Keesler Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good company just wish managers was held to the same standard as workers
Member Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 12, 2018
Very good place to work depending on the department it can be very stressful and some managers need more training just as the workers do. I feel that every position should have refresher courses.
Pros
Pay, benefits holidays off
Fun job with lots to do
supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 22, 2018
Kept me busy but the manager did not have my best interests in mind while conducting business. Was a learning experience which helped me greatly in later years through some of the rough times.
Pros
busy
Cons
Bad manager
I enjoy doing the work I do.
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Wiggins, MSMay 18, 2018
The job is fast paced and I love the members. I would rather be doing acct. payable or receivable. Making deposits and receiving cash is not a hard job but on a Friday or the 3rd if the month it can be hectic.
Fast -paced workplace, great co-workers
Loan Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSMay 3, 2018
I started off as a teller doing typical bank transactions. I quickly moved up to loan receptionist where I was in charge of answering phones and directing calls to the correct person or answering any questions the member may have. I greeted members as they came in the door and direct them where they needed to go. I opened up checking and savings accounts. I proofed loans before they were sent down to the main office. I helped with the vault, counting and balancing, and also the ATM machine. The hardest part of the job was when some days would be so busy, we would not really have time for lunch breaks. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know our members and also had a great group of co-workers.
Pros
Worked well with work schedule
Cons
When a difficult member came in
Poor management
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 26, 2018
Poor management. I was promoted within 3 months within being in a position from the Vice President but he has to retire due to medical emergency. In the next two months, the manager had me wrote up and out of there due to her upset because I had went to Human Resources about her harrasing me.
great place to work
consumer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 20, 2018
great people to work with and strong financially. they offer good benefits and pay. Top of management could communicate better down stream but middle management, all in all, was great to work for.
Pros
great people and good pay
Cons
better communication from top management
Management Stunk
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 16, 2018
13 years and management finally got the best of me. I had to move on to bigger and better things! Best coworkers I ever had. Stressful job with the amount of members.
Pros
Coworkers
Manager was a b****
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSJanuary 29, 2018
Would still be employed if I had my previous branch manager. My last location was stressful and had a nosey manager who only pretended to be understanding to then use it against you
Pros
Bonus and pay
Cons
Mico manager
Kfcu
Member Contact Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 4, 2017
Good Place to start out. If you want to stay in the area you have growth potential. Depending on the department though it can be very stressful and hard to move up
Quiet workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MS 39567October 16, 2017
Management was great. Was there to assist you on any problems thru each work day. I learned a lot in very little time. Even though compensation was not very high, I still learned a lot to implement into my future career.
Pros
Weekens off
Cons
Low pay with high responsibilities.
Great place to work.
Mortgage Processor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work. I've learned a lot in a short period of time about mortgages thanks to the support from my peers and management. The best part is that Keesler is all about promoting and career development from with-in. They provide all the resources and are very helpful.
friendly environment
TELLER (Former Employee) –  APO,AEMay 2, 2017
I really enjoying working with all the management there as well as all of my coworkers, i felt very supported while learning all i could about the credit union environment and ways. It felt like home.
Great Credit Union and Benefits
Teller Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waveland, MSApril 9, 2017
Keesler is a great credit union to work for. Management is very laid back, however, you are expected to remain professional when members are present. They value the members and the employees. Benefits are great. There are a lot of opportunity to advance as long as you work hard.
Great place to work. Excellent benefits. Fun to work here.
Staff Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 21, 2017
Love Kessler. Ready for a change of scene. Want to live outside Mississippi and unfortunately, KFCU is not nationwide at this time. I would highly recommend anyone who wants to work in a professional and high performing place to apply at Keesler Federal Credit Union!
Great Company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Waveland, MSJanuary 24, 2017
Very family oriented. fun place to work. loved my manager and coworkers. I learned a lot about banking and finance here.
Pros
parties
Cons
location
Leadership
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSNovember 1, 2016
A typical day at work consist of helping members with transactions for their accounts and answering their questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the members.

My co-workers were great to work with, up to the assistant branch manager.

The hardest part of the job was not having a understanding supportive top management. Having a underlying constant threat of being written up or having points being added up against you. You will be scheduled to work on the days you have requested off three weeks in advance forcing you to call in. You are not allowed to switch days off with other co-workers.

What I've learned is there is no lenience within the branch or the company for call in's even if you have a doctor's excuse.

The leadership is poor within the branch.
Pros
Members are awesome
Cons
Leadership is poor
Everyone is friendly and cares and makes things fun
Teller (Former Employee) –  Diamondhead, MSJune 21, 2016
Keesler is great. They help you with anything you have problems with and don't quite know and they make sure you get all proper training and it's easy to move up and around.
Cons
Short lunches and in some locations no breaks other than lunch with 9 hour shift
Fun and productive
Teller I (Former Employee) –  RAF AlconburyApril 12, 2016
Excellent place to work. Very friendly staff and management. Uplifting and supportive co workers. Because it was a small place, we had alot of regular customers who would come in with a smile and brighten your day!
Mortgage Department Only
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 12, 2016
Mortgage department had very poor management and the credit union overall would not do anything about it. Regardless of continual complaints from numerous employees that had left the mortgage department.
Team Player achieving common goals
Assistant Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 9, 2016
High Volume environment learning importance of multitasking and time management. Working with and encountering all personality and behavior traits from talkers, supporters, doers and controllers. Enjoy working with motivated individuals.
Pros
Good medical benefits, sick and annual leave.
Cons
micro manager(s)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Keesler Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Keesler Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location