Keenan & Associates Employee Reviews

fun place to work. have annual picnic bbq in parking lot of facility;
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 7, 2018
fun place to work. have annual picnic bbq in parking lot of facility; the people were great, supportive, the hours were great, it was close to restaurants and shopping so you could run errands while you were on lunch
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Temporary Employee
Member Services Representative (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 19, 2018
My temporary assignment at Keenan Associates was not a good work experience. I would not recommend this employer to no one, the staff were very mean and unfriendly and not very helpful.
Not the best experience
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 5, 2018
Management and the office culture made working here incredibly taxing and upsetting. People clearly show bias against certain employees, yet let others do whatever they want. The benefits were decent, though, so I can understand why people stay.
It was great whle it last
Benefit / Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 16, 2018
I loved working for the company, but it was a short experience due to a temporary position. I would consider working for the company again :if there is a permanent position
productive & relaxed
Data Entry / General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 14, 2017
This was a very nice place to work, this company is a 3rd. party Insurance company processing workers comp. and other Insurance as needed. I liked the position I had and did real well.
Pros
nice people
Cons
nice people
nice place to work
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Keenen, even if it was just a temporary job. The employees were all very helpful and kind. They taught me key elements to the position very quickly. They allowed me to work overtime and my schedule was very flexible with them.
Cons
temp position, wish i could have stayed permanently.
Positive place to work
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 30, 2017
This is a family orientated company, they care about their employees and the social responsibility is amazing. My Manager was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Great Place to work
Senior Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 26, 2017
Fast paced. Supportive management. Company provides and supports advancement. The environment is positive. I would recommend to those looking for a challenge as you are always busy.
Very busy
Workers' Compensation Medical Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 4, 2017
This is a good company. Management was fair organized and to the point. Promotions are far and few between. The accounts are fast paced and demanding. You feel like they care about their employees.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
no diversity, management sucks
agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2017
Management is full of old white folks who don't know how to use a computer. Minorities fill the roll of underpaid slave labor and when you speak up, you're out the door. Not a place to build a career, especially if you're not white. You will likely be offered a "temp" job for a whole year then they toss you out like a dog.
Pros
Cons
racism lives here
Great place to work!
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 24, 2017
Keenan was a great place to work and I was there for nearly 7 years. The overall company culture is positive and there is great work/life balance an generous compensation
A lot to learn - be ready to hit the ground running
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 10, 2017
A typical day at work could consist of a huge workload, to finding things to do. I learned a lot about the industry and marketing side of the insurance brokerage. Management is extremely busy and not always readily available. The hardest part of the job was making decisions that we need answers to from upper management and not having them be available for answers - so you have to be able to make sound decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a complex assignment it resulting in a successful endeavor.
Pros
Casual Fridays
Cons
Workplace Politics
great place to work!!!
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 6, 2017
The culture at Keenan and Associates is very upbeat and energetic. The management staff there were very easy to talk to and very understanding,it was a great place to work.
Employee Benefits Specializing in School Clientele
Voluntary Benefits (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 6, 2017
Provided wonderful opportunities for advancement and learning and allowed me to cut my teeth in the employee benefits arena. They had a niche clientele of public schools.
I would rather not review
Account Manager/Schools K-12 (Former Employee) –  Westlake, CAFebruary 15, 2017
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
Data entry
Data Entry / General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
3rd party Insurance, responsible for handling workers compensation claims, new enrolments, filing, photo copying, phone inquiries and other duties
Good
Cons
Heathcare
Great staff and learning opportunity
Health Management Program Director Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 19, 2016
Loved the work but it was a temporary position. I experienced many different job opportunities and worked at trade shows, with the public and in the office.
Pros
Diverse challenges and job responsibilities
Cons
Temporary position
Fun place to work, met a ton of great people
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CA 92673June 21, 2016
No two days alike. Able to become even more proficient in Microsoft Office & learned new software such as SalesForce where I learned to track client information & run various reports.

I enjoyed working with service-oriented people & will miss the many clients I've come to know personally.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much office politics
Clickish, cut-throat environment
Safety & Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA 90510May 5, 2016
Management staff is a revolving door with each one looking to make his/her mark at the expense of someone else. Employees are very clickish and promote a non-team environment.
Pros
Cons
many
Fast Paced Eniviroment
Senior Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 31, 2016
Keenan & Associates work environment is a very fast paced. In my 7 years at Keenan & Associates I have learned alot, but also enhanced my set skills. The last couple of years we have had a I think management turn over. Not sure why it is to hard to retain quality management.

My experience with co-workers is great. We are all very professional and work together as a team. The hardest part of my job is sometimes not having a enough time in the day to finish up what I am working on. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a job that I confident with and that I know has confidence in me.
Pros
Company recognation and bounes
Cons
Not enough time in the dat