Kearney & Company Employee Reviews

Great starting point for young people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2018
I've worked at Kearney just about two years now, and I'm honestly so happy I decided to start my career here. The people are amazing and the work is interesting. However, the pay is below average to say the least. Yes you are paid for ever hour you work, as long as your manager approves it. Too many times I've been told I can only bill my allotted 40 hours a week, when in reality I was working closer to 60 hours. Overall, it's a great stepping stone for young people just starting out, however, that's all it is, a stepping stone in your career.
Pros
Young company, overtime, interesting clients
Cons
Management, worklife balance
Kearney is a solid place
Supervisory Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 23, 2018
I left due to some issues with overstaffing and top heaviness impeding advancement.

While I enjoyed my time at Kearney, I did feel undercompensated based upon review of outside job postings. There was also a corporate culture that proclaimed to afford extensive training, but this was not my experience, as I had to learn their systems on the fly.

HR is also extremely disorganized.
Exceelent
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2018
well done.
leadership excellent
working environment conducive to excellent work
They take care of you between contracts.
work location is easy to get to.
Pros
90 days o look for new contract
Very productive and drive for advancement
Senior Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 18, 2018
My time as an intern at Kearney & Company was fantastic. We were given real work and treated just like employees. It gave me a wonderful insight into Federal accounting.
Very productive and drive for advancement
Senior Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 18, 2018
As interns, we were treated very well and given real work in Federal accounting. I always felt that I had the support to succeed. Working at Kearney & Company gave me a fantastic look into Federal accounting and life in a firm.
Great place to work.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 19, 2018
- Great company with great people and culture.
- Very diverse.
- Values career progression.
- Many programs to help employees with their professional and educational growth.
Pros
Perks
Cons
None I have noticed.
Fun and friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 15, 2018
Working at Kearney and company i liked it a lot. The people there there where very nice to me and the location of the office was great. You could evan eat outside.
One of the Best Places I've Worked!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 2, 2017
Kearney and Company specializes in providing the federal government with solutions. It is a dynamic and growing company with so many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Pros
Workplace culture
Cons
Primarily located in Washington DC area
Great company to grow with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 7, 2017
Federal Government consulting firm. Days varied depending on the contract/project worked on. Senior Leadership (Partners) very accessible, via email or phone, or in the office. Culture and people are very important to management. Opportunities to advance if you are willing to put in the work. They do a great job of getting talent in the company. Continuing to grow.

The one negative i can think of is some people get promoted before they are ready putting them in roles they aren't capable of handling. Additionally, due to the client based nature of the firm, you can get "lost" on your project and not know others within the firm. This can be mitigated by attending the various networking opportunities the firm hosts.
Pros
Access to Management, company events (holiday party, all hands meeting, etc..)
Stop requiring me to review my former companies
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 23, 2017
Stop requiring me to review my former companies. This is not what I desire to enter. This should not be a requirements for creating an Indeed account and profile.
Highly demanding grueling work environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 29, 2017
Good place for young professionals to begin a career and get valuable experience. Highly demanding work environment. 50 hour work weeks. Over time compensation offered. Management is not understanding or approachable. Free tickets to local events are given to employees. No or very little working from home. All hours must be accounted for and billable to client. High turnover. Low compensation relative to industry. Most employees are too busy/over worked to take lunch.
Pros
Free tickets, good location, good experience
Cons
Intense, grueling, unbalanced
Voted Best Place to Work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 30, 2017
Voted Best Place to Work, and that is try. I am a receptionist, I enjoy my job, I enjoy the people I work with. Whats the motto "work hard play hard"
Great Company!
Yes (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Excellent people at KCO! Highly recommend for entry level accountants and IT associates. Excellent extracurricular programs and employee benefits. Fun culture.
Work hard, play hard
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 29, 2017
The best part of this company is the people who work for it. Like most accounting jobs, it can be extremely stressful, while you work long hours, however you're co-workers will always be the best part of your job.
Pros
The company culture
Cons
Wages are not as competitive as the big four
Okay company to work for. Has its obvious flaws
Staff II Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 10, 2015
Kearney overall is an okay company to work for. The company gives you a great opportunity to learn. Great opportunities to travel as well as fun activities outside of work. In terms of the work, there were many occasions where my group and I were completing the same assignments sometimes 7 different times which was very annoying. The company believes in maximizing your production, so whenever you complete assignments early, supervisors will make sure you are working something even though the assignment given has no direction. In these assignments, changes were always made which was repetitive and annoying. Also, a lot of favoritism and biases often occurred which was very annoying. Work life balance wasnt good. Often stayed late to work because the Manager wanted to look good whenever leadership arrived. Experienced some racism also.
Pros
Great benefits with nice opportunities to learn, events after work
Cons
Work life balance, politics, pay
Great Company and Great People
Manager/Oracle Systems Accountant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 1, 2015
Kearney is a very flexibly company that has great benefits. One of the few CPA firms that provide comp time and paid overtime.
Pros
Overtime and Comp time
Excellent growth environment
Staff II Accountant (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 16, 2015
Management provided all resources necessary for developing entry level accountants into accounting consultants of all experience levels
Great Working Environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VaAugust 7, 2015
Kearney offers a great working environment for its employees. The work-life balance culture they offer is definitely given priority. It's also nice being able to come in to work and be around some of the most friendly people I know!
Pros
Comfortable working environment
Great atmosphere for working and having fun while working
Staff 1 Accountant (Current Employee) –  AlexandriaJuly 29, 2015
During the interview process, the people I interviewed with and other employees I talked to, stressed how people orientated the culture was. During my first couple of months I could tell that the partners to the staff were all welcoming and looking to help. It was just an easier transition into a new workplace and being able to fit in right away. Overall Kearney is a great place to work for some looking to work hard but also enjoy their time here as well.
Pros
People, Atmosphere, Management, Culture
The Best Place I Ever Worked
Staff I (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 29, 2015
I love this company. They believe in work-life balance, education, and company culture. They truly lookout for their employees. The work environment is wonderful; it's diverse and friendly. They are well organized and they make sure you are in the loop of everything. The headquarters is beautiful. They always throw events especially family friendly events. There is always someone there to assist you with any inquiries you may have.
Pros
Great benefits, abundant amount of training, free lunches and more
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kearney & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4