Kansas City Royals Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Good opportunity
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2018
Opportunity of a lifetime. If you get the chance to play professional baseball, though it is difficult and without much pay, take it. You gain life experience and connections.
Competitive and cutthroat
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2018
8-10 hours a day at the field. travel in the middle of the night with bus rides up to 13 hours long and then would play the next day. Game day I would show up to the field early to get some extra work, then we had our team practice before the game, then it was game time. Hardest part was being away from the family and not enough money to support a family in the future if I stayed where I was at. The success made it all worth it.
Great people in a tough industry
Arizona Baseball Operations (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 1, 2017
Professional sports, although glamorous in its appearance from the outside looking in, is a career path that doesn't leave much time for anything other than the job itself. The Royals have great management and leadership comparative to other teams in professional sports. Unless you want to dedicate your entire life to being underpaid and overworked, steer clear of professional sports.
Pros
Fun environment, interesting work, autonomy, housing
Cons
Poor wages, long hours, few days off
Fast pace, highly stressful but rewarding work.
Regional Scouting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 5, 2017
This is a very demanding job. The life style is fast paced and stressful. Must have the ability to travel 130+ nights a year. You are available 24 hours a day. It is a unique job that takes a special person. I'm deciding to leave for a better work/life balance. I have 2 daughters and would like to spend more time with them before they leave for college.
Pros
The ability to make dreams happen
Cons
No time for a regular home life.
Very Fun Work Atmosphere
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 28, 2017
I absolutely loved this job! Great people to work for and with!
Treated employees fairly, kindly and with respect. Allowed to have fun and watch the day baseball games while at work on the clock!
Professional Organization
Professional Athlete (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2017
The Kansas City Royals are devoted to developing professional young athletes. The organization sets out to improve the skills and abilities of their athletes.
Enjoyable environment to work in
Parking Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2017
This is a job that hires high character people. The pay is good and increases every season. The management is not the most desirable in terms of their treatment of two particular staffing departments.
Pros
Good pay and hours; good people to work with and enjoyable environment
Cons
Management; Seasonal job
One of the worst jobs I ever had
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 8, 2017
I have been a huge baseball fan my entire life, so when I was hired by the Kansas City Royals it was a dream come true. However, once I started I realized the job was awful. First off is the pay. It is EMBARRASSING that they require a college degree and they pay you so low. Honestly, I made MORE money when I use to work at a fast food restaurant! Next is the ad for the job and when you first speak with management they say there is room for growth within the company, but there is not. Management just wants cheap labor and makes all inside sales reps think they have a shot at a full time position when they don't. None of my inside sales class was promoted at all. I am currently with another sports team and can't believe how bad working at the Royals was. I didn't even know it at the time how management was exploiting us. The positives are coworkers and being around the game. It is just from a business standpoint this job is terrible. Please get some better management in there! The craziest part was my inside sales class and I would talk all the time about how awful the job was and how broke and poor we were while we made the team thousands of dollars.
Pros
Cool factor in telling friends and family you work for a pro baseball team, your co employees are fine and some management
Cons
Almost everything, pay, some lying/egocentrical/incompetent management
Awesome work environment with fun people
Internship (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 16, 2017
I loved the opportunity of getting to work for a minor league baseball team. It was an unbelievable experience that taught me many things not only about business but also about myself. My day typically started with me making some phone calls to possible clients who would be interested in coming to watch a baseball game. Some days all I would do was cold call people but there were also days where we got out into the community to offer special deals on tickets, talk to companies about sponsorships, etc... The best days were when we had home games because we would do our normal work routines until a few hours before game time. As game time approached we would wind down on the phone calls and would prep for games by making sure that our ticket machines worked properly, make sure all orders were processed and then wait for people to show up for the main event! The management team was fantastic and the guys who were involved in management made everyone work but also made them enjoy coming to work by making it fun. The hardest part of the job was just learning how to do everything the way they wanted it done but once you learned that it was all pretty simple and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching folks enjoy the game and seeing how pleased they were with the work we had done to get them there.
Pros
Free baseball, awesome co-workers and awesome job experience
Cons
Sometimes days could be really long and we would have to be back really early.
Life changing
Pitcher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 25, 2016
A typical day Playing for The Royals is pretty straight forward. It requires 10, sometimes 12 hour days with practice and games included. But its all worth it. Never can you be tested so hard and so often as you are when your a pitcher (in my opinion). Its an experience of a lifetime.
Pros
Free meals, playing in front 10, 000+ people every night
Cons
living in hotels for many months at a time, being away from home
A fun work environment.
Traffic Director (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2016
The most important thing I learned from this job was patience with people. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the extreme temperatures in the summer. My co-workers are great people with even better hearts. All of my supervisors are great people.
Great experience and people
Minor League Video Scout (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 18, 2016
I just worked as a seasonal intern, but overall great organization. Management treats their employees very well with a good organizational culture.
Great way to work in professional sports
Game Crew (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 19, 2016
Love coordinating all the pregame festivities including National Anthem, ceremonial first pitch, and in game activities like the hot dog race.

Great place to work and watch a little baseball.
productive and a fun workplace
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
I keep the restrooms swept and clean , I pulled trash , I would help greet the customers, and i would help the elderly to there seats.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun Work Enviroment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
I have got a chance to meet many great people which made it a comfortable work environment. Everybody got along which made it easier to do my job.
This is a great summer job, love the atmosphere
Usher (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2014
I have worked for the royals going on nineteen seasons I love the people I work for, work with ,and the fans I know and the fans I meet I love helping people. I have been there along time I hold a good position I have a lot of experience. Plus I love baseball and the k:c. Royals
Pros
Great place to work, Feels like family
Cons
I dont have any
Fun part-time job
Parking Lot/Traffic Director (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2013
Great pay, energetic atmosphere, opportunity for advancement year to year, supervisors are firm but fair, and you can go inside and watch the games after your shift.
Fun atmosphere
Restroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2013
Good staff to work with. Good hours and you can watch a baseball game.