Kansas Medical Center Employee Reviews

summary
Emergency Department Nurse (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSMarch 6, 2018
Generally a great place to work. However, ER manager needs some coaching on how to be a better leader. The cafeteria has great food. I love wearing the color green.
Good work environment.
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSFebruary 12, 2018
Everyone good knowledge and professional in their work manner. More recently had more learning opportunities with new procedures and protocols. Hospital started to expand to new heights.
Pros
Friendly and competent staff
Cons
Health insurance coverage wasn't very good
Casual atmosphere with friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSNovember 24, 2017
Working at KMC was a good experience and a good opportunity for enhancing clinical skills. Patient loads were small and patient care needs were considered when distributing workloads during shifts.
Benefits and pay was excellent
RN (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 25, 2017
I learned a great deal through this experience for which I am truly grateful. For the right individual, I can see this as being an excellent work place.
Boutique hospital
Staff/Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSSeptember 30, 2017
Started in the hospital a few months after it was opened. The team of nurses on the MED surg unit was very strong with a lot of experience. The care that was provided was very proud of a nurse who was employed there. The unit was fast paced, but we supported each other. After the owner of the hospital hired a nurse who was two year nurse the moral fell. She had her favorite people otherwise she made ones life unbearable.
Pros
Pretty hospital big rooms; good food served patients and families
Cons
Poor management
I plan on working here for a very long time.
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 26, 2017
As a Human Resource professional I believe in supporting the employees of the company I work for. Kansas Medical Center is a great place to work and it feels good to be in the HR department. I have not dealt with one unpleasant employee. My manager has high expectations but at the same time respects and supports a work life balance. The benefits are incredible and the insurance is affordable.

I am very proud to work at KMC.
Pros
Great work culture, great benefits.
Great Culture
Eligibility and Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Business OfficeJune 28, 2017
I've worked for KMC for 6 years and truly love the people and atmosphere. We all wear many hats and the depending upon the position a lot is asked of you but the overall experience working for KMC is great.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Always something to do
Not a good place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSSeptember 9, 2016
I would never work here again. Find somewhere else to put your time in! Management was not there when I needed them. Very nice CEO and HR, but the dept where I worked was utter chaos.
Cons
Lack of management, poor on the job training
Great place to work!
Reception/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSJuly 5, 2016
The CEO of this company is amazing. He is so compassionate yet professional. He really cares about his employees. You will feel a sense of team work with your co-workers. You really feel like you are doing the world a difference while working here.
great nurses and learning alot
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSSeptember 15, 2015
I have a great manager and co-workers. You pretty much have to start on nights and it's hard to get to day shift. Benefits are good, no sure about health insurance because I do not have my health insurance through them. Nurses do total care and at times it can be challenging with up to 6 patients. Overall it's a good place to work.
Busy everyday, keeps me motivated
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSMay 22, 2015
Learned to effectively multitask, stay busy, work under pressure, hardest part of my job is patients family coming in after a death, my co-workers are very friendly, management is understanding and flexible with schedules.
Pros
constantly busy, positvie enviornment
Cons
Not enough hours, too far away
Fun place to work
Medical/Surgical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSApril 25, 2015
A typical day was not knowing what was coming through the door next in ER. I love learning all aspects of the ER and MedSurg. My co workers were the best. The hardest part of my job was seeing bad things happen to people.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Drive to work and not getting a bunch of time coding
Solid holistic environment
RN, Cardiac Cath Lab (Current Employee) –  Andover, KansasJanuary 13, 2015
Overall, KMC has been a very solid work environment with a strong, talented group of employees. GREAT TEAM SPIRIT and commaraderie among all staff. The changing health care environment, coupled with a very small hospital have made some of the recent changes relatively extreme in my department.

The best part of my job would probably be the extremely strong team-work mentality, coupled with very intelligent staff.

The worst part, at this time, would be the on-call schedule. I am currently taking call 50% of the time.
fun place, good work environment.
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KansasOctober 29, 2014
Fun place to work. Good work environment, Wonderful co-worker to work with. Great team players.
Pros
Free promotions, free lunch at monthly meetings
Cons
Busy place to work, regular lunch breaks
Kmc
RN- Telemetry Unit (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSJune 11, 2014
Kansas Medical Center has been an enjoyable place to work for the past five years. The knowledge I have obtained from my coworkers has been priceless. Although it is a small hospital, it is very fast paced and provides excellent care for the patients.
Absolutely wonderful place to work
PRN Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Andover, KSDecember 14, 2012
This is a hospital who's main emphasis is providing excellent patient care!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kansas Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Kansas Medical Center Reviews by Location