Keeling Company Employee Reviews

Great family oriented company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 7, 2018
Great training and excellent family oriented company. Great training and support. Pay was good at the time I worked there. Would recommend if looking for this type work
Just a Paycheck
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 31, 2018
Lack of management and leadership. With only three employees there is no room for advancement. Favoritism and nepotism rampant. Corporate is clueless to daily activities at the local branches. Unless you are a mindless robot with no ambition I would suggest other opportunities.
Pros
One hour lunch break.
Needs improvement
COUNTER SALESMAN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2018
I was a salesman there for almost 11 years. No room for advancement no raises and benefits are sub par. More bureaucracy then there needs to be. Management needs to out more of an emphasis on their employees than trying to do other things.
Company is inconsiderate
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2018
Managment they have in place shouldn’t be. Very inconsiderate place to work. No real place to make money. I was knew to this type of company and I really didn’t learn anything.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 30, 2018
I loved working at Keeling! Everyone in town that came in had nothing but nice things to say about my coworkers and the Keeling family. I really miss working there!
Poor management
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2018
The management team is inexperienced and suffers from analysis paralysis on even the smallest of decisions. Compensation is well below the market average.
Frustrating.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 21, 2017
Design team is supposed to supply sales guys with designs and takeoffs, but unless your customer is a large contractor it gets forgotten about half the time if not more. Won't provide the sales guys with the software to do their own designs either. Great people to work for/with, but I question their business acumen.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Not great money
Needs new management, no communication
Sales (Former Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 3, 2017
Great job, horrible management! If you want to be constantly undermined and picking up after your boss who leaves messes everywhere, just in spite, and to see if you will pick up after him. Do yourself a huge favor and learn from me! Better business bureau needs ro be contacted about this company.
Pros
Down time
Cons
Undernining lazy managers, learning on your own.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Driver/Sales (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 14, 2017
I've just been working at Keeling for a few months but it has been a really exciting place to work. I love the opportunity to help contractors and homeowners with their irrigation, lighting and landscaping needs. My favorite part of this job is a new customer coming in saying, "I've looked all over town and haven't been able to find ______." and to be able to say, "I've got it!" and then to know you've earned a customer's trust and future business.

I've learned so much about irrigation and lighting in just a little while here and look forward to learning more from the great leadership within the company!
Pros
Work/Life balance, Pay, Benefits
Cons
Not really many
Amazing company to work for!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 14, 2017
Absolutely one of the most amazing companies I've ever worked for! A typical day usually consist of customer service and sales, keeling is amazing with giving you the tools and knowledge that you need to give the customer exactly what is best for the job. Management is friendly and always has their employees best interest in mind. They take care of their employees to the best of their ability.

Want to know more about Keeling Company?

Ask a question
Continuously promoting excellent customer service
Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2017
WHAT A MELTING POT! This seems to be a driving house for customer relationships and service excellence. The atmosphere definitely promotes a learning platform, with several performing teachers. The hardest part about this job would have to be how fast the paycheck goes; but those never seem to last as long as we need them to anyways. The most enjoyable part is establishing customer rapport with so many awesome people from various walks of life.
Pros
Scheduling flexibility, Hospitable Atmosphere
Cons
Compensation, Benefits
Great company to work for
Buyer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2017
This is a great company to work for I enjoy my job. This is a company that is committed to great customer service. This company is committed to getting the job done correct.
Great environment with fantastic people
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2017
Keeling company cares about its people through open communication, training opportunities, career advancement and work-life balance. At Keeling, you are surrounded by smart, hard-working people who genuinely care about the company. Great people, great company.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Driver and Sales
Front end, Sales, Driver (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJune 25, 2017
A pretty easy overall job! You have front end sales, deliveries, and warehouse duties. I worked with a great fellow employee, who really knew his job well, and was able to teach me quit a bit.
Pros
plenty of down time
Great Hours and Pay for hard work
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJune 1, 2017
I enjoy the atmosphere in the branch of this growing company. It's focused on exceptional customer service. The hours are great - time with family! Bonuses and commissions are given based on the work you put it.
Pros
Small and growing business, family oriented, great hours, opportunity for advancement, great financial opportunity in bonus and commissions if you work for it.
Cons
Benefits are being revamped to match growing company
Poor Corporate Management
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 24, 2017
I worked as a Assistant Branch Manager in Jackson, Ms. Received no Training and was suddenly expected to make sale plans. Horrible pay. No set benifits. Racist Environment. No set rules or requirements. No platform to conduct sale promotion with. Poor communication with home office. Expect Inexperienced employee to make record breaking sales with no tools or clear permission.
Pros
Hour Break and Absolutely Nothing Really to do
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor Benefits, No Clear Training
Machine Operator/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 3, 2015
I absolutely loved my job. The only reason I had to leave is because I moved to Indianapolis. Benefits were great along with the management. I would definitely go back to work there if I had that option here in Indianapolis.
overall nice place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 25, 2015
Enjoyable work place.
Model for each branch to become experts on system/materials sold in order to give the best service and assist your customer base. Upper management micro manages. Branch management very informed and capable. Customer base is well establish. Lots of opportunity.
Pros
Extensive constant training opportunity. Good work hours. Excellent 401K plan.
Cons
Low pay. Terible health plan. Few benifits.
Because I had to leave a star to leave a comment..
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 17, 2014
If you like being micromanaged to death, then this company is for you! This place has terrible owners & horrific interpersonal communication. There's no room for advancement, because they would rather hire a new person or leave that position open, rather than promoting from within.
Pros
Interaction with the contractors
Cons
Not worth the time or effort to name them all
one of the best places i have worked
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 1, 2013
good company, good co-workers, and good owners to work for. owners are open to new ideas.
Pros
very good owners
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keeling Company. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about