KECamps Employee Reviews

Great place to work if looking for a summer job!
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 10, 2018
The management team is amazing! They are so supportive and encouraging. I always felt they would back up any decision I made or situation I found myself in. Interacting with the clientele could sometimes be stressful and a challenge, but the management team, all the way to the CEO were always ready to help and intervene whenever needed.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 24, 2018
I think working with KE is very enjoyable. The campers are always excited to come to camp and the management around KE and at camp are done really well.
Pros
Free Lunches, flexible hours
Cons
Not given a lot of hours
Best Job I've Ever Had
Camp Director - Elk River Club (Former Employee) –  Banner Elk, NCApril 20, 2018
Wish I could still work for KE Camps...Loved it and still to this day the best job I ever had. So easy to work for, great management, easily available. Had the freedom to run the camp and staff as I please with help and support from management staff. Loved the location I worked for and the pay was great!
Pros
Free lunches everyday
Cons
Long drive
Amazing Owners and Wonderful Staff!
Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 10, 2017
KE Campa is truly a family. Although I only worked for them one summer it was incredibly memorable. I had an experience I will remember for the rest of my life! If you can work with KE Camps you will never regret it!
Great Company Overall but Poor Communication with Hosting Club
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 3, 2016
While I very much enjoyed my interview process with KE Camps, the actual work experience was less than stellar. However, that is not a reflection on KE Camps but rather an issue with Hallbrook which contracted out KE Camps to organize their summer program. The country club did not seem to prioritize the summer program in a number of circumstances. Many days, without fair warning, we would be ejected from our designated indoors space for various meetings and luncheons. This meant that the kids, some days, were outside in 80-90 degree weather for significant portions of the day. This made my experience working at Hallbrook sorely disappointing as they frequently made my supervisor's job more difficult and put the kids at risk. However, KE Camps did a great job hiring the Camp Director as she managed to navigate these situations effectively and satisfactorily. Hopefully, KE Camps manages to hammer out the details next time around. A typical work day for me was from 9-5, with the occasional extended day shift. We spent most of the days outdoors playing a variety of games which kept the kids busy and happy or indoors with crafts and indoor games. Our duties included escorting the kids around the club during their various schedules. This included lunch in the snack bar, afternoons at the pool, and lessons with Martial Arts, Tennis, and Golf instructors on their respective days. My co-workers were enthusiastic, effective, and very friendly. As is the case in every summer camp, I would imagine, there are always a few kids that present challenges that not every individual is capable  more... of effectively handling. However, my co-workers were very skilled at calming down and encouraging the children who had a more difficult time adjusting to the summer camp day.  less
Pros
free lunches, pool access in the afternoons, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
Too much time outdoors in the heat, the host country club did not provide the necessary space or resources
great place to work
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJanuary 23, 2016
I had a great experience. The kids are great and the parents are nice. It's a fun place to work. The only con is s having to deal with the country club members. They were sometimes rude. but i woeked here rwo summers and enjoyed it.
Pros
great hours, kids are awesome, managment is friendly and understanding and helpful.
Amazing job
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAJuly 27, 2015
If you love to work with kids and love to be outside as part of your job then you will enjoy this job. The CEO Dan is the nieces person you will ever meet. KEcamps seems to only hire loving and hard working people.
Pros
being outside
Cons
the heat might be a problem
The Most Fun Summer I've Ever Had
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  The Landings Club, Savannah, GAApril 29, 2015
Working at a children's camp was a challenging and rewarding experience, and taught me many valuable lessons. I've worked previously with summer camps, and special needs programs, but I had never had the change to work with kids under the age of 10. I had excellent support from the co-counselor and director, as well as from the staff at the camp franchise location and the corporate entity of KE Camps. It was a short experience, but I learned patience, flexibility, and important lessons regarding the welfare and safety of children; something as simple as applying sunscreen before swim time demonstrates the importance of attention to detail, and compassion for those in your charge.
Pros
Excellent Environment
Cons
Short Employment Periods
Camp Counselor
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2015
Assist in planning and implementing daily camp activities, Supervise campers and ensure safety, if you love kids this job is for you
Fun Staff/Counselors, nice place to work on a country club with swimming pool and golf course
Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Del Paso Country Club Sacramento, CAJuly 31, 2014
Beautiful place to work. The fellow staff members were nice and easy to get along with. Kept it very professional. The enrolled campers were a blast to work with, very fun and we had a good time showing them new things such as golfing, swimming, and some arts and crafts activities.

The hardest part of the job was convincing the campers into getting into their swim wear in a decent matter of time. But the catch to that was the most enjoyable part of the day swimming with the kids and having a good time in the sun.

One thing I have learned is no child is the same and therefore they should not be treated as if they were. While some things universally work with most children you need to be prepared for the children who do not quite respond in the same manner as the rest. Learning these little tricks and what to say or do with them has been a challenge but also a interesting and intriguing task.
Pros
Get to be outside alot, creating/playing games&activities
Cons
Never seemed to be enough hours to go around

Want to know more about KECamps?

Ask a question