KARL STORZ
Happiness rating is 54 out of 100

KARL STORZ Employee Reviews

United States214 reviews

produces great instruments lasting and hires good Salesforce

17 years love working in the field and the Quality side. Customer service is over complicated and intense. not enough product training and development of the employee's best talent.

Pros

good product moderate size company

Cons

time management is not flexible

Good Company Horrible Management

Silo environment. Sales staff allowed to disrespect staff and management never addresses. Non management staff wants to dictate while managers pretend to not see nor hear. The case management supervisor was terrible

Pros

Salary bonuses

Cons

Everything else

KARL STORZ insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great Company

Great company ..They really care about there employees ..Great benefits Awesome balance of personal life Many Opportunities to growAwesome Management

a typical day at work

Favoritism is at play; toxic environment fueled by competition, even within own department; lots of non-technical/non-analytical employees depending on a select few people to provide stuff when they can do it themselves; always flagging things as urgent when they really aren't. Too much dependency causing bottlenecks. Most of executive leadership is not technically literate with modern computational platforms needed to take company to the next level and compete.

This is the best company I have ever worked for!

Incredible culture, fast paced positive atmosphere. Truly it is like working for your family and want to put your best foot forward because they take such good care of their employees. You want to do your best for them to contribute the success and positive culture. You will never be sorry you took a chance to come work here.

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, flexibility, vacation, people!

Great Place to Work

Karl Storz Endoscopy America is a great place to work. They have amazing benefits, very supportive management, growth opportunities - like to promote from within, one of the best work cultures. You definitely feel appreciated. Many employee lunches, fun events, bonuses, etc...

Pros

Work environment & culture

Felt like I was part of a huge family

My experience at Karl Storz as an OES was very short due to a contract issue, but in that short time I made many new friends and acquaintances with whom I can network with. The managers were amazing, as were the directors. They do promote with it the company and most employees are long term. They have been there for 10, 15, 20+ years. That says a lot about the company. I hope to rejoin them at some point in the future. If you have the opportunity to join this company, it is definitely worth it.

Pros

Great hours, excellent management, work with you when getting started up.

Cons

As on OES, you are at the mercy of the contract site.

The company used to make you feel like you were of value.

Pre-2009 - The culture was perfect, where you had a sense of purpose, and everyone pulled together with great respect toward one another.Once Lean was adopted, the culture started to deteriorate. Although efficiency got better regarding meeting customer demands. However, the true issue is that Continuous Improvement and the "True North" journey are truly about the respect of the people. Respect for people is the key to a lean-driven culture! That was lost when respecting employees and giving them a sense of value diminished. That is not the true spirit of the Lean World. Management made it about the numbers and their spreadsheets and forgot about the true value of their people.The development was great for a bit. But it truly depended on if you were in the right clique. I was given opportunities to grow. That I am thankful for and always will be. But management acted like managers and not true leaders. There is a difference between managing and leading. The most respectful thing KS management can do is learn to be leaders."A bad system will beat a good person every time.”–W. Edwards Deming. Cteam - Listen to the people, respect the people, learn to have empathy. Get out of the mentality of blaming, you have lost too many great valuable employees. There are many organizations waiting for KS employees...They are valued and can offer a lot to the world. Thank you for allowing me to learn how not to be classified as "Management" and how to lack empathy. “Leadership is not so much about technique and methods as it is about opening the heart. Leadership is -

Pros

Years of learning what not to do as a leader., The production folks, benefits. Leaders that I met.

Cons

Micromanaging, inconsistency, strict policies, lack of growth

Good people, Good purpose.

The people make KARL STORZ what it is. I can trust my co-workers, we have fun, we look out for each other and we all work hard. My management is excellent, inclusive and fair, although it may vary by department.It's nice to know your work has a real effect on someone (a patient) at the end of the day, rather than working on some garbage consumer technology that is just filling up landfills on the planet and polluting our environment.

Pros

People, Pay, Benefits, Purpose

Cons

Long Hours... you have to pace yourself and know when to say no.

Outstanding support from Management & sales reps

My tenure there was both a good learning experience and provided me the opportunity to make a difference in the OR. My manager was fantastic! Expectations placed on us were realistic. This job is perfect for someone who is either retired or just starting out in the medical field with a solid work background. Ideally for someone who enjoys working in the medical field, and working directly with nurses and surgeons.Communication is key in this role.

Pros

Independent, meaning no one babysits you.

Cons

Pay could be better, and advancement is not likely due to low turnover.

Ok

It was OK. Very corporate but lots of opportunities to develop skills and move into other positions. PTO, benefits and work life balance were great. Successful company with good job security.

Good Company, Lots of overtime, Company will not hire more people to reduce backlogs

You better like working every mandatory Saturday, if not you will be charged sick time. Upper management is paranoiac of loosing their jobs and push people creating a cut throat environment. This causes quality issues especially when people rush building medical equipment. Cutting corners to hit production numbers is not the way to go.

Pros

Good Benefits, Good PTO

Cons

Too much overtime, no time for family

It was a clean and good place to work but my supervisor was more concerned about personal issues than actually working.

I loved the boss that my supervisor had she was positive and go getter but no communication on job security. Hated my supervisor because she was more concerned about her personal life rather than work.

Pros

Clean and potential

Cons

Terrible supervisor and low moral

Culture is toxic and emotionally unstable

There is a clique in upper management and the C- team is dysfunctional. Reach out to former employees to receive the truth. Ask why long tenure employees left!

Pros

Benefits and the assemblers

Cons

Lack of growth, narcissistic bullying, threats, public humiliation, email humiliation, lack of respect for the most important people, lack of consistency with HR, silent bullying, threats

The company as a whole is turning worse for the basic employees.

Since i started working at Karl Storz, there has been no improvement. Ive watched as management turned sour, the company heads oversees restricting and demanding more than what would be considered normal under job description. The work culture regarding lower level employees is heading downward aswell, with restrictions and micromanaging that makes you feel constricted and untrusted.

Pros

2 15min breaks and a 30 minute lunch

Cons

Offered insurance is lowest quality acceptable, culturally disappointing, and lack of respect for workers

Poor decision making during division re-structuring

The OR1 division used to be one of the most enjoyable places to work. Since they are re-structuring the decisions being made are resulting in high turnover. A lot of the experienced Techs are starting to move on.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Poor management, heavy travel

Love it here

In the logistics field this exceeds competitors. sensitive to employee's needs. great culture that promotes collaboration. Hard to find another company in the warehousing industry that offers comparable benefits.

benefits

Cons

behind the times with Tech

It was a family oriented company

There is no work life balance! You are literally always on call, due to unreliable product. This company used to be very family oriented and pleasant to work for.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

No work, life balance.

Hard work, decent pay

Expect to work hard, pay can vary from year to year. You won’t be on call, but you will feel like you are.. the training program is really good, but expect the comp plan to change from one year to the next

Pros

Great products

Cons

Comp

Issues with middle management and corporate directed at employees

Working at Karl Storz was a challenging and rewarding experience at first. Around 2017 there was a shift in corporate management that created a rift between middle management and all employees below that pay grade. An outside company was hired to determine issues with the company and pinpoint problem areas for improvement. Almost all of the issues were with middle management and bureaucratic processes that slow everyone down below that level. Corporate took this information and decided to point the blame at the technicians, increasing the divide between management and employees. At this point it was clear employees were viewed as merely a number on a report, and were treated as such. Coupled with endless lip service about being "heroes" and at the same time being told we would not be receiving our annual cost of living increases due to COVID or any hazard pay for working onsite in hospitals during a worldwide pandemic I knew it was time.

Pros

OK health insurance, some schedule freedom

Cons

Management, Middle Management, Endlessly flowing corporate directives aimed at maximizing profit at the expense of the least paid

Tough Job with No direction or Training

Never heard from or received feedback from manager unless he needed something to benefit himself. Always was pushing me to do unethical things. Decided to leave as I felt they aren’t committed to the industry and our mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KARL STORZ. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss