Karl Storz Employee Reviews

Do your research before accepting offer
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 18, 2019
HR is the worst department in the entire company. They only promote white men. To company and all the department are unorganized, dysfuntional and depressing. The culture is is the older white men who look down on the workers.
Cons
The people, culture, the entire El Segundo office
Aviod customer services department
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 11, 2019
The department is ran by a clueless director who is barely present. approx. 10 customer service reps on a good day to process EDI, fax, email and phone orders. systems are old and always broken. supervisors are messy, and clueless. There's not enough man power to process the orders and not enough brain power among management to find a solution. Instead they waste thousands of dollars on customer satisfaction classes when the company only sells B2B. hospitals are going to order from the company because its their JOB.
Pros
no pros
Cons
the entire company is a con
Focused on change.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Charlton, MADecember 4, 2018
Sometimes change is not good, especially when just to fill a quota. Makes great progress but management gets in the way of real change. Sometimes you have to let the workers work.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay.
Cons
Home/life balance not good. Too many Saturdays
Nice place to work
SAMPLE SERVICE CENTER CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MADecember 3, 2018
It's a good place to work. Everyday you dont get scared of not loosing your job. You receive very good benefits. Over all review working in kark storz satisfied.
Karl Storz
IT Help Desk - Senior Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 15, 2018
Company is great but it is hard to promote within IT. Benefits are great. Culture is German origin. People are the best thing about KarlStorz. Answering call but nothing as far learning anything new
Leader in minimally invasive surgical technology
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 12, 2018
Long standing leader in providing latest technology for effective surgical outcomes in the field of minimally invasive surgery and image capture. Great experience.
Hard to balance
OES (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 12, 2018
This is a good job for someone who is looking to get into the medical industry. The hours just don't work for my schedule. Overall I am somewhat satisfied by the job and what it provides.
Procedure isnt followed
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAOctober 16, 2018
I worked as a temp and never missed a day or a Saturday morning. Some spanish employees cannot communicate well in English and its tough to speak with them. We were drilled how important following procedure was and when I found out my group were skipping steps in assembly I brought it up to supervisor and was quickly silenced and my assignment ended. I feel my supervisor felt threatened and removed me. I was told by others that they experienced the same thing about procedure not being followed. I suggest never use a KARL STORZ endoscope unless you want a medical mishap because frankly the bottom line at this company is money. I would call the government regulators but I'll wait until someone loses their life to an infection because of faulty assembly and see how they will reimburse the family of a dead loved one.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
You will need to be fluent in Spanish just to communicate
Very collaborative. Enjoyable work and ongoing training
On-Site Endoscopic Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2018
The staff is very helpful. That is the culture and it is needed for a place like KS. The joy to work there comes with knowing everyone will help find solutions to problems.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Contract and sales inconsistent
Productive environment and a lot of teamwork.
Assembly technician (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work and the environment was relaxed. I learned a lot from my co-workers. My supervisor was flexible with my time and being able to take sick time when needed and vacation.
Rapidly Growing Company
Manufacturing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlton, MAAugust 20, 2018
Good work culture and employee resources. Business resource groups welcome participation and celebrate diversity through educational events, meetings, performances, and celebrations.

The hardest part of the job is how fast the company is growing and changing. Management needs to keep up with the changes and needs of the business as well as employees to keep order.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, health benefits, 401K
good place to work for
GI Video Endoscope Assembler (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAAugust 19, 2018
very good company to work for and overall a good job experience, very clean environment, supervisors were easy to work and communicate with. very good pay
Great Benefits
Sales (Former Employee) –  CharlestonAugust 10, 2018
Pros: Company had great benefits( 3 weeks vacation, 401K plan 6% match, Tuition benefits, Gym benefits.

Cons: Very little room for advancements in corporate, poor leadership and lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Great Benefits
very fast pace enviroment
Hand Finisher Assembler III. Quality (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAAugust 4, 2018
we do rotations on job assignments everyday. Perform annealing on furnace, do some bead blast on parts. i like working independently sometimes if necessary.
Company is poorly Managed
Credit & Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 31, 2018
The workplace culture is very hard to work with.. Middle management rules with control and manuipilation of employees. The company has been reported to better business practices this year 2018.
Not a good look.
Pros
Plenty of work- time goes by fast.
Cons
Unfair distribution of the work; can be good for some and bad for others
Work well under pressure.
Indirect Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlton, MAJuly 30, 2018
Karl Storz thrives on educating their employees. A lot is asked of an employee, however, as long as you are willing to learn, you will do well within the organization.
Pros
It is a company that treats you fair
Cons
Hi pressure environment
This company is the perfect place for those seeking growth within the fields of Endoscopy and Laproscopic.
Onsite Endoscopic specialists (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
Creating ideas that would improve day to day operations within a team is essential. Networking to establish a collaborative effort from other departments through management on delivering better patient service is recommended.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Advancement.
Training was very important, and I appreciated that.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAJuly 26, 2018
I enjoyed working there, my job however was temporary. I would have liked to remain as regular employee. I learned a lot about the product, and worked well as a team with everyone.
Great Place to work
LMS Training System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlton, MAJuly 17, 2018
Great Place to work, Many opportunities for growth and internal education. Job satisfaction and a great atmosphere to work. Co workers are all caring and professional to work with and for.
Pros
Many different activities to get involved with
Cons
Alot to choose from
Super-friendly culture
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAJuly 10, 2018
Karl Storz Imaging (KSI) is one branch of an International corporation consisting of several divisions. At KSI the emphasis is on the positive outcome of the customer's experience. The overall emphasis is on Quality, which is strictly controlled.

People are caring and helpful. Every section is cross-trained in additional processes to help cover all stations in the event of absences. All training is provided and updated regularly. One can ask to be trained or retrained to a specific task as required.

That said, the environment at KSI is friendly, even fun-loving. Several events are planned annually, such as a deep sea fishing trip in local waters, an Annual family picnic, sometimes held at a major theme park or venue; and an annual Aloha Picnic (for employees only) held at the beach. The Winter Holiday party is held in January.
One particular employee, an engineer, organized an Easter egg hiding event every year, to the delight of employees the morning after.

HR is concerned about the wellness of the employees, with lots of events and perks including yoga classes and chair massages. Most employees work four 10-hour days a week with a select few, Service,
and Customer Service,for instance working five 8-hour shifts in order to satisfy Customer's needs. KSI's full service Machine Shop maintains shifts day and night including weekends.
Pros
frequent employee activities
Cons
lunch is only 1/2 hour, barely enough to go out for lunch