KBRwyle Employee Reviews

good company lack of management
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 2, 2018
Overall good compnay there are just certain things I would change. As in not terming people who have been there over 10 years or more for service and who get all 5's on their work. Some people who are in a department they need to get rid of some of the upper management and not get into people business of what or where they are going. Got screwed out of a bunch of money when i left.
I wish I could have stay
Trilogiq febrication Tech (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 2, 2018
I was only a temp But I wish I could have stay there, I like working there it was close to my home and I didn't have to get on the freeway to get to work, The hours I had was good 5am to 1:30pm which was cool, If I had to do over I would go in ahas a good timer and not a temp
Pros
I like it
Cons
I was a temp
non competitive wage rates
Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 31, 2018
KBRwyle is out for the $. Bottom line. They want the most from the employee for the cheapest dollar possible. They will attempt to degrade the job title in order to make this happen. They will hide behind "policy" in order to keep wage scale low as possible. There are worse companies out there, but not much worse.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay, high benefit costs, keep bad employees
Great Opportunities
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2018
KBRwyle allowed me to quickly progress through several levels of management. I feel that there are other opportunities as I continue to develop my program management skills.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Large company
Kbrwyle
PCI Processor (Supply) (Former Employee) –  KWJuly 18, 2018
Working for KBRwyle, was very stressful and demanding. The hard part of the day was being there for hour sitting behind a computer and dealing with customer from day in a out.
Its A Job
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 12, 2018
Get paid every two weeks. Able to get many thing accomplished while on the clock, find ground faults and shorts. Get federal holidays off and paid vacation.
SME II/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 1, 2018
Fun, relaxed, motivated to try my best. This was a great place to work. The management was great, and they did their best to try to keep the team atmosphere alive.
Pros
Experience
productive stress free work environment
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 31, 2018
stress free and productive place to work. Always looking to grow and get more work. Flexible work hours is the best part of the job. Management isn't standing over you while you work.
Fast paced and individual work environment
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
Most of the year there is opportunity to make more money than normal. There is plenty of traveling involved which can be both satisfying and stressful. Job knowledge is a must and working alone is encouraged.
Relaxed but can be intense
Field Service Engineer/17M Aerostat Operator (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXMay 15, 2018
I work on a Homeland Security/Border Patrol contract so there isn't much I can describe about my job considering it requires a clearance. However, the atmosphere is relaxed but can be fast paced at times. I would never call my job stressful though.
Pros
Compensation, Flexibility, Paid Days off
Cons
7 day workweeks, 12 hour days
What a joke
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 12, 2018
Everyone is on there cell phones all day or talking to each other or about other people and they wonder why things are messed up. The lack of integrity and motivation is horrible.
Very professional environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 9, 2018
KBRwyle has been the place to work. They have allowed me to work independently as well as in a group environment.
I have meant very professional and friendly people and I would love to come to work.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Moving company
Great company
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMay 9, 2018
KBRwyle has many opportunities, and is great company to work for. They offer great benefits and pay package. They also offer positions conus and oconus.
Science & Technology Advisor
Science and Technology Advisor/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 18, 2018
This was a SETA job, working at the US Army G-38, Pentagon. Worked in direct support of the Division head on various Improvised Explosive Defeat (IED) technologies. Worked on various classified projects, including Intelligence Community related. Also worked in support of CENTCOM related projects.
EPA office in Atlanta
Sr. Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Office environment. I was the PBX Admin which was great. Would recommend working there to anyone. Learn alot about political life and life around the politicians.
A great place to work
Operations - Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCApril 8, 2018
I enjoy my job and am grateful for the positive work environment that I spend so much time in. We work 4 10 hour days although I'm an exempt employee (salary) so my day is a little more flexible which greatly helps with my work life balance.
Pros
New projects all the time, constant learning
Cons
Benefits for hourly employees are expensive
Good place to start in government contract work, but do not stay too long.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 7, 2018
Work varies from incredibly slow to impossibly fast to meet deadlines. People get pigeonholed into working for their customers and are not allowed to change to different projects. This results in not being able to perform to the best needs of self or customer.. The purchase by KBR is changing the culture. You are just a warm body that generates income for the company. Small, infrequent raises, low scale benefits, and no paths to promotion are the norm. KBR's non-disclosure, non-compete agreement makes you an intellectual slave to the company. Any idea you have, even if not related to the company, belongs to the company. Creative intellectuals should steer clear. Engineers are assigned to Program managers (PM) who range from competent and helpful, to indifferent and uncaring, to tyrannical meddlers who want to hijack your project. Your PM can make your job a pleasure or drudgery.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, mediocre benefits, small infrequent raises, no chance for promotion, little job growth.
Working at KBRWyle
Sr. Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDApril 6, 2018
A typical day at work is doing your job well with little supervision. Being able to know what to do everyday, without being told what needs to be done. Keeping your customers informed while working with them to complete projects.
Pros
Working well as a team or individually.
Cons
Can get hectic work wise and being able to keep up the pace.
Very relax atmosphere to work
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2018
My experience thus far has been outstanding, my supervisor has been involved with our tasking from the start and is well engaged. Working for this company has been a good experience, Its overall culture with government as well with civil contracts has been outstanding.
Wyle
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 17, 2018
* interacting with engineers
* copy disks
* all but the personal was great.
* friendly and supportive
* keeping my mouth shut, while I was being blamed for something I did not do.
* meeting new people from around the world
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Doing personal work due to they did not like doing the work but took the credit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBRwyle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight