Kayem Foods, Inc. Employee Reviews

every day i learn some new
Warehouse/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2018
i was very happy there cos they let me make my own decitions.
it was a very good experience for me and im forever thankfull for the way theyve treat me.
Very dedicated personnel, fantastic benefits.
Buyer (Procurement) (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 17, 2018
On par with the meat foodstuffs producing industry; fantastic benefits package (health and 401k); wonderful people; promote to lead/supervisory positions from within; provide English language teaching to interested employees; tuition reimbursements offered; participate in charitable events; annual off-site team-building events.
Pros
Peers; benefits
Cons
Location; parking
Great company culture
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAApril 9, 2018
It was a good company to work at. I enjoyed working there and the employees were great to work with. It is great to see that as an employer they are able to offer some of the old time benefits that larger employers are not able to. Such as a ham for Easter, a box of meat for the 4th of July and a gift card at Thanksgiving to help with the food/dessert purchases for dinner. These little gifts mean a lot to their employees as larger companies do not acknowledge these holidays or even provide employees with these types of gifts for employees and their families. They also have a summer even where employees are allowed to bring their families to and it is a big success. Food, games, prizes and T-shirts are provided depending on the venue.
Pros
Great people to work with. Culture and benefits.
Cons
Lack of training, staff per role and room for growth.
productive
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMarch 28, 2018
good place to work just i think that i hoped more trainning about the equipment because there are many differents department and machines and it is more difficult to solve a problem.
Pros
more trainnings
Cons
weather is hard
Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAMarch 19, 2018
Employees have been there for years. Its a family friendly company that truly cares for thier employees. Great place to work. I would go back there for a permanent position.
Pros
Outside Boston, work-life balance, casual atmosphere
Cons
Not many
Busy but not overwhelming
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, Mass USAJanuary 17, 2018
enjoyed working there, learned a lot about packaging equipment. enjoyed working with everyone employed there. management was good they listened to your concerns and looked into it to see if things could be changed in order to make the business run smoother.
Pros
ability to grow and learn
Exlente. Empresa. Para. Crecer
Sanatation masage operation spice ensamble (Current Employee) –  SpicerooDecember 7, 2017
Buenos. Tiempos. Para. Aprender y desarrollar ses
Pros
Si
Cons
6dias laborales
stressful place
Shipping and receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAOctober 28, 2017
different rules for different people. no real oppurtuniy for advancement. they only care about production. they only look after family members of the company.
Meat Packer (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJuly 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Kayem Foods, it was a fast-paced job, and I learned lots of skills while I was there. The benefits were good and the pay was good too.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Most of the good workers would always leave after a week or month at most.
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 23, 2017
Unfortunately they have a hard time keeping good workers,which taxes and wears down the few good workers they have left.The job can get stressful since a lot of temps are going in and out the door at a good clip.
Pros
The work is non stop.
Cons
The benefits kind of stink, the pay isn't that great either.Also, if your a great hard worker then be prepared to do most if not all of the hard work.
Fun Actice Workplace
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2016
It is a great place to learn how to interact with people. Upbeat workplace with high upside and constant activity. Co-workers were friendly, and there aren't any hard parts of the job.
The job requires self-management and attention to details.
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chelsea, MAAugust 26, 2015
One of the things I've learned is to perform my duties and excel without having the supervisor manage me. It was challenging because this is a fast paced business and mistakes need to be minimal to none otherwise you could lose inventory or even customers. Also, i had to help my co-workers with their portion of the job in order to have it shipped out while promoting customer satisfaction.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to work without much supervision while complying with safety and ethical guidelines imposed by the company and the government agencies.
Pros
Holiday pay, good supervisor.
Cons
Working shift, distribution of work among shifts.
Fun enviroment
Dem (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAAugust 14, 2013
It is an outstanding company. You get to meet alot of very outstanding people in the sports & entertainment field who are regular people. My co-workers are fantastic. The management is great. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with both employees for the company as well as the people I meet during the events