Karl Storz Employee Reviews

Hard to balance
OES (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2018
This is a good job for someone who is looking to get into the medical industry. The hours just don't work for my schedule. Overall I am somewhat satisfied by the job and what it provides.
Procedure isnt followed
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAOctober 16, 2018
I worked as a temp and never missed a day or a Saturday morning. Some spanish employees cannot communicate well in English and its tough to speak with them. We were drilled how important following procedure was and when I found out my group were skipping steps in assembly I brought it up to supervisor and was quickly silenced and my assignment ended. I feel my supervisor felt threatened and removed me. I was told by others that they experienced the same thing about procedure not being followed. I suggest never use a KARL STORZ endoscope unless you want a medical mishap because frankly the bottom line at this company is money. I would call the government regulators but I'll wait until someone loses their life to an infection because of faulty assembly and see how they will reimburse the family of a dead loved one.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
You will need to be fluent in Spanish just to communicate
Very collaborative. Enjoyable work and ongoing training
On-Site Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2018
The staff is very helpful. That is the culture and it is needed for a place like KS. The joy to work there comes with knowing everyone will help find solutions to problems.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Contract and sales inconsistent
Productive environment and a lot of teamwork.
Assembly technician (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work and the environment was relaxed. I learned a lot from my co-workers. My supervisor was flexible with my time and being able to take sick time when needed and vacation.
Rapidly Growing Company
Manufacturing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlton, MAAugust 20, 2018
Good work culture and employee resources. Business resource groups welcome participation and celebrate diversity through educational events, meetings, performances, and celebrations.

The hardest part of the job is how fast the company is growing and changing. Management needs to keep up with the changes and needs of the business as well as employees to keep order.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, health benefits, 401K
good place to work for
GI Video Endoscope Assembler (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAAugust 19, 2018
very good company to work for and overall a good job experience, very clean environment, supervisors were easy to work and communicate with. very good pay
Great Benefits
Sales (Former Employee) –  CharlestonAugust 10, 2018
Pros: Company had great benefits( 3 weeks vacation, 401K plan 6% match, Tuition benefits, Gym benefits.

Cons: Very little room for advancements in corporate, poor leadership and lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Great Benefits
very fast pace enviroment
Hand Finisher Assembler III. Quality (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAAugust 4, 2018
we do rotations on job assignments everyday. Perform annealing on furnace, do some bead blast on parts. i like working independently sometimes if necessary.
Company is poorly Managed
Credit & Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 31, 2018
The workplace culture is very hard to work with.. Middle management rules with control and manuipilation of employees. The company has been reported to better business practices this year 2018.
Not a good look.
Pros
Plenty of work- time goes by fast.
Cons
Unfair distribution of the work; can be good for some and bad for others
Work well under pressure.
Indirect Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAJuly 30, 2018
Karl Storz thrives on educating their employees. A lot is asked of an employee, however, as long as you are willing to learn, you will do well within the organization.
Pros
It is a company that treats you fair
Cons
Hi pressure environment
This company is the perfect place for those seeking growth within the fields of Endoscopy and Laproscopic.
Onsite Endoscopic specialists (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
Creating ideas that would improve day to day operations within a team is essential. Networking to establish a collaborative effort from other departments through management on delivering better patient service is recommended.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Advancement.
Training was very important, and I appreciated that.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAJuly 26, 2018
I enjoyed working there, my job however was temporary. I would have liked to remain as regular employee. I learned a lot about the product, and worked well as a team with everyone.
Great Place to work
LMS Training System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlton, MAJuly 17, 2018
Great Place to work, Many opportunities for growth and internal education. Job satisfaction and a great atmosphere to work. Co workers are all caring and professional to work with and for.
Pros
Many different activities to get involved with
Cons
Alot to choose from
Super-friendly culture
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAJuly 10, 2018
Karl Storz Imaging (KSI) is one branch of an International corporation consisting of several divisions. At KSI the emphasis is on the positive outcome of the customer's experience. The overall emphasis is on Quality, which is strictly controlled.

People are caring and helpful. Every section is cross-trained in additional processes to help cover all stations in the event of absences. All training is provided and updated regularly. One can ask to be trained or retrained to a specific task as required.

That said, the environment at KSI is friendly, even fun-loving. Several events are planned annually, such as a deep sea fishing trip in local waters, an Annual family picnic, sometimes held at a major theme park or venue; and an annual Aloha Picnic (for employees only) held at the beach. The Winter Holiday party is held in January.
One particular employee, an engineer, organized an Easter egg hiding event every year, to the delight of employees the morning after.

HR is concerned about the wellness of the employees, with lots of events and perks including yoga classes and chair massages. Most employees work four 10-hour days a week with a select few, Service,
and Customer Service,for instance working five 8-hour shifts in order to satisfy Customer's needs. KSI's full service Machine Shop maintains shifts day and night including weekends.
Pros
frequent employee activities
Cons
lunch is only 1/2 hour, barely enough to go out for lunch
What can I say
Lead HW Design Verification Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 7, 2018
The engineering tasks were ambiguously defined and never were fully supported by the management and team members due to personal prejudice and issues. I really did not know why things were out of control. Shortest engineering employment ever.
Wonderful Company
Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MAJune 20, 2018
The mission and history of the company are inspiring.

Some want to work as a team player and some just want to be the boss. Wants young people versus experience. The hardest part of the job is lack of consistency.
benefits
Cons
lack of team player
Was very unhappy
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MAJune 14, 2018
A crazy amount of training for a temp position! Over 400 hours plus weekly training after that was completed. The company wanted more and more out of me and expected me to take on more and more responsibilities without being hired as a FT employee. As a temp you are excluded from all company events or outings. Did not make me feel like part of the team. Very clicky office environment also. Don’t get on the bad side of HR! Made promises that were not kept and changed my schedule that was agreed upon when I took the assignment.
Pros
I can take what experience I received to a new job
Cons
Broken promises
Endoscopy Sales
Sales Operations Assistant Manager │ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 29, 2018
A well rounded German company. Within a typical day, you are tasked with attaining product knowledge and discovering ways to hit quota. Team building was key to the success of regional sales divisions. KSEA promoted opportunities to get together for learning, growth, and building teams.
Pros
Product knowledge, training, and travel
good company
SENIOR CREDIT & COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 15, 2018
This is a company that affects the human life, and that is the overall beauty of working for them. Typical day is fast paced but accomplished. The events for the staff were nice as well.
Busy, fast paced position
SAMPLE SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAApril 18, 2018
Great Company benefits. The company has a lot to offer. The individual department I was in did not have growth opportunity. I loved the customers that I worked with and enjoyed knowing I made a difference at the end of the day with the Sales Executives.
Benefits
Cons
lack of growth