KBRwyle Employee Reviews

Company is ok to work for but there is room for improvement
Shipboard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SaipanSeptember 25, 2018
Look at ways to minimize family separation time. Majority of the workers are retired military who have served and been separated from family. If you want to retain these type of individuals you have to either compensate them better or look at way to minimize family separation time.
Pros
Ability to traval see foreign countries.
Cons
Family seperation and time at sea
Interesting management style
Metrology Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Good place to work lots of job security in the Metrology department Plenty of upcoming potential for growth
Expect to put in a good days work for a good days pay
A lot of nonsense takes place at the top..
Maintenance Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I get the impression that management is jockeying for the one upsmanship. All the managers that I have met, tend to throw one another under the bus when given the opportunity. Trust factor is non existent.
Pros
Employed
Cons
Not many companies in this area pay this amount... Reason most people stay..
Cutthroat w/ no advancement
Material Handler/Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Anniston, AL 36201August 25, 2018
KBRWyle (Anniston) upper management (PM) is horrible. They don’t know what’s going on, on the floor. They have favorites (literally people who can say anything to them and they {upper management} will automatically believe). You have to bust your tail in order to have enough money to keep your head above water. Pay rate is EXTREMELY LOW for the type of workload that is done there. They have people who are making $5-$7 more (with no High School diploma) than with people with a college degree. There’s ABSOLUTELY NO growth in the company. The company here is mainly females with 3-4 males (including the supervisor), so the males are stretched thin. The overall of the company is just to much with little pay. The Benefits are TERRIBLE, and EXTREMELY to HIGH.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, No Micromanaging
Cons
Low Pay, High Workload, High Benefits, No trust
Agrivating workplace.
Lead Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I love what I do. The workplace culture is pretty cutthroat, you constantly feel the need to look over your shoulder. Upper management rarely makes themselves visible to the workforce. The hardest part of the job is getting materials. There seems to be a lot of unskilled workers in that area.
Pros
Free billeting and meals
Cons
No after hours lifestyle.
Good company, I learned alot while there
Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  California, MDAugust 19, 2018
I did a few different jobs while with Wyle. Best one was traveling to Indonesia for a 6 month contract to modify helicopters for Indonesian Army. Second best was travelk to Harrisburg, Pa for aircraft modifications on US Airforce birds.
Pros
Got to travel
good company lack of management
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 2, 2018
Overall good compnay there are just certain things I would change. As in not terming people who have been there over 10 years or more for service and who get all 5's on their work. Some people who are in a department they need to get rid of some of the upper management and not get into people business of what or where they are going. Got screwed out of a bunch of money when i left.
I wish I could have stay
Trilogiq febrication Tech (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 2, 2018
I was only a temp But I wish I could have stay there, I like working there it was close to my home and I didn't have to get on the freeway to get to work, The hours I had was good 5am to 1:30pm which was cool, If I had to do over I would go in ahas a good timer and not a temp
Pros
I like it
Cons
I was a temp
non competitive wage rates
Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 31, 2018
KBRwyle is out for the $. Bottom line. They want the most from the employee for the cheapest dollar possible. They will attempt to degrade the job title in order to make this happen. They will hide behind "policy" in order to keep wage scale low as possible. There are worse companies out there, but not much worse.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay, high benefit costs, keep bad employees
Great Opportunities
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2018
KBRwyle allowed me to quickly progress through several levels of management. I feel that there are other opportunities as I continue to develop my program management skills.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Large company
Kbrwyle
PCI Processor (Supply) (Former Employee) –  KWJuly 18, 2018
Working for KBRwyle, was very stressful and demanding. The hard part of the day was being there for hour sitting behind a computer and dealing with customer from day in a out.
Its A Job
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 12, 2018
Get paid every two weeks. Able to get many thing accomplished while on the clock, find ground faults and shorts. Get federal holidays off and paid vacation.
SME II/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 1, 2018
Fun, relaxed, motivated to try my best. This was a great place to work. The management was great, and they did their best to try to keep the team atmosphere alive.
Pros
Experience
productive stress free work environment
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 31, 2018
stress free and productive place to work. Always looking to grow and get more work. Flexible work hours is the best part of the job. Management isn't standing over you while you work.
Fast paced and individual work environment
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 17, 2018
Most of the year there is opportunity to make more money than normal. There is plenty of traveling involved which can be both satisfying and stressful. Job knowledge is a must and working alone is encouraged.
Relaxed but can be intense
Field Service Engineer/17M Aerostat Operator (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXMay 15, 2018
I work on a Homeland Security/Border Patrol contract so there isn't much I can describe about my job considering it requires a clearance. However, the atmosphere is relaxed but can be fast paced at times. I would never call my job stressful though.
Pros
Compensation, Flexibility, Paid Days off
Cons
7 day workweeks, 12 hour days
What a joke
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 12, 2018
Everyone is on there cell phones all day or talking to each other or about other people and they wonder why things are messed up. The lack of integrity and motivation is horrible.
Very professional environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 9, 2018
KBRwyle has been the place to work. They have allowed me to work independently as well as in a group environment.
I have meant very professional and friendly people and I would love to come to work.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Moving company
Great company
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMay 9, 2018
KBRwyle has many opportunities, and is great company to work for. They offer great benefits and pay package. They also offer positions conus and oconus.
Science & Technology Advisor
Science and Technology Advisor/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 18, 2018
This was a SETA job, working at the US Army G-38, Pentagon. Worked in direct support of the Division head on various Improvised Explosive Defeat (IED) technologies. Worked on various classified projects, including Intelligence Community related. Also worked in support of CENTCOM related projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBRwyle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight