Keane Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Definitely growing
Field Engineer I (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJune 11, 2018
Keane Group is growing as a company which is an excellent opportunity to apply and grow with them. Like any other service company, hours are long, but rewards are high. Awesome experience, lots of room to learn.
Good Company
Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PAJune 10, 2018
Company is a good company to work for they work 15 on and 5 off swing shifts. They work long hours and away from home in all weather condition, benefits are good.
Very cut throat...
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 7, 2018
Managers hide the ball when comes to knowledge. No accountability. This is small company who became big overnight. They still have a small company mentality. Not a good place to work.
Good company
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2018
Started out a little rocky. But have a great group of guys in place will to help you succeed very safety oriented. Don’t cut corners when it comes to safety
Pros
Great company
Cons
Room and board is bad
Keane gave me a contract position with Proctor and Gamble
Oracle DBA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 1, 2018
As a consultant at Proctor and Gamble, It took time for me to build the respect and trust of those I reported to. Once we had progressed, I had a great deal more autonomy, and was included in more project planning and design.
I left in 2000, when Y2K need dropped off. Kean had built up a large clientele of Y2K work.
I was not in a Y2K project, but Keane as a company started to disintegrate.
Pros
Good People in my assigned area
Cons
Keane's benefits could have been better
Sink or Swim Mentality & High T.O.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXMay 29, 2018
After new hire orientation you go straight to the field to work 14 on @ 16hrs a day/night with food and lodging provided and 7 day's off, which is really 5 considering travel that's not even a consideration for compensation with ZERO PTO & responsible to find someone to cover if you want/need a day off. You're with a mentor that may or may not teach you during the small window of opportunity in between stages on avg. 10mins for one or two 14 day hitches.

Regardless of your work background or electronics experience, there isn't any type of formal or basic training and no set standards, process or guidelines. In addition to numerous variations of equipment having modifications and revisions with a wide assortment of unstructured/ obsolete documents to reference on Sharepoint. Department support is inconsistent, unclear and typically pawned off unless there's a possibility of NPT, which is the antichrist and there only concern that causes additional/ unnecessary stress on the E-Techs that are already lacking training, patience, time and confidence. Feels like you're getting set up for failure!! If you can get past that & take initiative, the hardest part of the job is waking up!!
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Lack of training, direction, consistency, support, PTO & incentives
A productive, but sometimes difficult place to work.
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, PAMay 22, 2018
Overall, Keane is a good place to work. However, the office setting can be difficult at times. People don't always go out of their way to greet you and carry on a conversation with you. Work time is flexible, which is a plus. I don't really feel like I fit in with the group. Most days I just show up, work, and leave. The business is big on numbers, making the numbers look as best as possible. Sometimes I feel like they care more about the numbers than the employees.
Pros
free lunches every now and then, benefits
Good people but hard to advance
Executive Assistant to Chairman & CEO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
The executive office is very small. It makes it hard to advance to other areas. The people are fun to work with however I found myself isolated from company culture.
Pros
Small company feel
Cons
Small office, no room for advancement
Not what it used to be
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  OKMay 1, 2018
Started off great, but as the company grew, concern for it's employees diminished. We lost a lot a valuable workers because of it. Also, shutting down a yard that was making them money was confusing.
Kept employees during downturn
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 24, 2018
Keane was one of the few companies that made it through the downturn and didint have to lay off hundreds of employees at a time. Instead they acquired two companies and continued to grow. Its a great feeling to know you have a stable job, downturn or not.

Long hours, but thats expected at any company when you are working as a field employee. I have enjoyed my crew and management during my time with Keane. I think they have a ton of progression!
Exciting/young/great management
Category Manager - Fuel/MRO (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
My experience at Keane has been great mainly due to the management. Many are ex-Haliburton so they know the industry and are leading the company in an excellent way.
My hours are flexible.
Pros
Exciting company growth
Cons
Hostile District Management (Marseilles)
Learning adventures
Pump Operator/Line Boss (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 21, 2018
Great place to work...if you want advance there is plenty of chances the pay is good really nice guys to work with and they are willing to teach new guy what to do and watch out for
Pros
Money
Cons
The home time
Terrible management and terrible treatment to engineers
Field Engineer (Frac Operations) (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 20, 2018
The culture and work crews are awesome as far as the field goes. As far as the engineer sector of the company, it is completely unorganized and inefficient. Training is third rate and management just treats you as a number. Engineers come and go quickly due to the lack of care and compensation they receive.
Frac Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Mill Hall, PA 17751April 4, 2018
Great place to work great people and good hours get paid weekly which is nice. The communication could be better over all i would recommend to a anyone
good job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 31, 2018
keane was a safe place to work, fast and had every tool and part need for the job, I would say that was a good job and they had support for everything needed for the job
Pros
good pay
Field Supervisor III (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, PAMarch 28, 2018
this is not a good company to work for the resone is its just like schluberger in that your just a number and not person. thank yop for your time and pacitance.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Review
AP Team Lead/Cash desk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2018
Management was not stable but it was a great opportunity . The people were kind and polite, they understood if you had to leave for a reason and would allow you work from home if needed.
Pros
Freelunch
Cons
Opportunity
Good for the single man
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 26, 2018
Work was fun and lively and the people i worked with were very nice most of the time. Management was a joke and the managers of the crew had so many different issues they are too embarrassed of. Equipment was 3rd rate and ancient as far as Field equipment goes. They did not have vehicles for the engineers and the crew van was the only way to get to the field. Working in the 70's mentality of running a business .
Pros
Paid transportation
Cons
Long hours poor management
Not a great place to work
Electronic Technician II (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 20, 2018
The management has no experience. If you aren't in the inner circle then you can forget advancement. There isn't a training program, and there is a small learning curve. The turnover rate is high because of frustration. The management will say people are leaving because people are trying to work closer to home. That's true in about 16% of the the cases.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
Everthing else.
Great growth company and steep learning curve
Chief Accounting Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2018
Great leadership team. They are tough to work for as expectations are extremely high and accountability is paramount. You are paid well for results.
Pros
Great learning opportunity
Cons
stressful