Kay and Associates Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Técnico de Mantenimiento de aviones (Former Employee) –  Swanton, OHAugust 6, 2019
Amazing company to work for .Very employee oriented.Management is amazing and very responding to your needs. the atmosphere of work is great. Very attentive to details and quality.
Good environment
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAApril 11, 2019
Kay is the best company to ever work for.
The management is the best.
The lead s are great people love them.
I just need better benefits for my family
Pros
Good management
Cons
Better benefits. Health care
Logs and Records Technician
Logs and Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CADecember 30, 2018
Fun work environment. Great people to work with. Great pay and benefits. I enjoyed the ability to have holidays off and the supervisor was very flexible when it came to family and unforeseen circumstances.
Great Environment
Aircraft Worker (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 28, 2018
Good chances for advancement, very fast paced, but very fruitful work. Very well paid for the work that you do. Only downside is the physical aspect, every season and weather, you are outside.
great working environment
Mechanic 1 (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CADecember 10, 2018
KAI is a great place to work. Everyone is very helpful and always willing to teach. Management will go out of their way to make sure their employees are happy. There is always something to do, which makes for a fast shift.
F/A-18 Contract Kuwait
O Level Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Al Jaber Air Base KuwaitOctober 18, 2018
To begin with, there is NO oversight here in Kuwait so management condones and imposes questionable practices. There is a lot of grey area when dealing with legalities as management defers to Kuwait labor law when convenient and US labor law when convenient, there is no consistency. The working conditions are deplorable; run down and filthy work spaces, sporadic, semi-working air conditioning in the summer, no heat during winter months.
Overall, the job is fairly easy, but management seems to add layers of difficulty to everything. Management does little to nothing to ensure the well being of the workers. Upper management views workers as means to an end and do not solicit suggestions for improvement. I do not trust anyone in management and would not ask any managers for help if I needed it. In 3 years working here I have yet to meet the owner or site manager.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Poor Management, no Union Representation
kay and assoc
Logs and Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CAOctober 10, 2018
Good Company to work for and management treats you well. In addition the work is constant but not difficult to handle. I recommend working here for a contract job.
Pros
work hours
Cons
contract
Logs and Records Technician VTUAV MQ-8B/C (Former Employee) –  Point Mugu, CASeptember 17, 2018
Culture at kay and associates was great. Management helped in any way possible when a family emergency or work emergency came up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits and workplace culture
VQ-1 NAS Whidbey Island
Aircraft Mechanic 2 (Current Employee) –  Nas Whidbey, WASeptember 3, 2018
Laid back onsite management that takes care of their employees. Great money for the location, only a 10 minute commute.

Work place culture is good for the most part. The union was just voted in so the people that voted "no" are still upset and creating problems.

The retired senior enlisted still think they are active duty and sometimes have to be put in thier place
Pros
Easy money with a short commute
Cons
Owner is not employee friendly
Good Pay
Helicoper Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CAJuly 3, 2018
An excellent, professional organization to work for. Management on all levels very encouraging to junior level employees allowing for a high level of team success.
Pros
Excellent leadership, fair wages
Cons
No overtime, 3 shift cycles
fun place to work
UH-60 Helicopter Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 21, 2018
good place to work would recommend this place to most of my aviation friends who are in the aviation field. Management and supervisors are very experienced in uh60 field
Relaxed work environment with emphasis on order accuracy
Parts Puller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 16, 2018
Laid-back work space, self-paced for the most part, with more emphasis put on getting orders done RIGHT than getting them done quickly. Relaxed supervisors who are patient with newbie mistakes. The worst part of the job was the inability to switch to part time. The company (B+B Smartworx) apparently does not allow any part time workers. This makes it almost impossible to work and go to school. Also, being hired on with Kay & Associates does not guarantee that you ever become hired on with B+B Smartworx, but I would still recommend this company to others.
Pros
Occasional employee parties with food provided, relaxed atmosphere, laid-back people, casual dress, great 1st shift hours.
Cons
Somewhat disorganized Parts department, no part time availability, no guaranteed hire with the company
fun place to work
Aircraft Mechanic I (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAMarch 7, 2018
Working for Kay and Associates was fun. Every one on the job site got along for the most part. The biggest issue was the CEO of the company that flew in when we started to talk about a union.
Ok
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJanuary 17, 2018
Ok place to go through if needed it is what it is typically it is what you sign up for nothing more nothing less pretty decent an ok option. If needed .
Pros
Decent
Cons
Temp
Good Choice
Software Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 27, 2017
This company was a good choice if you are looking for a temp job or consulting job. They were able to work with my previous company and help me work more from home and keep a good salary.
Competative
Sheet Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXNovember 14, 2017
Competitive work place, with a steady flow of work. Friendly colleagues and managers. Close to home, and made spending time with my family easier and was able to attend events my kids were involved in.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Occasional Overnight Shift
CookTek fun and family atmosphere
Coil Station Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2017
My day included building sub-trays, spinning coils, putting adhesives on the coils and taping them down so they could dry. I also measured and cut the coils to required lengths. I enjoyed all parts of this job all the steps to building the sub-trays to the finshed product to pass on to the next phase.
Pros
Warm atmoshphere, raffles, potluck lunches, birthday celebrations and holiday parties
Cons
The company moved to Dallas Texas
Solid company.
GSE Worker (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJuly 20, 2017
Not too many negatives I can say about this job. Good benefits and good pay. Training leaves something to be desired and there seems to be a culture of favoritism.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Hypocrasy among the management and favoritism.
Work is great, managers another story
Aerospace Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJuly 5, 2017
Work is easy. Managers at site are at times stuck back in the 1960. They resist change to new ideas from younger workers. There response is we didn't need that when we were doing that job.
Pros
Free Shirts
Cons
Managment
This company failed in Beeville
Lead Instructor and Master Composite Technician (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXApril 28, 2017
Was not happy with the company as a whole. I really don't wish to expound. I provided a service as best as possible. This is all I can and will say about my tenure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kay and Associates. Our community is ready to answer.