Kay Jewelers Employee Reviews

Found 1,245 reviews matching the search See all 1,251 reviews
It was ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Being completely honest, if I was in a different district, I believe it would have been a better experience. The regional VP was actually great and gave us motivation to work better. Sterling Inc. was quaint, just don't work in the Tampa/St Pete, FL area.
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Great Place to work, I would recommend it for sales driven professionals who are looking for room for advancement and a clear explanation of what is expected of them sales-wise.
Not very much advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2019
The days were boring and we we're constantly encouraged to push financing on individuals who were just walking by in the mall having a nice day. The other
Enjoyable environment
Jewelry Consultant, Certified Diamontologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 13, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for the company. Learned so much from the company with great chances for advancement. The holidays allow for overtime and great commission and bonuses.
Not for a career
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJanuary 13, 2019
The hours are insane, the pay is just above minimum wage. You either must work 10 to 30 hours overtime or under 30 hours. You are expected to break yourself for the company with nothing in return. Selling credit is more important than selling jewelry and if you don't meet your credit sales goals you are overlooked for raises or promotions.
Pros
Retail store
Cons
Low salary lower commission
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I absolutely loved working at Kays, my co-workers were so wonderful and always a joy to work around. Getting to assist clients in one of their special moments of their life was rewarding in itself.
Pros
co-workers, atmosphere
Cons
pay, hours
Horrible management at the castleton, indiana location.
Jewelery consultant (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INJanuary 11, 2019
I've been with the company for a couple months and it's not at all how it was presented to me. I was started at a quarter of a percent commission and was told that it would go up to 1% after 90 days. That was a lie. I was told I would get paid holidays right away as a full time employee. That was a lie. I was told that I would get monthly bonuses on top of commission. That was a lie. The store manager is not flexible at all if you have a second job and will purposely schedule you on the days you need off to make sure you lose that job. Its horrible.
Pros
Fun to work in the jewelry environment
Cons
Horrible management and benefits.
No work life balance
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Kay Jewelers is a great place for an 18 year old fresh out of high school who is not sure what they want to do with their life. There is no work life balance for anyone in management; this company requires their management team to work 12 hour days. The hourly pay is NOT a livable wage which makes it no surprise this company has a high turnover rate. Promotions are not based on merit but simply if you can sell.
Pros
Paid vacation for full timers
Cons
Poor pay, 12 hour shifts
fun and busy holiday seasons lots of money to be made
SALES ASSOCIATE (SHIFT LEADER) (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 8, 2019
typical day was greeting and helping customers find everything they was looking for. as well as letting them know I'm there to help them find the perfect gift possible.
Love the staff I work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Byron Center, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Staff is wonderful. But the bonuses are only good for upper management. Pay isn't very good even if the sales are awesome. The whole store must have a five stare to get a chance of a good bonus. When I was hired in. I was under the impression that the bonuses and commission was amazing. I was highly dissatisfied.
Pros
Love the people I work with.
Cons
Pay isn't what it is made out to be.
Exciting atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 6, 2019
Store manager is knowledgeable and very understanding. Hourly pay is low. Great discounts. Shifts go off of mall hours, typical retail times. Work/home life balance is hard.
Pros
Staff, commission, discounts
Cons
Turn over, hourly pay
Work for it
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARJanuary 5, 2019
If you work hard, you can do well. The harder you work, the more money you make. With that there are opportunities to move up. You can make a career out of this job. It comes with benefits and incentives.
Good working environment
JEWELRY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Working for Kay Jewelers is a place to learn and grow, starting as a part time employee I was able to learn the business and work with customers to fulfill their needs.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
only parttime
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Best part of the job is the people, getting to know them learning about different cultures. Helping people find exactly what they are looking for. store managers are down to earth and very understanding most of the time there is a small staff so you become family.
Pros
flexible work schedule, room to grow
Cons
commission sucks!
Okay Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  MIJanuary 4, 2019
Love/ hate job... As long as your numbers look good on paper they won't get rid of you. Part time employees are a joke. If the company has a 1500 dollar store goal the full timer is goaled 1200 and the part timer is goaled 300. They are part time not idiots. Yet if they sell a 1000 dollar engagement ring they'd be at 500% but if a full timer sold the same ring they'd be at 80% it's rediculous. Basicaly they can be total garbage employees and not know how to even use the computer but the company protects them cause ooo this person is doing so well they are at 500% of the month. And the pay is trash... and they make it impossible to get the comission you earned. Oh and you'll work every holiday, and every weekend.

The insurance is cheap and paid vacation for full timers.
Pros
Paid vacation, Travel expenses, Holiday pay, Contests
Cons
Low wages, Low comissions, Unsteady schedules
Helps gain professional experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJanuary 3, 2019
Kay requires that you dress professionally and act professionally. If you are new to business-professional enviornments it it a great place to learn. It is also a great place to learning selling tactics, how to meet sales goals, and team selling.

There is room to advance but it will require relocation and time.
The company does not value its people.
Third Key (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 31, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend working for this company because they do not value their team. There is a terrible lack of training and management is incredibly inconsistent from stroke level to district management.
Cons
Expensive benefits
Could be a better company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GADecember 31, 2018
management could be better. long hours, low pay, good discounts but the pay could be better. Insurance is too expensive. expectaions of goals is insane amazingly impossible.
Great benefits for managers
General Manager/District Manager in training (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 29, 2018
Kay Jewelers really takes care of its management team. They use to have a lot of training programs that were really fun and informational. Received a lot of certifications through Kay
Friendly staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHDecember 28, 2018
Nice store with friendly staff. I did not like the pushy sales tactics that were used by the company . I left because of the company politics and high stress.