KBRwyle Employee Reviews

Cutthroat w/ no advancement
Material Handler/Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Anniston, AL 36201August 25, 2018
KBRWyle (Anniston) upper management (PM) is horrible. They don’t know what’s going on, on the floor. They have favorites (literally people who can say anything to them and they {upper management} will automatically believe). You have to bust your tail in order to have enough money to keep your head above water. Pay rate is EXTREMELY LOW for the type of workload that is done there. They have people who are making $5-$7 more (with no High School diploma) than with people with a college degree. There’s ABSOLUTELY NO growth in the company. The company here is mainly females with 3-4 males (including the supervisor), so the males are stretched thin. The overall of the company is just to much with little pay. The Benefits are TERRIBLE, and EXTREMELY to HIGH.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, No Micromanaging
Cons
Low Pay, High Workload, High Benefits, No trust
Disappointed
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2018
While it may seem like a good place to work, especially those with a military background, there is very little to almost no advancement. There is no training to help you advance professionally or even any type of mentoring. Work days are long for exempt employees and you are expected to work and only get comp time. Very little opportunity for management to get any overtime pay. If you are not part of the inner circle you will not get the next step in management.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good place to start in government contract work, but do not stay too long.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 7, 2018
Work varies from incredibly slow to impossibly fast to meet deadlines. People get pigeonholed into working for their customers and are not allowed to change to different projects. This results in not being able to perform to the best needs of self or customer.. The purchase by KBR is changing the culture. You are just a warm body that generates income for the company. Small, infrequent raises, low scale benefits, and no paths to promotion are the norm. KBR's non-disclosure, non-compete agreement makes you an intellectual slave to the company. Any idea you have, even if not related to the company, belongs to the company. Creative intellectuals should steer clear. Engineers are assigned to Program managers (PM) who range from competent and helpful, to indifferent and uncaring, to tyrannical meddlers who want to hijack your project. Your PM can make your job a pleasure or drudgery.
Pros
Friendly co-workers.
Cons
Low pay, mediocre benefits, small infrequent raises, no chance for promotion, little job growth.
Agrivating workplace.
Lead Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I love what I do. The workplace culture is pretty cutthroat, you constantly feel the need to look over your shoulder. Upper management rarely makes themselves visible to the workforce. The hardest part of the job is getting materials. There seems to be a lot of unskilled workers in that area.
Pros
Free billeting and meals
Cons
No after hours lifestyle.
Co-Workers and Managers are supportive and are team players
Global Asset Management Analyst Experienced (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INNovember 13, 2018
Days are generally stress free as objectives and plans are known in advance. Significant interaction with client personnel provides an opportunity to learn about their operations. Strong sense of teamwork among company and client personnel. People are encouraged to share new ideas. My position is mainly office based but have the opportunity to spend time on the shop floors and interact with personnel from all departments. People are friendly and willing to answer questions regarding their job functions.
Pros
Flexibility, work-life balance, learning environment
Cons
N/a
Flight test Aircrew (Current Employee) –  NAS PAtuxent RiverOctober 19, 2018
Have been working for Wyle before it became KBRwyle over 1 year ago. The transition was painless, and smooth. Am working at Pax River, and that location is somewhat isolated from the rest of the state, but the amenities around here, and housing are excellent.

As a military retiree I have access to TRICARE, and use the clinic on base, and Dr's out in time, which is great! Have access to Commissary and Exchange which is also great.

Company has good Stock Plan with Morgan Stanley, and an even better 401K with Vanguard. No complaints with either, and both perform very well.
Pros
Great work environment with like minded individuals in Flight Test
Cons
Location.
Productive Days with Great Peers
Contract/Subcontract Specialist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 15, 2018
Typical day as a Contracts Specialist consist of working closely with the PM's and Management to ensure all contracts and files are properly set up. We pride ourselves on customer service and try to make sure we meet and exceed their wants.
Cons
Pay scale not the greatest starting from the bottom.
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDFebruary 6, 2018
My time at Wyle was very eye opening in regards to being in a work environment again. I had my own daycare business for many years and it was a transition. I feel that management held me back in my potential and though I have a family reason to leave there I am glad I pursued a new career path and stayed home to care for my father in law.
Pros
Very high salary
Cons
Management and growth potential
Enjoyable company to work at
Programming Intern (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 12, 2018
Very relaxed environment. Everyone is very nice and work/life balance is great. Hours can be very flexible and as a software developer the work was challenging enough and rewarding.
Pros
Great work environment, flexible hours
A lot of nonsense takes place at the top..
Maintenance Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I get the impression that management is jockeying for the one upsmanship. All the managers that I have met, tend to throw one another under the bus when given the opportunity. Trust factor is non existent.
Pros
Employed
Cons
Not many companies in this area pay this amount... Reason most people stay..
good company lack of management
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 2, 2018
Overall good compnay there are just certain things I would change. As in not terming people who have been there over 10 years or more for service and who get all 5's on their work. Some people who are in a department they need to get rid of some of the upper management and not get into people business of what or where they are going. Got screwed out of a bunch of money when i left.
A great place to work
Operations - Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCApril 8, 2018
I enjoy my job and am grateful for the positive work environment that I spend so much time in. We work 4 10 hour days although I'm an exempt employee (salary) so my day is a little more flexible which greatly helps with my work life balance.
Pros
New projects all the time, constant learning
Cons
Benefits for hourly employees are expensive
Great Opportunities
PROGRAM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2018
KBRwyle allowed me to quickly progress through several levels of management. I feel that there are other opportunities as I continue to develop my program management skills.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Large company
Interesting management style
Metrology Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
Good place to work lots of job security in the Metrology department Plenty of upcoming potential for growth
Expect to put in a good days work for a good days pay
Relaxed but can be intense
Field Service Engineer/17M Aerostat Operator (Current Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXMay 15, 2018
I work on a Homeland Security/Border Patrol contract so there isn't much I can describe about my job considering it requires a clearance. However, the atmosphere is relaxed but can be fast paced at times. I would never call my job stressful though.
Pros
Compensation, Flexibility, Paid Days off
Cons
7 day workweeks, 12 hour days
Great company
Associate Engineer (Current Employee) –  La Plata, MDMay 9, 2018
KBRwyle has many opportunities, and is great company to work for. They offer great benefits and pay package. They also offer positions conus and oconus.
Company is ok to work for but there is room for improvement
Shipboard Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SaipanSeptember 25, 2018
Look at ways to minimize family separation time. Majority of the workers are retired military who have served and been separated from family. If you want to retain these type of individuals you have to either compensate them better or look at way to minimize family separation time.
Pros
Ability to traval see foreign countries.
Cons
Family seperation and time at sea
SME II/Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 1, 2018
Fun, relaxed, motivated to try my best. This was a great place to work. The management was great, and they did their best to try to keep the team atmosphere alive.
Pros
Experience
non competitive wage rates
Technician (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 31, 2018
KBRwyle is out for the $. Bottom line. They want the most from the employee for the cheapest dollar possible. They will attempt to degrade the job title in order to make this happen. They will hide behind "policy" in order to keep wage scale low as possible. There are worse companies out there, but not much worse.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Low pay, high benefit costs, keep bad employees
productive stress free work environment
Metrology Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 31, 2018
stress free and productive place to work. Always looking to grow and get more work. Flexible work hours is the best part of the job. Management isn't standing over you while you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KBRwyle. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight