Kaplan Employee Reviews

Found 1,436 reviews matching the search See all 1,483 reviews
Excellent place to work. Top-notch managers; all with open door policies, very diverse and collaborative atmosphere. Really enjoy working here.
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 7, 2018
I'm an extreme Gen Xer, which puts me at the far end of the age cohort here, but I'm never made to feel "old" (until I tell people my age, LOL). I find Kaplan to be the most collaborative and open-minded organization I've every worked in. Ours is a diverse group, probably skewing toward Millennials, but we run the whole gamut.

Most the managers here have moved up from lower rungs on the corporate ladder here and are always looking for fresh talent to develop. This is rare for organizations of this size. People always make time if you need something and I've NEVER seen anyone lose their cool in the office.

If you're looking for a place to grow and you have what we need, Kaplan is a great place to grow.
Pros
Lots of snacks, great people, upwardly mobile organization, work/life balance, team spirit, open communicaitons encouraged
Cons
Constant tempting job offers by nearby big pharm and startups to switch, sometimes distracting
Very flexible
Registrar Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Overall a great place to work. You are recognized for a job well done. It is somewhat competitive but there has to be competition to makes things interesting.
Lack of Support
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2018
After working there for 10 years it was unfortunate that they would let me go for missing one student to enroll at no fault of mine as to why student could not enroll on time. Therefore I did not get the support of my manager to avoid this. The skill set that I posed for over 10 years hasn't failed me its the managers who did.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No support
Good benefits for employees
staff and faculty (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2018
Kaplan took good care of their employees. Good benefits. Allowed to work with other projects to contribute to the success of the company. Input and ideas were encouraged
Production
Advisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2018
Mass enrollments for adults continuing their higher learning. Convincing adults they can balance work, family and schooling in attempt to get further ahead in life.
Sales oriented and cut throat
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COOctober 22, 2018
The focus of this position has more to do with sales than it does education. I learned that for-profit colleges are a scam and could not live with myself at the end of the day. These students were getting in debt for tens of thousands, only to graduate with minimum wage opportunities.
Rewarding Company to Grow with
Human Resource Business Partner (Former Employee) –  DCOctober 21, 2018
Loved every moment of working with Kaplan. Enjoyed seeing students grow and learn how to take standardized test. because of our partnerships we were able to help students in underserved communities have college opportunities.
Pros
Rewarding working with students and parents
Cons
Unfair pay
Excellant management
Full time Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 21, 2018
I felt as though I belonged and there was open communication all the time. However, there is a constant watch. The management was awesome and we all collaborated with one goal in mind
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
No policy changes
Room for improvement
3rd Party Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2018
A lot of potential and good benefits while it lasts. Unfortunately it shares a revolving door environment with most other Online schools like it and there is no real job security regardless of how well you perform.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Revolving door
Nice students
Medical Billing and Coding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 15, 2018
This was a part-time evening gig for me. It was low-paying, especially because they expected me to develop additional materials for the curriculum. Management was just kind of there.
Inconsiderate and dismissive
Student Success Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 15, 2018
Everything is fine if you don't get pregnant. They don't accommodate you well enough if you need doctor's appts. There is no private space to pump if you are a breasting feeding mom, except in the gym's changing room, which is one room.
excellent learning experience
AP/AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 13, 2018
Kaplan consulting was a wonderful experience. I worked on the accounts payable and receivable accounts. The staff was always helpful and positive. I would highly recommend it as a starting point.
swar
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
The conference that started as a gathering of the industry's best minds a decade ago has now grown into the biggest conference of the year in healthcare disruption. HEALTHCARE ЯEVOLUTION® will unleash the world's cutting edge innovation in healthcare, insurance, benefits, wellness, medical tourism, direct contracting, genomics, cryptocurrency & blockchain and more. The leaders in healthcare will be coming together to join the revolution. Will you be there?
Reasonable
Team Lead/QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2018
They had great benefits. I did have enough training to prepare me to do the best at my position. Our meetings kept us updated on any changes. Great work environment.
Kaplan
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 9, 2018
Sales driven environment, expect high turnovers and firing if goals or enrollment are not being met. Some people may enjoy it but its a call center environment. Just wasn't for me I needed more.
Test Proctor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 9, 2018
Kaplan is a previous employer. Kaplan is a good place to work and organized. They have flexible hours for tutors and instructors. The management team is good.
Perfect for part-time and self-directed
SAT, GRE, GMAT test preparation classroom teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
For some people, working for Kaplan might be a little weird. Everything is online except for in person classes and tutoring. But it works, especially for someone who is a self-starter. Kaplan has great training and management support. Everything revolves around teaching the Kaplan method and encouraging students. I taught in-person classes for SAT, ACT, GRE, and GMAT. At my peak workload, I taught four 3 hour classes a week and had about 5 online tutoring students. I was in control of how many classes and students I wished to teach. The hardest part of the job was essentially being completely alone except with interacting with students in face to face classes. All interaction within Kaplan is online. The best part of the job is having control of your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Everything online
Work life balance
Project Manager / Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2018
Kaplan hires contractors with the promise of full time conversion. The culture does not promote collaboration but instead an environment of everyone is on their own and fighting for survival
It all depends
Student Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 1, 2018
Whether you stay, quit, transfer departments, or whatever it all depends on where you are and where you want to be at the end of the day. The job isn't bad but I'm ready for something new.
Was a great place to teach at one time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 26, 2018
Great people to work with, had a lot of fun with students and their successes. My program was eventually reduced in size and thus became harder to sustain. Faculty got switched to Part-Time and thus forced the better instructors and managers to seek greener pastures.

The nature of the for profit education industry eventually took them out of the business and they sold it off to another company. Lots of changes after that.
Pros
great students and faculty.
Cons
class size reduction and job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kaplan.

Powered by Comparably