Kawahara Nurseries Employee Reviews

Great management, Superb product quality, wage didn't keep pace with COL
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAAugust 24, 2018
I grew tremendously as a person and professional during my time, and I took away grit and a strong work ethic. My manager was hard working, honest, level-headed and always treated me with respect. Every employee pulled as a team in the same direction, which made long days and crises manageable. I loved the freedom of schedule and autonomy, but the seasonal nature of the work made for large fluctuations in work day length and scheduling, preventing consistent work-life balance. The culture here is very hard to find in this industry today. Great experience.
Pros
autonomy, respect, freedom of schedule, being outdoors
Cons
long days when it's busy, few hours when it's slow. working in the elements
I enjoyed the pay a freedom.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 5, 2017
As I stated in the title I enjoyed the pay and the freedom I got of traveling from City to City. The problem came with the work itself if you are healthy and strong and able to run around all day long without ever getting tired it's the perfect job for you but if you are accident prone, older and not in good shape this job can be very difficult. It involves you moving upwards to 14 to 20 heavy racks filled all the way to the top with plants. Sometimes unassisted maybe was one of the person and high turnover rate is evidence of this. I more than enjoyed the pay and if it wasn't for a shoulder injury that I received completely unrelated to the job I would have considered staying that and I didn't live in the area in which I worked so it put a lot of wear and tear on my car. But other than all of that I really enjoyed management they were professional and they did exactly what they said they were going to do when it came to compensation. I would still be working there if it were easier and closer to where I live.
Pros
Great pay during summer.
Cons
Physically demanding. Wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Great Company
Production (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 27, 2017
Advance corporate mentality for an Agricultural company. They treat employees fairly and are generous with events and experiences for employees. Good Retention of employees.
Pros
Cons
Seasonal Stress, but still great.
Fast paced environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 22, 2017
A typical day would be arriving to the store, seeing the layout of the plants, and plan where to put each different type of item where. After that it was all just the physical stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kawahara Nurseries. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4