Kaycan Employee Reviews

Kaycan
Warehouse Lead/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 24, 2018
Kaycan was a good place to work except for the manager who didnt like black ppl. She is located at the Greenville SC store many ppl have heard her say racist comments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 4, 2018
please note, I have no desire to rate this company or it's practices. I do not recommend this company to anyone. I endured many issues with this company.
Enjoyable
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2018
With recent changes in the Home Office Management team we have seen in increased empowerment in the supply centers! Kaycan has implemented new programs and systems that have made a difference! Great people and management truly listens to your suggestions!

We make terrific building products and Kaycan has grown it’s online prescence as well as its brand recognition. Great company to work for and proud of our accomplishments! If you want to find success you must work hard and be a brand ambassador!
Pros
Team environment, work life balance, benefits
Cons
If you are a hard worker and a team player there are none!
Cool work environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 16, 2018
I learned how to pull orders here. It was a great work experience for me because you should always feel different jobs bring something new to the table.
Pros
Work space
Cons
Slow paced
Kaycan
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Richford, VTJuly 20, 2018
A typical day at work starts with me making labels for the next boxes I am gonna make after I take over for the other people. Hardest part of my job is keeping up with the pace but I have gotten so used of the fast pace. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing my labels.
Pros
Easy once you get used to it
ok place to work
Credit and Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJuly 3, 2018
This was an ok place to work. They were not the most organized company. Alot of things done at the last minute, It made it difficult to wotrk.
Pros
people were nice
Cons
Sometime difficult to get things done
Stable company without a clue
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 16, 2018
You will be working for an accounting firm that manufacturers vinyl and alum products. Middle management has as much authority as lower level managers(almost none) necessitating every quote/question/request must be passed up the chain of command. This division is the red headed stepchild of the overall company and is treated as such.
Pros
Good Work/Life balance
Cons
No articulated strategy for growth.
South Hadley MA
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  South Hadley, MAFebruary 28, 2018
Micro managed to death.The job is easy but you have to deal with people that just enjoy making your life unpleasant...................................
Pros
end of the day
Cons
having a boss always on your back
Very fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 24, 2018
Every day was great. The radio plays a new song, the truck comes in, and the day begins. It was a team effort to unload the containers, and everyone who worked there filled their roles.
Second Fiddle
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 30, 2018
Working with this company is a double edged sword. The products are well made however the customer service and decision making is lacking in both speed and consistency.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Decision making
slow business.
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Poor management!
warehouse is dirty and outdated.
long days, poor business
if your not liked they will look to get rid of you.
customers always complain about this company.
Cons
Company is known to demote people instead of promoting.
Good company
Warehouse Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Very good company to work for. Awesome staff. Best managers. Good work environment. Its like a family. Never felt one day like I didn't belong there. Highly recommend
Warehouse Job
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Very easy job if you enjoy being in a warehouse. Must be level minded and organized. Able to lift and store product. Warehouse work alone, Overall this is a good company for someone who doesn't have many responsibilities.
Pros
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun enjoyable workplace with a routine that allows for flexibility
Window, Door, and core product sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 10, 2017
The world manufacturing leader in aluminum sheet metal vinyl siding building products. Canadian based company with 52 branches through the USA. You will answer phones and help guide customers to the products that can fulfill each project from state to finish. Coordinate with management to help build sales and find innovative ways to bring new customers to the understanding of the Kaycan brand.
Pros
Paid holidays and vacation time
Cons
No commission on sales even with window and door sales!
poor
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Far from home. Only forty hours per week with little and expensive benefits. Low pay for driving a class b vehicle into San Antonio, Louisiana and Dallas with a Questionable vehicle that is very hard to get repairs for by mgmt.
Wish it would have worked out
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 30, 2017
Started this B@B sales job at the height of the 2008 recession, and just could not get the territory off the ground, not for lack of trying, but for a lot of reasons. Unrealistic sales goals were set, competitive pricing was not available etc.
Pros
Great boss
Great hard working people work here. They are very unappreciated.
Corporate Branch (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTAugust 14, 2017
Micro management from some departments at the Corp level. The people for the most part are very hard working and dedicated to the company. Some of upper management lacks faith in their workers in my opinion. The benefits are very affordable, but the pay is not so great for branch employees and they are the ones dealing with the customers and the materials. Management is very understanding when it comes to family/work balance.
Pros
Affordable Benefits
Cons
Lack of faith in employees abilities to do their jobs. Micro management.
Good working atmosphere, helpful staff
HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williston VTJune 14, 2017
I was recently hired as HR admininstrative assistant. Staff is friendly, hardworking and veryhelpful. Convenient location off Williston exit I-89, shopping, and Burlington/Lake Champlain are just a short jaunt away.
Good hours of operation, but could promote more with in.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 5, 2017
Worked with the company for 8 years. I felt I wasn't given a opportunity to advance due to age. I was qualified with the knowledge of the company and the products more so than other salesmen. The hours worked was nice working Monday through Friday. The pay could of been better, but I think with taking this job out of high school just prepared me with the working force.
Relaxed environment and friendly coworkers.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTApril 6, 2017
Relaxed work environment with business casual dress. Coworkers are friendly and thoughtful. Several group participation activities scheduled through the year, (like pot lucks and Survivor pool) to build personal relationships and, let's face it, just for some entertainment, but it's fun, allowed, and even management participates! Benefits are good, health, dental, 401K match, vacation/sick time, long-term disability, life insurance, and eight paid holidays. Management is good, expectations are attainable, and work hours are flexible to accommodate personal/family responsibilities. Overall the best management I've worked for in my entire career.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, friendly, and good benefits.
Cons
Benefits could be improved (short-term disability, flex plan)