KBE Building Corporation Employee Reviews

It was a good place prior to 2007. It all changed when senior management purchased the company.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmingron CtOctober 20, 2018
Was a great place prior to senior management purchase of the company. After that the culture changed. It was evident that they didnt value people for hard work and results.
Clear and honest communication ceased. People clearly found out that the idea of a KBE family was a myth.
No matter what you had done to advance the company it mattered not.
Pros
Decent pay. Good amout of vacation.
Cons
New upper management were not honest. Two faced. Not authentic.
Management lacks, HR came too late..
Assistant Project Coordinator/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 1, 2018
Brutal 3 weeks in a position missing key ingredients to successfully train in this job Administration was absent and aware of flaws with training schedule.

By 2nd week it was clear I was cooked. I am experienced in the industry and was taken abandoned until HR stepped but it was too late..damage done.

The cliquey group of womrn made it awkward amd while at first they were friendly, but it changed when I was bounced around willingly but not happily, trained in backwards steps.. Mind you broken equipment, missing passwords to key software. Horrible IT says busy but clearly isn't, guy doesn't know how ro set up monitors correctly, reprimanded me for fixing my settings for my vision and put it back, left new equipment sitting next to my desk for days while I continue to struggle with a broken Monitor and a tiny laptop as my equipment I had to ask several times was a disaster as a new employee and I had a sour feeling my first day when I saw NOTHING at the new desk.

My boss coming in and leaving early, on vacation. It was a mess. I DO appreciate the company's charitable nature, etc., I really regret that I wasn't able to interview for another department maybe that would have been better, but maybe not.
Pros
3pm friday's all year
Cons
Cliquey, Poor IT and Administration Management
Management not so good
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTOctober 26, 2016
Dont express you feelings to make your job a better place. Warning.

This is a large company so dont expect all personalities to get along, this at times can be cutthroat.
A nice place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 20, 2012
Working for KBE was filled with many interesting days. Combined with the personal character of the personnel, going to work daily always promised to be exciting.
Pros
competative pay
Cons
doesn't practice fairness or eoe, poor communications
Typical Day At work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 29, 2012
Coordinate with project team and make sure all construction plans are in compliance and the project is running smoothly
Strong educational programs and very supportive of community
Certified Safety Professional (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 4, 2012
Long hours but very fulfilling and productive work. Strong and supportive team.
Commitment to doing a safe and great job.
Pros
strong team
Cons
Company has suffered during the downturn in the economy
Information Technology & Systems (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 2, 2012
Company was purchased by the Senior Management. KBE has been the target of the Carpenters Union. While other construction companies seem to be re-gaining ground, KBE continues to let employees go as of 2011.
Pros
employee profit sharing
Cons
not a solid company in current financial climate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBE Building Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

KBE Building Corporation Reviews by Location