Kaplan Pay & Benefits reviews

Great employee job, awesome student programs
Instructor/Student Advisor, Dental Assisting (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 8, 2018
Great training, support, employee recognition. Student programs-top priority. Management was professional, nice and approachable. Good staff/faculty rapport. Over-all this was an awesome experience and a life-changing position.
Pros
great hours, good salary, free pizza.
Cons
some staff turnover, needed more hours.
Fun Coworkers, Constant Management Disruption
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 31, 2018
I've survived a lot of major transformations at Kaplan. Although I was secure, I've had to watch a lot of folks leave. I wouldn't recommend it as a great place to work for a new hire.
Pros
Remote / Flexible
Cons
Management Changes, Salary, Work Load, Work-Life Balance
Productive and very fast pace
Sales driven environment (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 26, 2018
Good company to work for. Management often unprofessional and do not look out for their employees. Often feel like you have no one to speak to. Very good benefits.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Over worked
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Paid benefits including health, vision and dental. Paid time off.paid holidays. Great co workers, everyone worked as a team.
Kaplan Divisions are bought and sold
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
Kaplan Divsions are bought and sold and employees can be laid off without notice. The benefits are great, but the work can be stressful. Managers and directors come and go, and may pressure employees.
Productive and fun
Senior Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2018
Good company great manager, fun, productive, bonuses, awards, trips, input from staff. Positive, they retain their employees. promotes within, trains, competitive, nice offices,
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks
Enroll the student always
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
Enrollment was the focus regardless of students needs and whether or not they were a good fit for Kaplan. Most of the admissions staff had Timeshare backgrounds. Goals had to be met with no compensation for exceeding goals except keeping your job.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
management and lack of communication and respect
Great experience
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 27, 2018
I loved my job and the majority of the employees. I loved working with students. The job was very fast paced, I didn't mind though. Managers were not always the best, happy good employees left quite frequently while they coddled employees who didn't need to be there. I seen a lot of employee turnaround there and it wasn't a good thing. It left us constantly short handed and existing employees wearing many hats and our students got short changed because of it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No job security
Cut throat, Very Competitive, Expected to meet unrealistic goals every month
Student Loan Counselor (SLC) (Former Employee) –  Cypress Creek, FLMay 23, 2018
Everyone was always very friendly and helpful and location was nice. Loved helping students with their loans. In retrospect, management was very shady. If you did not meet your goal every month, after the third time, you would be terminated, no matter how long you have been with the organization. Very cut throat environment because management set high unrealistic goals to meet on a monthly basis. The managers also need more training on how to speak to their employees.
Pros
Good benefits, good working hours, help pay for education
Cons
Poor management skills, VERY stressful, don't appreciate their employees
Enjoyed the job , didn’t enjoy management
Furniture Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCApril 25, 2018
Wasn’t so much a bad place . Management was not very well put together. Hours always changed . It was never a full 40 hours . I liked the fast pace job .
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Good place to get a degree
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAApril 22, 2018
I went there to get my dental assistant certificate. I had some pretty good teachers. All the teachers kept in contact regarding grades, attendence and everything else
It was an educational sales position.
SENIOR ADMISSIONS ADVISOR/ REMOTELY FOR (3-YEARS) (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 22, 2018
I had to meet a quota every month and that was very demanding. However, the salary was very lucrative. I enrolled students into school that wanted to attend the college. I enjoyed working with the students, considering there was no room for professional growth.
Pros
Great annual salary
Cons
I had to meet a quota every month or my position would be terminated.
Great company and product
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, NCApril 16, 2018
This company had an overall good atmosphere, but at the time I was there, there did not seem to be enough resources to get your job done effectively and efficiently. Busy season was hectic, but rather than work on customer orders that had already been waiting, they wanted you to keep on bringing more and more orders in, and it was a struggle to keep both going.
Pros
Good product
Cons
Low compensation, lack of resources
Not a job I recommend
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Clemmons, NCMarch 20, 2018
The management was horrible, it became very unorganized and there was lack of respect going around. The days began to get super long and stressful and it was affecting me mentally/
benefits
Cons
the environment
Kaplan University
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 19, 2018
It's always a hassle to get your ideas implemented, which makes it very frustrating. Some managers micro-manage your time you clock in and out, and when you take breaks and for how long.
Pros
Flexible; Low stress; Everyone friendly.
Cons
Never heard; Little opportunities to move up; some leaders micromanage; starting salary is very low, unless you've been here for a very long time.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2018
Easy going staff and students. Decent work environment. Pay a little low, and in some instances professionalism would be lacking.
Overall decent experience would work there again as Adjutant Professor.
Best support and enviroment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMarch 13, 2018
Kaplan provides an excellent work environment and unlimited support. Management is always available to answer your questions and they do what they canto help you succeed in your role. You won't find a better company out there.
Pros
unlimited support, beautiful office, training, great benefits, competitive pay
Kaplan
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis INMarch 12, 2018
I worked at Kaplan a long time ago. This was my 2nd Admissions job. We went through 4 Directors in the time I was at Kaplan. I loved the people I worked with but did not have good management.
Pros
relaxed, close to home
Cons
pay, management
flexible
Student Success Coordinator (Current Employee) –  fort lauderdaleMarch 9, 2018
Kaplan is a place where you can thrive if you work hard enough. There are plenty of opportunities that arise. I would not say there are many differences when it comes to favortism but I would say things may be able to work in your favor depending on who you know. Other than that, it is a flexible place to work with a decent work culture. Pay is okay, and benefits are nice.
Has a gym and ping pong table to stay active
Senior Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 9, 2018
Depending on the department, you may experience a big difference in managerial skills. Fun some days and stressful others. Glad to work with some who had great work ethic.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work schedule was not good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kaplan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight