Karl Storz
56Below average

Karl Storz Employee Reviews

United States155 reviews
Good company to work for. The benefits are the high point. Great bonus and affordable health insurance. Paid time off is really great as well. Shifts are good hours.
- Training was minimal if at all
- Pay scale and raises are insulting

- Management will not listen to the needs of machinists (their way or the highway attitude)

- Forced to work weekends and 50 hour weeks

- Dangerous work environment that isn’t taken seriously whatsoever (dust, oil vapors, skin irritants)

-Pandemic wasn’t taken seriously at all
Do not be fooled! You do not want to work there!!! Horrible non competitive pay scale compared to most medical manufacturing facilities. Gotcha mentality. Treated like children. Will put you on a performance improvement plan if you have 6 tardies and on and on. Late to the game with covid and at least two people have been confirmed! I hear that there has been more.
Too many hard working people that are friends of mine have been treated like garbage too long! Don't bother!
No human been when you need a personal day always is a delema they ask how you make a time when you have time to cover no very fair enough so I don’t want benefits like that
Extremely poor management. The Manager of the Onsite positions in St. louis is extremely insecure, a micro-manager. Creates a hostile work environment.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
The management I had here was the best I’ve ever worked for! They are caring and understanding in so many ways. Kudos program is a great way to motivate people!! Always willing to try the next best thing!
I loved working there because I was part of the one percent that actually care for the product outcome and the people using it. The managers are not professional, they should change HR people and hire people who care for the employees and not management. Over use the power of authority. They over work you with the "mandatory" overtime Monday -Saturday.
Mostly all departments were good except the HR. The people working there are not willing to help employees especially in Benefits. The benefits lady is the worst ever along with her boss who will not do anything about it because she is one of his favorites.
It is a good place to work for. It has good benefits. It has good work culture. It has good employees. It has a development opportunity. there is a chance for career growth.
Great balance between Work And rest time. Has to Work dime Saturdays the Worst part for me but isnt Always
As long as you show up and attend surgical cases, you will have success with this company. excellent management, good pay, great benefits. Very good products that are relatively easy to sell.
Pros
great product, easy to sell
Cons
travel
Stressful but interesting Management is off shore. Not transparent. Owner has retired so who knows what the future will bring with management by a Board of Directors. Excellent product. Really dedicated workers.
Its an excellent company to work . Teamwork with all staff . All employee have opportunities to share any marketing ideas to get all the company goal .
We were made to do multiple jobs and made to do higher paid jobs normally for no raise or promotion. Constant harrassment and abuse by supervisors and managers. HR no help at all.
A typical day a t work is fast paced and stressful.
Learned how to use SAP.

Management lacks positive reinforcement and is too involved at the micro level.

Culture is stressful.

The hardest part of the job is poor tools and leadership.

Launching new products,
The longevity of their employees, shows what a great place it is to work. Most people have been there more than 10 years.
You start with 2 weeks vacation and earn more with each year worked.

The job is ever changing so flexibility is important. The office equipment is up to date. And most people are generally helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, company activities, and nice people.
I can't necessarily blame local management, it was clear enough that they were given little wiggle room. I was hired at a time before software was pulled back to the German mothership and then they tried shifting developers into customer support roles. It might be great for sales and marketing types which predominated.

They are largely a sales and marketing arm of the company and that makes it clear why sales and support people like it. All original and creative work now takes place in Germany and some of it in Houston.

Being accustomed to tech companies and the type of commitment typical in them there seemed to be a lot of slackers. Developer salaries are low and most have transitioned to support roles. That may have been more possible because hires for those roles predominantly held green cards.

There was a long succession of unimpressive tech leaders from Germany who did not fail to disappoint but seemed to be highly revered. I hate to be cynical but my impression was that many skated by on painted on smiles and feigning rah-rah.
Karl Storz is a great place to work, however career advancement for me was limited. The Finance team was small, and it was hard for me to move up. Other than career advancement, Karl Storz is a nice place to work for.
Great company to work for. Excellent training and management. Top of the line products and service. Good pay and good work life balance. I enjoyed working for Strorz.
the days differ at Karl Storz, depending on staffing and needs the work load varies. I've learned time management, multi tasking and team work on the floor. the culture is high paced and very team work oriented. Being understaffed constantly is a struggle due to the high volume of sales and troubleshooting assistance. knowing that we are helping patience recover quicker with the use of the technologies the company provides is very rewarding.
Pros
compensation
Cons
constantly understaffed and management issues
In all I liked my experience working with Karl Storz, work days where calm and very productive and it also helped me learn a lot about what I was working with.
Pros
Plenty of Breaks
Cons
The time of day I had to work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Karl Storz. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.