Talking with clients and making them feel welcome and secure.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) – Chicago, IL – May 18, 2015
• Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
• Proofread all documents for accuracy.
• Schedule depositions and court reporters.
• Receive and place telephone calls.
• Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
• Assist attorneys in collecting information such as medical records and employment records.
• Open and disburse mail accordingly.
• Maintain filing system and open new matters as needed.
• Maintain attorney’s calendar through Outlook.
• Make travel arrangements as necessary.
• Assist in scheduling meetings.
• Enter attorney’s time.