kate spade Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 1, 2018
Management promises hours at time of hire then constantly cuts hours based on sales. They want you to keep them as your first priority. Only get your schedule one week in advance which is very inconvenient when trying to plan anything.
dont work at the warehouse
Warehouse Associate /Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYNovember 30, 2018
working for the kate spade warehouse was horrible. there was no direction yet you could get introuble for almost anything. the best part of my day was leaving
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Experience but no work/life balance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCNovember 28, 2018
The staffing is a majority of part-time associates. Management are the only ones offered full time. Staffing issues occur constantly.
no control over hours, leaders do not want to help you , they judge your attire but do not offer wardrobe for the company. Expect you to buy their products but do not provide a clothing voucher outside of a ONE TIME ONLY $25 item
Good Company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 9, 2018
It's a fun place to work and the atmosphere is lively and you make guests feel like they are at a party and you are the host. The environment matches the products being sold which are cute purses and wallets and other accessories. It's also a good place for people seeking work that have little to no experience. There is a good chance for attaining a higher position but you must prove yourself because they do tend to hire from within. Leaders work closely with sales associates to keep them on track for completing company goals as well.
Managerial
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 6, 2018
When I started the DM's were very helpful and informative. The training was excellent the work days were fast pace With the last DM everything changed
Fun place to work
Showroom Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
If you love fashion, then this is a great fit. You get to see the day to day behind the scenes, non-glamorous parts of fashion designers. From the way they sketch a design for a line to seeing it to fruition. Meeting buyers from all over the world and best of all, sample sales!
Pros
Free breakfast with meetings / Sample sales
Cons
Fast paced environment with many different attitudes
Temp job
TEMP RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
It was great for the week I was there, However I must say it was a much slower paced job than I'm use to. Staff seems to be really happy and everyone was nice.
Fun But Competitive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2018
It was a fun atmosphere, but at my store, there was constant competition between management. They would rather bring someone down, than see the store succeed. Other than that, it was a fun, fast paced place to work. They should pay attention to employee's sales numbers more than make it a popularity contest.
Pros
amazing discount, good benefits
Cons
Too Competitive
Every Location is different
Associate (Current Employee) –  WAOctober 7, 2018
The management has always been the worst part about the job. The product quality has been going down hill over the past year. Employs mostly students, who all have unreliable availability for coverage. You're either bored at work or dying trying to keep up.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAOctober 4, 2018
Working at Kate Spade was a fun and fast paced environment. They initially hired too many employees when the store first opened, and I left because I would sometimes get only one shift a month.
Pros
interaction with customers, good product
Cons
not enough hours
Kate Spade was a good job but the hours were inconsistent
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 30, 2018
When working in retail, the hours are going to be inconsistent for a while since they will be high moments and low. The pay was good but it was definitely not the kind of work environment I would see myself doing for a long time.
Holiday Job Only
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 28, 2018
Just like with every retail job, Kate Spade will be no different whatsoever, at times even worse. Management only looks out for themselves and prefer promoting external applicants over their more than competent workers.
Hours are spread out very poorly with some employees not having hours for weeks.
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 21, 2018
Kate Spade is a very fun and competitive place to work at. It requires a lot of team work and socializing for one to be a good employee at work. We get to talk to a lot of people which makes us better at communication and marketing skills.
Absolutely not!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CASeptember 13, 2018
The store I worked for was complete Facade. The management team was absolutely pitiful and should be ashamed of themselves. I felt personally attacked by the female managers and NEVER received the work schedule on time. Communication was abysmal on the managements end. I sent my availability on three separate occasions as well as my school schedule a month before the store opened never got a schedule. Anytime I tried to ask for it. I was either dismissed or told it would be taken care of and it never was. The management staff was so unreliable I don't at all feel comfortable recommending this job to anyone.
Loved Working There
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Very friendly environment. The employee discount makes it worth working there and the pay isn't bad. The store is small when it got crowded it was a little hard to work.
Collaborative Work Place with Lovely People
Senior Muse (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 30, 2018
Kate Spade requires a really strong work ethic to succeed. Must be action oriented and driven. The people are amazing and always there as a support system.
Pros
the people, the culture
LOVE this company!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FLAugust 26, 2018
I would like to see more advancement in the company, store management should be actively training for district managers. Many DM's should actively lead with the intent to have their SM's be promoted to DM level. Promotion from with in is key.
Pros
Great Company. Benefits are awsome
Cons
More diversity. From store manager and up.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 23, 2018
They hire amazing and bubbly workers. They’re always so nice. I loved working here and the discounts are a plus! They also give you free wardrobe at the end of the month
Pros
Healthcare, wardrobe
Cons
Short breaks
Great environment
Sr. Muse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2018
The management team was fun, knowledgeable. I enjoyed the benefits of the job and my co-workers. It was a colorful and enjoyable place to work. Everyone is always happy when you walk into such a colorful, good environment store.
Pros
Discounts, perks
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun and creative
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 21, 2018
A great company to be apart of because they care about employees. I have some creative freedom when setting the store layout which is different from other larger retail stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight