Keepers Employee Reviews

Had fun but could have been better.
Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA 22310September 14, 2018
At first I was greatful to have a employment to go to.
At the end, my significant other was in the hospital. When I called to ask if Icould go to the hospital (after receiving a call from the hospital that he might not live the rest of the day, I was told "don't worry about it. I know what I'd be like if it was my wife. Just go".
When the assignment ended, I was told no further assignments were going to be given to me due to excessive time off.
I would not have gone if told no. I know from experience with my father how hospitals give worst case.
Pros
Kept me busy
Cons
Low pay, contradictory advise.
Ridiculous
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2018
They require so much to even work for them , i.e ( assessments , Top experience , etc ) and pay D.C minimum wage even seeing that you are highly qualified and that every previous position paid you far more. They miscommunicate and tell you one thing over the phone until you get to the interview ,then they tell you something different as far as what and where your position will be. I do not recommend anyone to this staffing agency.
Pros
Cons
Several
Low pay and poor communication
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2018
The staff at the DC location has poor communication skills. The lack of communication ranges from unanswered emails to misinformation. Even the information they give you for health insurance is incorrect. And when you point things out to them or make any small suggestion they begin to speak to you condescendingly. It's like they don't expect you to ask questions.

They hire professionals with extensive resumes (I've spoken to at least 6 people) and only offer DC's minimum wage. When you ask for pay that commensurates with your experience they say, "you should be lucky you're even getting hours." (when they guarantee you 20-30 hours per week)
Cons
Low Pay, Rude management, poor communication
Manager
Front Desk / Leasing Specialist/ Office Adm (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 27, 2018
Previous manager Maryland as a great person but the new manager Nope sorry to be honest, but his attitude is no professional and always spoken very aggressively no friendly, I guess he think because they contact the job for us he can talk with us any manner he want. ,
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no health care
Over all
Executive Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2018
This was a placement agency and they were all about their bottom dollar and not yours. They place me in some rough areas in DC and werent looking out for my best interest
Tremendous experience!
Sr. Partner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2018
I had the opportunity to be a part of the Keepers team for a number of years. The overall experience was invaluable. Though it was hard work, sometimes grueling - I learned more here than I did going to business school.

Staffing is a sink or swim business. I was able to learn sales, marketing, recruiting, operations, payroll, management, team-building, finance and reporting, and project management skills throughout my time there. The only reason I left is because we re-located.

I would highly recommend Keepers if you are a hard -worker that is eager to gain a lot of experience in a short amount of time.
Pros
Hands on, fast-paced, teamwork
Cons
unorganized at times
Invoicing, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2018
Keepers took the time to assist me in finding my permanent home. They took into account my preferences and made and effort to find a good fit. Very responsive.
Temporary agency.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 2, 2018
They did a great job finding work for me. I learned a lot about the different companies I worked for. The people were nice. Working here led to permanent position.
Interesting!
Front Desk Coordinator-Membership and IT Services (Former Employee) –  VariedOctober 26, 2017
Keepers operates as a temp-agency. You are loaned out to various companies to complete both long term and short term assignments. Some opportunities lead to permanent employment also known as temp to hire positions. However, it can be tiresome moving from place to place.
Ready to Grow?
Senior Partner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 18, 2017
I have been with this organization for over 5 years and I have learned more here than I did earning a degree and continued education in business after college. The work is competitive, tough, and the expectations are high - but the juice has been worth the squeeze. I love the teams and being able to help change lives. I have gotten promoted almost every single year, so I have continued to stretch and grow. It's hard work, but if you are self motivated - you reap the rewards.
Pros
Monthly and Quarterly bonus opportunities
Cons
First year turnover
Productive work environment
Administrative Assistant (CLPHA) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2017
Keeper gives you the ability to build the skills you currently possess and practice them through daily and long term assignments. Keepers hires the best, trains the best and uses their contacts to provide work for those that need a second chance while marketing your resume to the workforce.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
pay
Nice Temp company to work for
Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2017
Was sent out on different assignments doing temp work. Decided to leave for a permanent job. Enjoyed meeting different people and the management was very professional.
Pros
Was always offered work
Cons
Not steady
Great family atmosphere/ extremely productive atmosphere
Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2017
Keepers Staffing is an excellent company to work for/ with. The teams commitment to finding complimentary, long lasting careers is nothing like I've seen before in the recruitment industry. Impressive!!
Pros
Fast paced, benefits, family atmosphere
Cons
parking
not a great resource
Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 20, 2017
okay as far as keeping money in your pocket. not very communicative about ANYTHING: compensation rate, issues with check, scheduling, even assignments. Barely have gone on ONE interview through them.
Great Agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 3, 2016
Great Location ,and staff.Keepers bought me in and immediatley had work for me. The hours are wonderful and the choice of location was great also, Great Company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 13, 2016
nice environment to work in. Staff was very friendly and very helpful. I learned a lot from this job and I thank them for it.
The Temp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2016
Keepers is a temp firm. I love that they send you on what they like to call auditions. My one and only audition was at my current position at Byte Back. Keepers was informative regarding my transition from temporary to permanent staff. Great group of folks.
Pros
Helps you build your skills.
Cons
No healthcare
Welcoming work place
Clerical Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 29, 2015
The staff assign you a work assignment for the week or month as a temp to hire, according to your past job experiences and skills.
The management is very proficient.
Pros
Very sincere and understanding
Good work setting
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2015
Keepers is a good place to work. I enjoy working there. My co-workers are so nice, You don't have to worry about nobody being down your back.
Unreliable Service
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 11, 2015
The staff does not assist temps well and places them anarchically without checking up on them nor do they respond in time to inquiries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about