Kaplan Employee Reviews

Found 1,490 reviews matching the search See all 1,561 reviews
It was a team environment but also working individually.
Employment Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 4, 2018
Receive a daily Excel document of your daily employment placements. Organize it and make sure the information is accurate. Update notes of possible skills that may need verified to ensure this is an acceptable placement.

Make the calls to graduates and employers for the verification of the graduates employment.

Learned to build a rapport with co-workers, graduates, and employers.

The workplace was relaxed but there was urgency of completing the work. We also had fun with team building games and meetings.

The hard part of the job was when you are unable to complete a verification after the first few attempts. The verification may take several weeks due to graduates and/ or employers not getting back to you to complete the verification because it requires follow up calls until verified.

The most enjoyable was helping the graduates get a good position to start them on their road to success. The company benefits were also great.
Fast paced, daily working with students to achieve their academic goals.
Supervisor, Student Finance (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CADecember 17, 2018
At Kaplan College our jobs were to meet daily with student to create financial plans that would assist student in meeting their academic goals. Also worked with Veterans to create financial plans utilizing their veterans benefits. I met with all outgoing graduates to complete their financial exit interviews in class room setting or one on one.
swar
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
The conference that started as a gathering of the industry's best minds a decade ago has now grown into the biggest conference of the year in healthcare disruption. HEALTHCARE ЯEVOLUTION® will unleash the world's cutting edge innovation in healthcare, insurance, benefits, wellness, medical tourism, direct contracting, genomics, cryptocurrency & blockchain and more. The leaders in healthcare will be coming together to join the revolution. Will you be there?
Kaplan is a what have you done for me lately type of company
Senior Graduate Admission Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Kaplan is metrics driving, it all about hitting your quota. and as far as advancement goes. It's about who you know than what you know and accomplished.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No real advancement opportunity
Decent Place To Work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 3, 2018
Worked there for almost 5 years. Lots of changes. Health benefits are great. Varied work schedules, work-life balance, great vacation package and sick days. Work can become redundant so if you have the ability to advance, take advantage.
Room for improvement
3rd Party Billing and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 21, 2018
A lot of potential and good benefits while it lasts. Unfortunately it shares a revolving door environment with most other Online schools like it and there is no real job security regardless of how well you perform.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Revolving door
Lack of Support
Associate Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2018
After working there for 10 years it was unfortunate that they would let me go for missing one student to enroll at no fault of mine as to why student could not enroll on time. Therefore I did not get the support of my manager to avoid this. The skill set that I posed for over 10 years hasn't failed me its the managers who did.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No support
Cut throat, Very Competitive, Expected to meet unrealistic goals every month
Student Loan Counselor (SLC) (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLMay 23, 2018
Everyone was always very friendly and helpful and location was nice. Loved helping students with their loans. In retrospect, management was very shady. If you did not meet your goal every month, after the third time, you would be terminated, no matter how long you have been with the organization. Very cut throat environment because management set high unrealistic goals to meet on a monthly basis. The managers also need more training on how to speak to their employees.
Pros
Good benefits, good working hours, help pay for education
Cons
Poor management skills, VERY stressful, don't appreciate their employees
Great experience
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2018
I loved my job and the majority of the employees. I loved working with students. The job was very fast paced, I didn't mind though. Managers were not always the best, happy good employees left quite frequently while they coddled employees who didn't need to be there. I seen a lot of employee turnaround there and it wasn't a good thing. It left us constantly short handed and existing employees wearing many hats and our students got short changed because of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job security
Good People, Bad Company Culture
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 23, 2018
I've been working at Kaplan for over 5 years now, and while it has afforded a lot in terms of being able to make a living off the salary, the tradeoffs from a mental standpoint are very high.
Pros
Moderate Salary, Benefits, Time off
Cons
Poor management, no growth potential, boiler room environment at times
Great employee job, awesome student programs
Instructor/Student Advisor, Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Great training, support, employee recognition. Student programs-top priority. Management was professional, nice and approachable. Good staff/faculty rapport. Over-all this was an awesome experience and a life-changing position.
Pros
great hours, good salary, free pizza.
Cons
some staff turnover, needed more hours.
Fun Coworkers, Constant Management Disruption
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 31, 2018
I've survived a lot of major transformations at Kaplan. Although I was secure, I've had to watch a lot of folks leave. I wouldn't recommend it as a great place to work for a new hire.
Pros
Remote / Flexible
Cons
Management Changes, Salary, Work Load, Work-Life Balance
Good benefits for employees
staff and faculty (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 29, 2018
Kaplan took good care of their employees. Good benefits. Allowed to work with other projects to contribute to the success of the company. Input and ideas were encouraged
flexible work schedule , good coworkers
Test scorer for exit exams for California (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 31, 2018
Flexible to fit a limited schedule and good coworkers communication to support each other during grading process. Supportive staff on goals and steps to improve.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
lack of benefits due to part itme status
Reasonable
Team Lead/QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 10, 2018
They had great benefits. I did have enough training to prepare me to do the best at my position. Our meetings kept us updated on any changes. Great work environment.
Enroll the student always
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
Enrollment was the focus regardless of students needs and whether or not they were a good fit for Kaplan. Most of the admissions staff had Timeshare backgrounds. Goals had to be met with no compensation for exceeding goals except keeping your job.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
management and lack of communication and respect
Productive and very fast pace
Sales driven environment (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 26, 2018
Good company to work for. Management often unprofessional and do not look out for their employees. Often feel like you have no one to speak to. Very good benefits.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Over worked
Kaplan University
Administrative Assistant,Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 12, 2018
The most enjoyable aspect of working at Kaplan was being surrounded by young people who are just starting to form their own career paths and watching them determine their mission statements.

The hardest part of the job was not being given clear instructions on how to complete select work assignments. I completed all of the work that was assigned to me, however, I felt like the work could have been completed faster on my part if I had been provided with a solid set of instructions.
Pros
Fun workplace culture
Cons
Offsite management team
Kaplan Divisions are bought and sold
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
Kaplan Divsions are bought and sold and employees can be laid off without notice. The benefits are great, but the work can be stressful. Managers and directors come and go, and may pressure employees.
Micromanagment and stressful place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 10, 2018
the worst place to work with.
They ask you to stay there for more than 9 hours per day, it's a call center environment, calling people all day long, the crazy manager is listening all your calls, they track your computer and Skype messages.

They ask you to work weekends but is not an obligations, the problem is that if you say no, probably you are not going to get new leads to sell, so probably you are going to lose your Job in less than 3 month.

if you go to the bathroom you have to put on the system so they can track you... yeah sound crazy and it is!

all the other department are nice , but if you work for LATAM probably you are going to see all of this practices.

I worked there and saw people leaving every month, they hired you to fired others.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagment, long days, weekends, stressful environment, rotation every month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight