Kaplan Employee Reviews

Good at times
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2018
As a teacher, I had a great time educating my students, but as I kept getting promoted to Program director and then Assist. Director of education (which I move out of town for) only to have my job taken away and demoted to to school size.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
Nothing to say
Good place to work if given the right training
Student Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 16, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Co workers and very friendly and helpful. Was working a contract said that they would make several temps permanent but that never happened
Pros
free lunches by management
Cons
required degree for position but not temp work
Decent time with good colleagues.
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2018
Good Employees overall. Favoritism and cliques. You cannot grow if you are not a part of them no matter how talented you are.
You better make the goal to stay in your role!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Favoritism and cliques.
Laid back environment
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here because, everyone was friendly and the environment was welcoming and laid back. They were flexible with my scheduling, and I learned a lot by working there.
Great school for non traditional students
LIBRARIAN (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
The teachers and support staff are truly committed to changing lives through education. I have heard that some of the marketing and sales practices are aggressive, but I know the teachers are great!
Exiting place to work
Senior Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 4, 2018
Kaplan is an exiting place to work always striving to improve the higher education experience, employees are encouraged to be self motivated and grow in their own education and knowledge.
Productive and stressful
Career Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 2, 2018
It was very interesting. The work environment was stressful, did not know if you will have a guaranteed job the next day, Things were always changing. Don't get me wrong, change is good. But, change with no notice, is not comfortable.
okay job when I worked there
Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
I haven't worked there in years and most of the admissions policies have changed for the better so I expect that with those changes this has become a better place to work
Pros
great advisory position
Cons
hours
Kaplan MCAT Instructor and Tutor
MCAT Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2018
I work primarily as an in-person MCAT instructor and tutor for Kaplan. It is a great teaching experience to help the premed students to prepare for both the MCAT and medical school. Kaplan is a great company that trains us, the instructors, very well.
Do not have any
Student Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLApril 25, 2018
I do not have a review to write for this. I don't know why it is requiring me to write this when I am trying to apply for another job that has nothing to do with Kaplan.
Education
Technical Support Lead (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 25, 2018
We answer calls from students and solve their issue with coursework access and browser problems. We send password resets and online access emails and unlock accounts.
Enjoyed the job , didn’t enjoy management
Furniture Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCApril 25, 2018
Wasn’t so much a bad place . Management was not very well put together. Hours always changed . It was never a full 40 hours . I liked the fast pace job .
Pros
Holidays off
simple
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2018
File records, modify and improve filing system
Retrieve files as needed by school administration
Gather materials to be filed from different departments
Make copies as needed and distribute
Operate office machines
Good place to get a degree
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAApril 22, 2018
I went there to get my dental assistant certificate. I had some pretty good teachers. All the teachers kept in contact regarding grades, attendence and everything else
It was an educational sales position.
SENIOR ADMISSIONS ADVISOR/ REMOTELY FOR (3-YEARS) (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 22, 2018
I had to meet a quota every month and that was very demanding. However, the salary was very lucrative. I enrolled students into school that wanted to attend the college. I enjoyed working with the students, considering there was no room for professional growth.
Pros
Great annual salary
Cons
I had to meet a quota every month or my position would be terminated.
Horrible the location I worked at closed its doors both to faculty and students without warning
Medical Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 20, 2018
Came to work one day and found out that the program was closed students were upset trying to get refunds we were not warned that the doors were going to close we were laughed out of work Felt guilty because they required us to say talk to our students and fill out surveys to get them to have their friends come and apply at the school as well so we did the recruiter's drop job as instructors
Pros
Enjoyed class time and had wonderful students
Cons
Poor management inadequate reimbursement no job security
Great experience and loved the opportunity
Professor/ Criminal Justice - TESST College (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDApril 18, 2018
Great experience giving back to those seeking a degree in the Criminal Justice Field. However; a "for profit" organization works "for profit" and often times forgets the student and the instructor's needs.
Pros
Enjoyaboble j
Cons
"for profit" organization
Great company and product
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, NCApril 16, 2018
This company had an overall good atmosphere, but at the time I was there, there did not seem to be enough resources to get your job done effectively and efficiently. Busy season was hectic, but rather than work on customer orders that had already been waiting, they wanted you to keep on bringing more and more orders in, and it was a struggle to keep both going.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Low compensation, lack of resources
A professional adult learning environmennt
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 13, 2018
While the campus was open it had a wonderful blend of career choices for students who also benefitted from the general education programs that enhanced their career objectives.
Pros
Administration, staff, fellow teachers and calibre of students
Cons
Some class were terribly small in size for subjects requiring a better population balance
Great place
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2018
It is a great place to work, the management staff is great. It is a laid back atmosphere and my manager is great. I do not work weekends which is a plus and the hours are great.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.