KBP Foods Employee Reviews

Working for KBP is too stressful. It's more about the bottom line than it is about team work and caring about the good leaders that run the store.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 16, 2018
KBP should listen to the managers who work hard every day and care about the team members and customers who come to work every day and give 110%. The benefits for long time employees are terrible. KBP should just care more.
Fun work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 12, 2018
Need more stability. People need to communicate more during shift so we know what is going on. Some stores are great to work at but a store manager with a poor attitude only brings the store down.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No enough insurance
Dont apply
KFC/Taco Bell (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 27, 2018
Absolutely the worst place to work kbp foods does not treat their employees well at all don't hire you full-time but only put you part-time so they don't even have to offer you benefits I don't ever recommending working for any store that is under kbp Foods
Pros
No pros
Kbp foods
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 26, 2018
A typical day at work was very busy at some hours and it was relaxing. We didnt have alot of team work but as I worked with others I gave alot of team work in my job. My co workers and me got along very well
Fast paced workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 21, 2018
Enjoyed my time, but like any food company faults in upper management made it difficult to have fun. management has changed since I worked there, given the chance I'd probably go back.
bad and behind
KFC Team Member (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 20, 2018
people where always behind always making me take their task and where always behind with the food being stocked I would not recommend working their or eating their most of the time the buffet is a mess
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Basically a family that pays you.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLJune 14, 2018
The managers were nice, you could get free food, and the employees were all like family. The job could be tough, but it was worth it in the end. You could make a mistake, but instead of yelling or getting mad at you, our manager would help out with whatever it is you may be struggling on. You could blast your music in the back while working or even just sit there and talk from time to time. It was a fast paced job that did require some hard work, but our managers were pushing for us all to get raises. Would go back if I could.
Pros
Friendliest atmostphere in any job
Cons
Sometimes difficult tasks
Stressful, bad management, and
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 5, 2018
Busy, lot of customers. I learned that the management was poor. Task deliberation was confusing and very stressful at times. Constant switching from task to task, because the management had to few people working. The culture of the place didn't fit in with me at all. The hardest part of the job was the constant interpretation of orders from the management. The most enjoyable part was the 25 minute break I took in which I could sit down and relax.
Pros
Free meals every shift, flexible hours, and potential to be fun once acclimated
Cons
Lack of benefits, food stock is low, low amount of personnel, and bad management
Its Ok
KFC Team Member (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJune 1, 2018
could use some upgrades new equipment but other than that it's Pretty good place to work at People are nice an easy to get along with Just like a family
Harsh atmosphere
CoManager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 21, 2018
Being told things would be a priority then they are brushed to the side. The regional coach kept saying how things were being done then they were left undone. I didn't even get paid for my hours worked. It's been a major hassle.
Pros
Free lunch if you worked long enough
Cons
Poor regional and management teams with no drive
They do not walk the Talk
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2018
RVP will step on your neck to make $1. Gives you lip service and will never come through for you unless you cheat to make him look good to KBP leaders. His phrase love on your people is just words....he only loves on top performers and will not support anyone else. Labor expectations are insane. When all the people that bought into this. Company get their buy out when its sold and owner goes to work for KFC corp all of the little people will be thrown under bus again. They truly don't care about people....only $$. Circle of Excelence is a joke. Good luck if you stay a d beware if you apply.....
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership Area Coach on up...owner has lost touch
"Tyler Broadway KFC" is very pushy, and rude to everyone.
Front Counter, Prep, Drive (Former Employee) –  Tyler BroadwayMay 14, 2018
Intimidated to hurry and clock out because you are too long on their clock, tell customers to hurry because they are taking too long placing an order or obtaining their food, constantly reminded you how to do every little task and do it faster. "Tyler Broadway KFC" is very pushy, and rude to everyone.

Their customer survey numbers prove this. Oh, they will ask you to use your own phone every two weeks to fake customer surveys.
Pros
150 dollars a week
Cons
one day notice flipping you from days to nights
Sometimes fun, often stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bonner Springs, KSApril 20, 2018
I worked here mainly over the summer, although I started with a part-time position in mid-April while I was still in school. I needed a summer job and it provided that. Unfortunately, due to poor management we were often understaffed. Fridays and Saturdays had the most customers, as expected, but the least amount of staff. The store needs more people, however the only new employees they managed to hire often didn't know what to do or just didn't care enough to do anything right. The manager was a good man and always tried his hardest to do everything right, but too often his employees couldn't be bothered to do their job right.
Pros
Free meal on long shifts
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed
Manageable workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 3, 2018
Better management it will be better, needs a lot of work. Not coordinated too, many bosses not enough employees. , It could be a whole lot better. Overall it is okay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place
Kfc shift manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2018
Kfc is a very great company to work for nice people good payas a shift manager its a good job i have to make sure im opening a clean stop i have to make sure i have product at all times
Fast Paced job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMarch 26, 2018
Very fast paced job but if you have a good team it can be a very fun place to work. Good management team that was very good at training. The hardest part is probably the rushes.
Pros
Free lunches and Flexible hours
General Managers / Human Resources Department
Cashier (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 18, 2018
General Managers are not properly trained on how to lead and work employees especially employees with disabilites. CEO need to explain why? And fix the problem. Human resources department need to be trained on how to respect the employees when employees reach out. The employee's / team members all need to feel valued. Stop treating them as money. Bad leadership is contagious. Everything rises and falls on leadership. Allow someone with a disability to be on your leadership team. If this problem were to be fixed, KBP Foods, would be a awesome company. I would love to be part of the leadership team. I'll definitely bring this issue to the KFC brand. Hopefully my speaking up as a leader will help.
Pros
Dont know
Cons
General Managers are not properly trained on how to work with, and lead employees who have disabilities..
Nice place to work nice co workers but bad attitude workers you gotta learn how to control your mouth
KFC/Taco Bell (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2018
Just stay focused and listen to your managers work hard and have good customer service control your temper always have a good attitude customers always right so just remember that
No life, no family, the lies
Area Coach (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2018
This company will tell you they want you to have a work-life balance. This is not the case. They require you to work crazy hours and it i at the request of RVP
Pros
huge company with opportunity
Cons
ASL is impossible and have crazy expectations
Slave drivers
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 12, 2018
Good people to work with but the company are slave drivers. Cant keep people so the people that stay end up working like slaves. Pay is good. Customers act crazy over chicken. Overall my experience there wasn't awful and I would go back if I had to. Opportunities are endless and they are very fair when it comes to advancement.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No break for managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBP Foods. Our community is ready to answer.