kate spade Employee Reviews

It's alright
seasonal retail sales person (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJuly 20, 2018
Love the job itself and the company, management is either super or way off. Don't expect enough hours to even come close to living on. Don't expect a raise. Don't expect advancement.
Pros
discount, benefits, breaks
Cons
low pay, low hours, stress
This was kindergarten
Sales associates (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 19, 2018
I experienced such age discrimination there and the companies management wasn't interested. It was appalling for a company who represents women does not really support them.
Pros
Discounts if you like the styles
Cons
Discrimination
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 11, 2018
Great company to work for, enjoyed and loved job. I'd recommend this job to others and wish I could go back but I had to move. The management was great and very supportive of workers.
Inspiring work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Working at Kate Spade New York was exciting and inspirational. My typical day at work consisted of processing daily shipment, taking on different tasks,assisting customers over the phone as well as in person. The most exciting part about working at Kate Spade was being able to meet different people, such as artist's that collaborated in making customized handbags for customers.
Pros
Great discount on all items.
Cons
inconsistency with hours and scheduling.
Fun and Fast Paced
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 7, 2018
It would not be possible to work here without the positive and energetic atmosphere that is curated by the management and sales team at this store. Although small, It is a very high paced location that needs a minimum of 3-8 associates on the selling floor during the slowest periods and during peaks time such as holidays or even just weekends needs anywhere from 9 to 18 associates who can work in a fast pace environment and maintain composure during stressfull times. often times an exterior line needs to held not only to provide a positive experience inside but also to keep the store safe for guests and associates. Their are many different types of guests and you really never expect what kind of day you will have. Thanks to the uniquely cheerful attitude of all members of the team it remains a fun place to work.
Pros
Friendly and helpful Management, great work culture, lot's of resources, long breaks
Cons
many stressful customers who really test your limits, associates sometimes have to close at 10 or 11pm and be back at 6 am
Love
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 28, 2018
I loved working in the Orlando location and the managers were amazing. Everyone there was so nice and very welcoming it really felt like a family. the discount was also really nice my closet is stocked with kate items.
Pros
70 percent off
kate spade
sales / stock associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 25, 2018
It was alright. management changed like 5 times in the time i worked there. work hard you get more hours. ignore the drama because its always there. have fun whenever you can it doesnt last long.
Fun and happy place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJune 12, 2018
The brand is fun and has beautiful product! It seems overwhelming at the beginning but gets easier with time. It's a good company to stand behind. They value their workers.
What I learned at kate spade shaped who I am!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 12, 2018
I worked for kate spade before it was sold to Neiman's and while she was still involved. It was a life changing experience where I still use the skills I gained there and the love of detail and understanding of the total lifestyle brand and client experience.
a positive enviroment to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 3, 2018
Since the day I been working at Kate Spade, I was received with a positive attitude. We always talk any issues that are preventing us from reaching the store golfer the day and we maintain a good teamwork to accomplish the goal for the day. We work as a team in which makes us relaid on each other in a good way.
Pros
good communication system
Cons
cutting hrs during few months
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 31, 2018
It was fun and I enjoyed workin there while it lasted. It would be a little messy because the employees would gossip all the time including managers. I was happy working there till the end.
Great people to work with
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 30, 2018
Relaxed but fast paced job with great people and a great work environment. Work hours are very flexible. Management is very fair and understanding. There's always work to be done and the job keeps me up and moving.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 30, 2018
Store manager is super aweful. Has total disrespect for employees and thinks that everyone needs to be dressed in Kate Spade, as well as carry a Kate Spade bag, even though the discount sucks.
Awesome place to work !
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2018
Managers were really comprehensive and helpful with employees, and coworkers were always focused on giving the best of themselves to help the clients and thus help each other
Pros
Free lunches each week
Zero communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAMay 23, 2018
I enjoyed everyone I worked with at Kate Spade, however management handled situations very poorly. The managers would sit in the back room bossing the other sales associates on the floor through walkie talkies instead of working with on the floor.
Also very poor communication, only attended one meeting the whole time I worked there that wasn’t even informative. Everyone tells you different ways to do things, there’s not just one way so it’s confusing because techniques aren’t being communicated.
Pros
Great coworkers, frequent breaks, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management, no communication, drama
Typical Retail Environment
Interim Supervisor of Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2018
Customers are customers no matter where you work but I liked the product and the atmosphere KS portrays. I didn't personally like the senior manager, but I liked the other managers. It isn't a way to support a family because it's still retail. They were understanding and flexible with scheduling but not enough money to keep me around.
Ok
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMay 18, 2018
Decent place to work if you are looking for a part time job.
Rarely promote from within
Not really worth the pay
Hours get cut short most of the time unless it is a holiday week.
upbeat fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NYMay 9, 2018
i was a sales associate at kate spade. i would help customers pick out hand bags that were needed in their everyday life. the workplace was very upbeat, colorful and fun. the hardest part about my job was when foreign people would come in and not speak any English and i was have to try my best to figure out what it was they needed. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world. learning about the customers that were not from America was very different.
Friendly work place
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
Supervisors are helpful and very supportive. Team mates are also positive workers. However, there was no AC at facility, so physical environment were poor. Location was good. But only can work word of mouth.
Pros
Discount
Cons
no working hours for off season
Work as a kate spade Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 4, 2018
I work in a kate spade new york store a couple days a week for four hour shifts. It's a fun job because of the whimsical and creative atmosphere. The positive work environment makes working there very enjoyable. A typical day at work involves greeting customers and creating a welcoming shopping experience for each guest. Forming connections with clients is important and makes for a more intimate and personal relationship. Being familiar with the company and products help portray a knowledgable appearance. It is important to leave all personal problems at the door when coming to work as a positive attitude is how we want to represent the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers, all of whom are very personable and good at their job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kate spade. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight