trying to improve current culture. Employees friendly.
Pros
Vacation and time off
Cons
Unstable management, cost of medical insurance
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed teaching the adult students and learned a lot from them. Students were able to easily have access teachers due to smaller classes. Enjoyable experience.
The best community college in Kansas
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 23, 2018
Dedicated faculty working under great financial distress does not deter their passion for teaching. They lead by example which encourages their students to excel.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 9, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere, daily incoming calls, making copies. Some filing and date entry. Asked to assist other individuals for things to do. Learned new materials for this department.
Cons
Attempting to stay busy.
Excellent job while I was there
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 4, 2018
I started the position and was given more credit hours to work than I expected, a pleasant surprise. Only problem I had was there was no tenure path or benefits
Disgusted
Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 29, 2017
The days were long and useless.

That I can handle stress

Management was ineffective

Work place culture was okay

The hardest part was dealing with management
love teaching the children
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 20, 2017
typical day of work includes working with the children and well as the parents. Planning out meals, activities and various teaching methods to ready the children for kindergarten.
Pros
love teaching children
Good Pay, Self Centered People
Supervisor of Student Housing (Current Employee) –  KansasJune 4, 2017
Pay kept me at this job as long as I was there. My immediate supervisor was fantastic, but anyone else that I worked with was not welcoming and thought of me and my position as something not needed to better the community for our service population.
Great work enviroment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work includes interacting with students and peers. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching students learn and thrive. The hardest part of the job is when student's don't due the work and you must share with them that they will not pass the class. The workplace culture is uplifting, relaxed and pleasant.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
awesome community
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 24, 2017
Change is the current culture.Kansas State budget crisis impacted the colleges ability to provide many resources. 2016 fiscal deficit resulting in return essentially half of the budget. I loved serving KCKCC
Head above water
Director of Bookstore Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 28, 2017
My review of this company should not be required in order to look for jobs and that is my final answer. So, please take this review as my review of your requirement.
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 25, 2017
The people are great to with. There is flexibility in work schedule. I enjoy helping the students. I enjoy helping the instructors. You get an amble amount of vacation, personal, merit, and sick leave. Along with the breaks that the students are out of on breaks and all the holidays which are more than the average work place because the college closes for all federal holidays along with the normal holidays. Holidays such as MLK Day and Presidents Day.
Hostile and unprofessional
Adult Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 25, 2016
I worked at KCKCC for several months. My boss was hostile and harassed me constantly. This person insulted my intelligence and humiliated me in front of my coworkers. I reported these incidents to the supervisor with no results. I was not allowed to perform the job I was hired to do and instead assigned irrelevant tasks to complete. KCKCC lacks structure and leadership.
Pros
Excellent hours
Cons
Management, benefits
An well serving institution providing promise and opportunity to its service area.
Admin. Asst. to Division Dean (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 12, 2016
My present position presents many challenges on a moment by moment basis with new responsibilities and projects every day. Any task from processing personnel leave forms to composing meeting minutes are among the smaller tasks. The responsibilities vary from serving on implementation teams for new programs and processes to assisting instructors, students, co-workers and the Dean of the Division with any requests, projects and routine work beside my own regular duties. The most gratifying and enjoyable part of the job is seeing satisfaction in response to my assistance, and helping others, especially students, meet their objectives with any help I can give. The most difficult part of the job is the challenge of executing my job when there is lack of clear communication or lack of any communication necessary to complete certain projects or meet expectations.
Pros
Some pros would be benefits in the way of leave time and interaction with some truly well meaning, hard-working people.
Cons
Cons would be the dwindling human respect, and lack of appreciation of anyone below the administrative leadership, fostering an increasingly oppressive workplace for many dedicated staff.
Verification Coordinator - Student Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 14, 2016
Great place to work, they really care about staff, teachers and the kids. Salary was good also. I was part-time, so I had no benefits.
Pros
fun place to wrok
Fun and professional environment
Volleyball assistant and Athletic Apparel Retail (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 11, 2016
A normal day at work was full of great experiences in a fun, yet professional, environment. I learned a lot about organization and how to work well under pressure. Management was amazing and made us feel like a family. My co-workers were great and became great friends. Great experience with KCKCC.
I really enjoyed this job
Individual Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 1, 2015
They are very goal oriented and you have to know what you are doing. I loved helping tutor fellow students and to know that I was helping change their lives and mindsets. although monetarily it did not make me happy, knowing that I helped someone was more than I could ask for.
Pros
the smiles and high fives
Cons
the pay
College Work Study
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 10, 2015
This was only work study job during college. Not meant to be long term.
A Learning Experience
Secretary/Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 5, 2014
I began as a part-time summer worker entering jobs into a database and posting flyers on bulletin boards. Days could be a bit boring at times, but I knew if I stuck it out, I could learn a few things. When the secretary had surgery and was gone for 5 weeks, I came on full-time and began taking on some of her job characteristics.

I was asked to come back during the school year (I'm a full time student) and work as a work-study student. I still entered jobs into the database and posted flyers, but I started getting more responsibility. My supervisor realized with my years of work experience, she could ask me to do more and did.

The secretary retired in May, so I am back this summer, but in her position, working full time, and getting ready to help transition the office to another department when my supervisor retires.

I am hoping to stay on with that department while I finish my last two semesters in college as an intern.

My supervisors are wonderful ladies to work with and have learned a lot from both. The people that come in our office vary from students to community members looking for resume help, or to work on the computers, or just someone to talk to. And that's what I'm here for.

The hardest part of this job is the boredom. But I find things to do and have plenty of time while in class to work on my homework. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with and the ones that come in to see me every day. I feel respected and wanted here and that has become very important.
Pros
freedom, responsibility, respect, friendly atmosphere
Cons
boredom, 10 hour days in the summer - but off on Friday