KaTom Restaurant Supply

KaTom Restaurant Supply Employee Reviews

KaTom has no structure, and everyday is a day full of confusion and frustration. KaTom does not have a realistic idea of the amount of pressure and work their employee's do, and I have yet to feel appreciated in this company in the 7 months I have worked here.
Not for everyone. The toxic environment can be overwhelming at times. The place is packed with amazing people, but they are all pushed over their limits. The walls are COVERED in actual bible scripture... Not appropriate for any work environment. The constant fear of verbal abuse or violent outbursts contributes to the steady stream of employees frequently crying in the bathrooms or leaving on their lunch breaks to never return. The customers are not a priority either. The bottom line is the only concern with little regard for anything else. The usual reply from current employees: "You get used to it after awhile".
Pros
The People
Cons
The Culture
I really enjoyed working at KaTom until they didn’t know where to place me so I became a floater and didn’t have a set job. It’s a great place to learn about new job opportunities inside the work place. I learned tasks I never knew I could accomplish.
Pros
Quick move up
Cons
Unhealthy communication
No training, so you fail a lot. When you fail, you get screamed at - literally. Archaic systems that make no sense and are counter productive. Who's in charge? Who knows! Maybe your manager, maybe one of the kids, maybe this week's boyfriend...and then the owner will swing by and toss all your instructions into the trash. Super helpful.
Pros
Lots of celebrating
Cons
Owner is violent potty mouth fake
With in my time working for KaTom I did not get proper or consist training. The way you learn is to make a mistake then any and everyone will yell at you. THAT is how you learn what to do and what not to do! There were a couple of guys who were more then willing to help you but other then that don't even ask!
Pros
Pay, hours
Cons
Only 30 minute break for lunch and no true leader
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Money hungry bible thumping hoodrats who curse you up one side down another while consuming powder and harassing the labor force. Managers have no business being managers and there is no lateral or vertical advancement in this company. You will forge some good relations with major companies external to the company, but trust no one and look forward to unrealistic month over month goals.
My first day of training started out well and the vibe was awesome. Then my trainer started to complain about not making quotas required due to the training. Then complained about always training new people. With his complaining over an 8 HR shift was enough for me. In the end the qouta was met with training but did not need another day of complaint.
Pros
The company is good
Cons
Why try to work there with some of the attitudes
I have worked at a few places around here, but KaTom has been the best experience I have had so far! They really care about their employees and their customers. The hardest place about the job is putting up with the customers that call. I finally found a job that I really like to wake up and happy to go to work.
This is the worst place to work. The owner will harass and degrade you often. You will not be valued as an employee. They also discriminate. You won't be happy and the turnover rate is ridiculously high.
This place appeared to be a great place to work until it became apparent that only people who threatened to leave got any type of promotion or raise. They released a new pay scale that is great for incoming employees but punishes long term employees. New employees would make more then some of us that had been there for years.
Pros
Short drive to work
Cons
Stressful environment, terrible management, lack of trust in employees
KaTom will lie to you and even promote you withholding your raise until you are doing the job for 60 days. I was supposed to have a 90 day evaluation where you get a raise. Instead they promoted me and made me wait another 60 days to get a .50 raise. Terrible leadership.
I have worked for Katom for close to a decade and have learned so much in my time here. The environment is built for growth and opportunity. If you want an exciting and fast paced work environment, Katom is a great place for you. This is a company built by wonderful npeople and the sky is limit for where you can grow with this team.
The one word I would use to describe KaTom is family. I came into this job with a brief amount of call center work and, frankly by happenstance, striving for a sense of purpose, longing for a company in which I could find a home away from home as well as a company that would foster growth, and somewhere that valued my happiness more then numbers or sales goals. I found this not only with employees but the management. Unlike many other places the management here instills the value of hard work, a sense of pride, and gives you coaching as needed. Perfection is not expected, but growth and improvement is. I have been with KaTom right at a month and got promoted out of customer care. Potential here is more valuable then experience in a lot of cases and will be a great benefit if used and exploited correctly. Pay and benefits are reasonable, but more then anything the atmosphere is what sells this company. If you consider applying and get a job, I promise that you will not regret it. Do yourself a favor and become part of the KaTom family.
This workplace would be ok if it wasnt for the horrible owner(patricia) who expects you to be a slave for her while she talks down on you. If your looking for a career look elsewhere. The turnover rate is horrible and its mostly because of the owner. "Take care of your employees and they will take care of you".
Pros
Decent co-workers
Cons
Horrible owner
This job might look good on paper, but beware, the owner of the company will call you stupid, and an idiot on a daily basis. Warehouse managers will not stand up for you or themselves. They hire everyone as a "warehouse worker" to avoid paying more for forklift drivers, order pickers, QA, Etc. Even if you get promoted to a lead position, your pay will not go up. Avoid this miserable place.
People who working at KaTom are always looking for other job opportunities. Family owned company has limited space to grow. The CEO didn't listen to any suggestion from the employee no matter how long you have been here. CEO yells at people everyday and shows ZERO respect to the hard working staffs. Working at Katom was like staying in the jail. Security camera is everywhere and they also have no cellphone policy.
Hope the manager would pay for the pace and quality of work they require from employees Assisted in the tracking and receiving of freight. Working on the line talking about this for shipments with UPS and FedEx.
Stay away is all I can say if the owner isn't screaming her head off at you to go faster or finding out you are timed in the bathrooms some people work some people talk with management all day while they talk about other employees they dont like it's like high school the pay is not worth the headache
The owner is horrible yells and screams at her best employees that's why everyone keeps quitting. It's sad the way she treats people I guess money is more important than humanity to her.
Absolutely the worst place to work. Constant fear of job security. Never knowing what mood your walking in to. Major favorites and ZERO chance for fair wage pay. I don't reccomend this company to anyone. Stay away at all cost
Pros
Leaving everyday
Cons
Horrible management with even worse attitudes. If you like being torn down day in and day out, this is the place for you! They sure don’t care to yell and belittle you in front of others. That is from the CEO and down. Also, don’t expect your raise either. They’re “behind” or you should’ve had a sales miracle happen.