Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP Employee Reviews

Employee Satisfaction, What is that?
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
A workplace so stuck in the past it might as well be in a museum. Employment practices and policies are as out of date as the office space itself. Talent management does not exist.
Pros
If you want to collect a pay check and do the bare minimum this is the place for you!
I was a contract Paralegal
Paralegal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
The company was a pretty good environment to work in so therefore I cannot give an accurate account of what a Permanent employee can give. For the short amount of time I was there everything was ok.
Conflicts Attorney (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2018
I enjoyed working at Katten. However, I was working in a non-practicing attorney position. The pay was good and the perks of being at a big firm were great. I left because I wanted to practice law.
Law Firm
CFO (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
Have to be very passionate and strong minded to work under attorneys in which can be demanding.
Very fast paced setting and pay close attention to detail .
Pros
short lunches
Great Job
Legal Assistant/Bio Tech Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2018
Fast paced environment. Friendly staff and attorneys. I learned a lot working here. My responsibilities grew and so did my salary. Great area to work.
Great company
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
It was a great company to work for with great benefits. They offered dental, vision and health insurance. They also offered paid time off. I would recommend this firm to a friend.
Overall, Katten was a very pleasant work environment and a good learning experience.
Legal Executive Assistant - Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
I worked at Katten for more than 10 years and it was a very rewarding experience. My time at the firm was a good learning experience and each year was a learning experience. Most of my responsibilities were administrative, i.e, travel arrangements, keeping a calendar, correspondence, billing and client contract. I was an assistant to the managing partner in the real estate department.
Pros
Staff appreciation events.
Cons
Nothing that stands out.
A very respectable firm.
Trust & Estate Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
The firm hires only the very brightest and well educated individuals who are capable of making a difference and contributing to the community at large. The practice group I was in remains top notch and is highly respected. The workload was reasonable, varied, and stimulating. The department personnel were very well suited to each other and communicated well among each other. This is a fine firm, with high caliber clients and truly exceptional professional staff.
Pros
Fine benefits
Cons
Midtown location, if that could possibly be a "con."
Excellent Law Firm
Legal Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2017
Multinational law firm with offices domestically and internationally in diverse legal fields. The firm's headquarters is located in Chicago. Excellent benefits.
Truly an honor to work here
Actor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
I have participated in this training program once before, and am set to participate again this April. My experience there was very pleasant. This job can be stressful and requires a lot of work, skill and knowledge. The lawyers and judges I worked with were very welcoming and professional.
Great place with a great culture
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2016
I really like the 4 plus years I spent at Katten. The attorneys are all very smart yet down to earth and well mannered. Everyone really worked well together. I thought this place had a great internal structure just not a lot of room for upward movement. With that being said, it really is a gem. The 4 years flew by and that's a good sign! Good benefits, great profit sharing and best cafeteria and coffee. Silly but trust me it's important :) They really are committed to providing their staff with a solid place to work and most of the staff has beenough there for a long time.
Pros
Great people, cafeteria, great vacation days, great benefits
Cons
Hard to move up
slow, steady and secure
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
The full-time work week 37 1/2 hrs., no overtime. A lot of employees have been there for a very long time, hence there is a sense of continuity and predictability.
Pros
short work week and no overtime
Cons
no opportunity to advance
Productive and awesome management team.
Document Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2015
Some days are fast paced, busy, including constant interfacing with staff. Some days are slow but gives opportunity to upgrade knowledge.
Pros
Friendly environment. Casual Fridays
Cons
No opportunity for advancement.
A nice place to work.
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 18, 2015
I love my job..I was in love with my job. I was there for 5 years. hopefully i could find another like this one day in the future
Talking with clients and making them feel welcome and secure.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2015
• Prepare and process legal documents and papers, such as summonses, subpoenas, complaints, appeals, motions, and pretrial agreements.
• Proofread all documents for accuracy.
• Schedule depositions and court reporters.
• Receive and place telephone calls.
• Make photocopies of correspondence, documents, and other printed matter.
• Assist attorneys in collecting information such as medical records and employment records.
• Open and disburse mail accordingly.
• Maintain filing system and open new matters as needed.
• Maintain attorney’s calendar through Outlook.
• Make travel arrangements as necessary.
• Assist in scheduling meetings.
• Enter attorney’s time.
Large law firm environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2015
Great firm to work for. Learned a lot about Human Resources. Enjoyed working with co-workers. Best part of working there is that no day was the same.
Great place to begin career
Front Desk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2014
This establishment is fun filled with a sense of compassion for their employees. A typical day at work would begin by smiles and greetings in the kitchen with donuts and pastries provided. As everyone begins to disperse to their individual workplaces it becomes a place of tranquility as everyone seems to be fast at work. Here I learned to be a team player and how to set personal goals with in an organization to be inclusive with Management's goals. The hardest part of the job was to leave as I only left due to salary enhancement. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers as I have remained friends with many of them. This is a great work environment to begin in, it will provide you the skills such as paying attention to details and be assertive, as well as taking the initiative.
Pros
Pastries every Monday and Friday, Happy Hours, Staff Events
Cons
Healthcare, raises, bonuses
Productive and Laid back atmosphere
Administrative Assistant - Contract (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Good group of people to work with. No one breathing down your back, pretty laid back and productive.
Every day legal office
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Your every day office here! A fast or slow day can be encountered. A pleasant face or not so pleasant face can be seen throughout the day on your coworkers. Some departments are a revolving door, others not so much. Its starts at the top and trickles down. I believe to have the best employees, the management should be at its best and praise those under them.
Upbeat and determined work environment
Marketing Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2014
Helped company growth amid customer analytics, direct marketing strategy and execution as well as channel integration. Required to have an upbeat and superior attention to detail and willingness to take on new challenges.