Kaplan Employee Reviews

Found 1,306 reviews matching the search See all 1,350 reviews
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Paid benefits including health, vision and dental. Paid time off.paid holidays. Great co workers, everyone worked as a team.
Kaplan Divisions are bought and sold
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
Kaplan Divsions are bought and sold and employees can be laid off without notice. The benefits are great, but the work can be stressful. Managers and directors come and go, and may pressure employees.
Great school to attend
Associate of Applied Science - Paralegal Studies (Former Employee) –  StudentJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed my studies at Kaplan. I would recommend Kaplan to anyone looking to extend their education online or on campus. Kaplan University prepared me for my career as Paralegal
Good place for competitive telemarketers
Admissions Advisor (Telemarketer) (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 14, 2018
Mostly outbound calls to qualify interested candidates for online education. Screening process on the phone to qualify candidates lasted 15-30 minutes, then to walk through the 23-step admission process took another 30-40 minutes. Lots of candidates should not be admitted, but pressure is on to enroll almost anyone and everyone. You are selling a dream.
Pros
Good management, good processes
Cons
Evening and weekend hours
Amqzing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 14, 2018
Great staff to work with and for. They were very helpful with teaching new hires how to sell and the manager was always there if I needed assistance with anything. Flexible hours also helped
overall job
Program Coordinator/ MOS Program (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 11, 2018
A typical work week was lesson planning for students in the Medical Administrative Assistant program. externship and job placement when students completed the program
Excellent place to work at.
Medical Office Specialist Program Director (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great place, until president left and new one promoted. That really made all kinds of changes. He was not pro employee but more pro money. He managed us as if we were collectors and needed to the students in class, each student generated income to the school. He was not concerned about their well being. He was horrible to work with. I was laid off due to not agreeing in changing my thought process from pro student to pro money (incoming).
Pros
Career development was good
Cons
President at that time and director of education were not good role models.
N/a
Site Coordinator/SAT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 10, 2018
Most jobs are remote and this allowed for flexible work schedules. The most enjoyable part about the job was working with students to help shape their future.
Kaplan
Allied Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 9, 2018
Kaplan is no more and for that I am grateful, they treated their employees terrible and never had our backs. They were more interested in quantity over quality. And when you are teaching students to take care of patients that is unexpectable.
fun workplace
Guidance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 8, 2018
family oriented.. great place to work
managers of the default dept respected his employees
ensure open line of communication remained open at all times,
Productive and fun
Senior Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2018
Good company great manager, fun, productive, bonuses, awards, trips, input from staff. Positive, they retain their employees. promotes within, trains, competitive, nice offices,
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks
well organized
Online Instructor (Former Employee) –  onlineJuly 4, 2018
Kaplan offered a very good training program for their online facilitators. Pay was adequate. Average teaching schedule was approximately 10 hours per week with ongoing support from colleagues serving as a mentor. The workplace culture was positive and then once I transitioned into school administration, it was a challenge to maintain a solid commitment as a new administrator.
Pros
flexible hours and support
Cons
offering of a variety of courses
Enroll the student always
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
Enrollment was the focus regardless of students needs and whether or not they were a good fit for Kaplan. Most of the admissions staff had Timeshare backgrounds. Goals had to be met with no compensation for exceeding goals except keeping your job.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
management and lack of communication and respect
Great experience
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2018
I loved my job and the majority of the employees. I loved working with students. The job was very fast paced, I didn't mind though. Managers were not always the best, happy good employees left quite frequently while they coddled employees who didn't need to be there. I seen a lot of employee turnaround there and it wasn't a good thing. It left us constantly short handed and existing employees wearing many hats and our students got short changed because of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job security
Challenging competitive job.
Military Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
This is a great place work if you don't let management get under your sin and lose focus of what you are doing. Must be independently driven to be successful.
It's a Sales Job
Undergraduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 26, 2018
You have to produce or you will be fired. Management only cares about enrolling "students." You will receive speeches how you are changing lives for the better but it's total B.S.

Their main clientele are adults who have little to no education. You have to persuade them to go into massive amounts of debt for their online education. At the time I worked there, their bachelors degree cost over 60k and an associates cost over 30k. The sad thing is most of the people you will speak with do not have the academic skills needed to write a coherent paragraph let alone complete a degree program. The only requirement is a high school diploma or a GED, they even dropped the academic skills tests needed for enrollment. Not only are you setting up these people for failure you are also putting them into massive amounts of debt.

The reality is that there is a massive amount of money that is offered for financial aid by the government and Kaplan is just trying to get as much of that pie as possible. It's predatory.
Pros
Cons
High Pressure Sales Job
Purchasing and Product Information were great!
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, NCJune 25, 2018
I only left Kaplan to join my husband in Virginia after the sale of our home in Winston-Salem NC. I believe I would still be there if my husband had not gone back to Charlottesville VA.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, My Teddy's Toyland was used to title a new website.
Cons
None!
I enjoyed working there
Team Leader-Academic Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 24, 2018
At Kaplan there is a lot of positive thing happening. One has to decide to make the best out of any situation, no where is perfect, building positive relationships is a plus.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Do not fall in the negative side.
Great workplace and friendly coworkers
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2018
This place is always full of energy and everyone is easy to get along with. If you have any problems or questions there is always someone there who will help you without question.
I loved being an instructor and watching the students learn and grow
Allied Healthcare Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 22, 2018
Instructing young adults to become medical assistants . I learned so much about others personalities learning abilities. Management was very difficult at times the work environment was stressful. The hardest part of the job was we never had working equipment and limited supplies for the students, and the students would blame the instructors !!!! I loved teaching and seeing students learning and getting jobs.
Pros
Enjoyed my time with the students
Cons
Never got breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss