Kaplan Employee Reviews

Found 1,413 reviews matching the search See all 1,458 reviews
Enjoyed the students and classes, but the amount we were paid per class decreased rather than increased.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2018
Management, including our chair, did not appreciate the professor's role in the classroom. Management told us we were appreciated then we were subjected to a change in our payment per class--the amount decreased.
Pros
Great students--overall!
Cons
Received pay cuts rather than pay increases.
Best job ever
Student Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Loved working for Kaplan. The opportunities for advancement and growth were outstanding. I believed in the product and loved watching the students obtain their goals and create a better life for themselves. I worked along side some of the most professional women and men. Had it not been for this training and opportunity, I would not have had the confidence to move on and advance so quickly in my next role.
Pros
Growth and opportunities
Cons
Industry changes very quickly
Diploma Mill
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 14, 2018
Employees were given conflicting messages concerning how to manage their classrooms. The bottom line was pass all students regardless of the quality of their work.
Fun and Supportive Environment
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 13, 2018
My experience at Kaplan College was most certainly a positive one. I had a great team of Admissions personnel and worked along side of some very talented people. I gained a few mentors from this experience which I am truly thankful for.
Was a student
Student attending (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 13, 2018
This was an online school where I obtained my Associates degree in Medical Assisting. I did 460 hours of on the job training and I intend to utilize my degree in the future.
Great job
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2018
It was one of my first jobs when I relocated to Florida. The place was very welcoming and professional place to work. I loved helping the students achieve there life goals when it comes to education.
Pros
The Students
Cons
The pay
Kaplan was a Great Place to Work...
FINANCE MANAGER Kaplan Higher Education Group (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Kaplan Higher Education. I was able to advance within the company and help people to accomplish their career goals as well. I was able to move from leading non-exempt employees to a team of exempts and grow in my abilities in the process. I was able to lead/contribute on project teams to build a new payroll software system. Built and managed budgets for multiple cost centers including Office of the COO, IT Infrastructure and other teams.
Pros
Strong Culture and employee centered.
Cons
Kaplan was in a money losing industry (For Profit Education), fortunately was able to transition to Non-Profit Education by being acquired by Purdue University
Fun place to work
SR Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2018
Challenging exciting fast paced Environment. Many advancement opportunities available; highly encouraged actually. Incentives offered with bonuses. Flexible hrs
Highly educated.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2018
Assist students with student loans and interviews. Clerical office work.
This job was an learning experience in Administration position.
The most enjoyable part was helping other student.
flexible work schedule , good coworkers
Test scorer for exit exams for California (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 31, 2018
Flexible to fit a limited schedule and good coworkers communication to support each other during grading process. Supportive staff on goals and steps to improve.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
lack of benefits due to part itme status
Compliance Analyst
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 30, 2018
I took a job here when the real estate market took a hit. It was a great company with awesome management. They even offered a part-time position (which I gladly took) just to keep me employed.
ugh.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2018
I hope that those kids in my classes increased their SAT scores, but I felt like I lowered my IQ by teaching that course. I never knew if I was successful because I was never privy to the results of the kids' scores. I imagine it was successful since they've been in business for many years, but it was the most mind-numbing curriculum ever. And these kids did not want to be there on a Wed. night or a Sunday afternoon. I tried.
energetic and friendly environment always busy doing projects.
facilities coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FL 33324August 29, 2018
morning greetings followed with team meeting and future upcoming projects. always leaning updated procedures. managers pleasant and patient with employees I enjoyed helping coworkers with concerns or projects.
The school closed due to low enrollment.
Medical Assistant Chairperson/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 28, 2018
A typical day started at 8am, teaching the morning Medical Assistant group which dismissed at 2pm. At that time I completed my Chairperson responsibilities, grades, meetings. The day wrapped up at approximately 6pm. For a few modules I also taught evening courses that started at 6pm and dismissed at 11pm.
Additional duties included faculty meetings, manager meetings, student appointments, internship reviews, ordering medical supplies, payroll, faculty observations, course preparation and probationary meetings.
Pros
Excellent facility, positive atmosphere, state of the art equipment
Cons
Heavy demand, that didn't allot for strengths to be utilized.
Kaplan cares about their students
Course Leader and Adjunct Professor (Online) (Former Employee) –  OnlineAugust 27, 2018
Kaplan University, creates an excellent online environment for their students.

Kaplan provides quality curriculum for their students to prepare them for their prospective fields.

Department Chair was a bad hire causing multiple quality Criminal Justice Instructors to leave and begin teaching for competitors
Pros
Great online environment
Cons
Department Chair was a bad hire
decent place to work
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2018
The environment at Kaplan was very competitive and fun at first. The company started having mass layoffs and the environment turned very stressful and hectic.
Benefit Specialist
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 26, 2018
Benefit Specialist for a few years at Kaplan - worked on payroll data entry for several subsidiaries of the company. Was able to use my Accounting Degree on the job.
making a difference in the lives of students
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 23, 2018
Working at Kaplan provided me opportunities to speak in front of classrooms of students, take students out into the community and teach them that mental illness will be everywhere they practice nursing.
Pros
new opportunity each term
Cons
failing students
Good People, Bad Company Culture
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 23, 2018
I've been working at Kaplan for over 5 years now, and while it has afforded a lot in terms of being able to make a living off the salary, the tradeoffs from a mental standpoint are very high.
Pros
Moderate Salary, Benefits, Time off
Cons
Poor management, no growth potential, boiler room environment at times
Workplace
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2018
I can say i learned a lot at Kaplan i was able to work on different teams. I was able to learn more and details on IV funding. Being able working in a place that was diverse was an great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss