KBRwyle Employee Reviews

Science & Technology Advisor
Science and Technology Advisor/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 18, 2018
This was a SETA job, working at the US Army G-38, Pentagon. Worked in direct support of the Division head on various Improvised Explosive Defeat (IED) technologies. Worked on various classified projects, including Intelligence Community related. Also worked in support of CENTCOM related projects.
EPA office in Atlanta
Sr. Telecom Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Office environment. I was the PBX Admin which was great. Would recommend working there to anyone. Learn alot about political life and life around the politicians.
A great place to work
Operations - Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCApril 8, 2018
I enjoy my job and am grateful for the positive work environment that I spend so much time in. We work 4 10 hour days although I'm an exempt employee (salary) so my day is a little more flexible which greatly helps with my work life balance.
Pros
New projects all the time, constant learning
Cons
Benefits for hourly employees are expensive
Good place to start in government contract work, but do not stay too long.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 7, 2018
Work varies from incredibly slow to impossibly fast to meet deadlines. People get pigeonholed into working for their customers and are not allowed to change to different projects. This results in not being able to perform to the best needs of self or customer.. The purchase by KBR is changing the culture. You are just a warm body that generates income for the company. Small, infrequent raises, low scale benefits, and no paths to promotion are the norm. KBR's non-disclosure, non-compete agreement makes you an intellectual slave to the company. Any idea you have, even if not related to the company, belongs to the company. Creative intellectuals should steer clear. Engineers are assigned to Program managers (PM) who range from competent and helpful, to indifferent and uncaring, to tyrannical meddlers who want to hijack your project. Your PM can make your job a pleasure or drudgery.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, mediocre benefits, small infrequent raises, no chance for promotion, little job growth.
Working at KBRWyle
Sr. Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDApril 6, 2018
A typical day at work is doing your job well with little supervision. Being able to know what to do everyday, without being told what needs to be done. Keeping your customers informed while working with them to complete projects.
Pros
Working well as a team or individually.
Cons
Can get hectic work wise and being able to keep up the pace.
Very relax atmosphere to work
Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2018
My experience thus far has been outstanding, my supervisor has been involved with our tasking from the start and is well engaged. Working for this company has been a good experience, Its overall culture with government as well with civil contracts has been outstanding.
Wyle
PBX Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 17, 2018
* interacting with engineers
* copy disks
* all but the personal was great.
* friendly and supportive
* keeping my mouth shut, while I was being blamed for something I did not do.
* meeting new people from around the world
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Doing personal work due to they did not like doing the work but took the credit
Salary
Shipboard Ordanace Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 10, 2018
The company does not pay enough. And the time off is not enough. You spend more time away from youre family. Its not worth it in the long run. Stay away from Shipboard.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Configuration Management / Requirements Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEMarch 6, 2018
Government Contractor support major command systems development and delivery. Provided the organization with Configuration Management Engineering expertise as well as Requirement Engineering processes.
Great Place to work
RCM Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 5, 2018
Really good place to work. the only thing that is bad, is that when contract time comes up, you don't know if you will have a job. Other than that great group of guys to work with.
Don't think on your own
LOGISTICS SUPPLY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi Naval Air station, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Micro managed, can't think for yourself. I'm sure in other locations there is room for advancement and cross training but not here.

Get an annual review saying how great your doing, but nothing ever changes to be able to apply yourself.
good experience
Maintenance Reliability Analyst (Former Employee) –  Yermo, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Working for Wyle was different experience. The work pace was different to what I was used to, my old work pace was fast and demanding. Working in a warehouse environment was more slower pace.
Pros
different challenge in a warehouse environment
Cons
Extremely hot in the summer and extremely cold in the winter
It was a goo contract.
METCAL Fleet Support Team Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDFebruary 14, 2018
Job was decent; pay was decent; job was far from the DC area though. Just be aware that the job works a lot better if you currently reside in the Charles, Calvert or St Mary's county area.
Pros
Good pay with decent PTO options
Cons
Very far from the Wash DC Metro area; no public transportation options
Disappointing
Sr. Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDFebruary 13, 2018
Unfortunately, lack of competent management put staff in a predicament with the customer causing eventual release. This was due to poor planning and budget constraints,
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Unqualified managers.
Good employer but needs improvement
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 13, 2018
Slightly dysfunctional management structure. Very top heavy. After HTSI sale to KBRwyle there was a lot of confusion across the board. Policies are slowly transitioning to KBRwyle away from a Honeywell mindset.
production
Maintence Trades Helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for KBRWyle, but management didn't like me. I did everything that was asked of me and never got a thank you or etc. You are either In crowd or out-crowd
Pros
good pay
Cons
not being liked so
Great company but cheap.
E3 Technician (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 12, 2018
Title says it all. The only reason anyone would leave is the pay is absurdly low in comparison to other job titles. My current role is of about 3 different jobs in one and I'm comparably underpaid for either one of those roles.
Pros
Relaxed, great boss.
Cons
Pay
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDFebruary 6, 2018
My time at Wyle was very eye opening in regards to being in a work environment again. I had my own daycare business for many years and it was a transition. I feel that management held me back in my potential and though I have a family reason to leave there I am glad I pursued a new career path and stayed home to care for my father in law.
Pros
Very high salary
Cons
Management and growth potential
Productive and fun workplace where colleagues bounce ideas off one another
AE Registry Developer (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OH 45431February 3, 2018
I gleaned a level of professionalism from colleagues, and upper and mid-level management that also kept me results focused, and product-driven on our day-to-day projects.
The work wasn't difficult.
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2018
The work wasn't difficult. I would recommend it for others who wouldn't mind working in Norway. The locations of the work makes it somewhat difficult to live there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBRwyle. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight