Keck Medical Center of USC Employee Reviews

Administrative Services Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Overall the company is good and so are the people I worked with. Management needed work. The culture was ok. I enjoyed my team, we worked hard together and had good times.
Flexible work place.
Data Coordinator, Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Flexible workplace however very minimal increase every year. It feels like it’s alwajs about politics and being a good hard worker doesn’t cut it anymore
A place for professional growth and development
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2018
Typically fast paced everyday which was stimulating
I learned how to relate with people from all walks of life.
The workplace exposed me to a diversified culture.
Hardest part of my job as a Pacu nurse was knowing that patients had complications.
Enjoyed discharging patients who verbalized appreciation of everyone's role in their care.
Pros
Appreciates staff by providing bonus, lunches, adequate compensation/benefits. Provides opportunities for higher learning
Cons
Under staffing; Department management tinted with ambition for promotion
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2018
I have worked at USC for almost 10 years. It is a good company that values its employees and provides fair compensation through salary and benefits. The health science campus offers parking, multiple places to eat, as well as on site gym.
best place to work
Operation Room Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2018
Keck offers a great benefits package great co-workers, hours are great and supervisors are usually very flexible when it comes to scheduling days off.
Very difficult to take the pulse
Sr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2018
Leadership disengaged and seemingly playing the independence role, while passive aggressively monitoring, not coaching and engaging in land mine management tactics.
Productive and fun workplace.
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2018
Great contract IT support job. Professional environment. Best job in the world. Professional employees and great benefits and policies. Love every moment of the contract.
great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2018
Been working there for almost 2 years and they have gave me the skill i need to continue on learning. Always helping me out. Flexible in the time you need to have outside of work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2018
For the most part, Keck is a great place to work. I expected more salary when I was offered the position. That' the only thing I'm not happy with. Everything else good. Friendly staff and good Management.
great place to rapidly experience working in central sterile
Central Sterile Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2018
An great place to gain experience in a big hospital setting. The central sterile department provide extensive exposure to a large variety of surgical specialties.
Fun and educational place to work.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2018
Fabulous teaching hospital. I saw some of the most amazing surgeries and cared for very unique patients. I learned so much. This hospital made me a better nurse.
Productive and great staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2018
There is always something to do at work so i feel as if I'm very productive when the day is over. Working here has provided me with the ability to further my education. I've conquered all challenges at Keck,such as rooming patients ,obtaining auths and being able to cover any worker when they are absent from work or on vacation.
Productive and Inspiring
Ultrasound Technician - Extern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 22, 2018
A typical day at Outpatient Keck Medical Center was very productive and busy. It would start off stocking and making sure every patient room had everything it needed. I would get there 2 hrs before my shift started to practice scanning on myself to start memorizing the protocols and improve my skills. Throughout the day it would usually be busy with scanning patients, watching lead techs scan. In between would take used instruments to sterilization at the main hospital, or stay busy organizing and helping other imaging departments. The hardest part was seeing the patients in unbearable pain through procedures. The most enjoyable part for me was interacting with the patients and staff. Everyone I met during my time has inspired me and given me a purpose.
Pros
Meeting new patients and being able to assist them.
Cons
Downtime.
stressful/ politics
Unappreciated associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 13, 2017
I cannot believe Keck would allow such management to exist especially with their "KNOWN" standards. Many people were driven away and nothing is being done about it. Its sad because the company has so much potential... I guess you are bound to find a bad apple.
benefits
Cons
management/ HR (they do nothing about the concerns)
On average a good place to work.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2017
Starts off with a high volume of patient care outpatient lab.
I learn every day how to handle different tense situations.
Management for the Lab is great!!!
Workplace culture is wonderful, people from all over the globe work here.
The hardest part, when employees call out for the day.
The most enjoyable...our patients those who come in for care.
Pros
Most of what you need is within walking radius. Food, Banking, Gift stores
Cons
Short breaks, often missed.
Poorly Managed Company
Shuttle Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2016
Very poorly managed company contracted by USC, who's shuttle buses were constantly breaking down. There was no room for advancement and low wages. The management was horrible and there was no understanding on how to handle certain issues. If there was an altercation, management did not get involved but if they got involved it was very poorly handled.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no room for advancement
Great Company
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 20, 2017
Great company to work for. You can advance vastly with the right attitude and illustration that you are good at your job. The Salary will come along!!
Pros
Work life balance
Medical Team
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
The work culture is excellent. The attending is always available to support the learning and advancement of skills. Multidisciplinary rounding of the team is geared toward patients' excellent outcome.
Productive and challenging
Value Analysis Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2017
USC is expanding fast, it's a challenge but doable on keeping up with the pace. Administration acknowledges and praises for a job well done. Enjoyed the openings of new clinics and being part of it.
Pros
Growing rapidly
Cons
getting the proper staff in place for the new processes in place
Teamwork and good benefits
Appointment Scheduler/ Cross Training (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2017
Keck Medical Center is a place you can rely on your coworkers, team work is what it is about with this company, and the benefits are really good at this place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keck Medical Center of USC. Our community is ready to answer.