KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

Horrible place.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 24, 2018
Mangers are all rookies. The selectors cant select to save their lives. They want you to work 12 hr. Days but give nothing in return. Denver watch out
Not Bad
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Very flexible hours.Good work life balance. Some stores can be a handful. Management is very good. No room for advancement however. Compensation can be better.
Only good for a check
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
And even that's an issue. Theyre in desperate need of a new management team. It's gotten so bad corporate has had to be called in and theyve temporarily moved people from other warehouses to ours to try and save it. Mold EVERYWHERE and this is a FOOD warehouse so I'm unsure what's taking OSHA so long to condemn the place. They won't offer us water even though it's consistently hot inside (including a time where our water fountain broke). The management teaches you how to point and scan and how to drive in straight lines on your equipment and every other skill you have to ask (repicking items, doing multipicks, etc). They threaten new hires with indefinite suspension so they dont have to give unemployment when these people give up on the place. If you present yourself as a hard worker theyll buy it and show favoritism towards you, giving you easier books and allowing you to get away with more as far as attendance. WILL TRY TO WORK YOU FOR 13 DAYS STRAIGHT.
Pros
every once in a while the HR will be able to convince the manager that we've earned a free meal
Very stressful and unproductive work place
vendor connection (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Company is set on one value and says it cares for its employees but doesn't show it. Workplace is very dated and stuff doesn't work must of the time. Management seems to think nothing gets done and is always pointing around instead of helping to see what needs to be fixed or worked on.
Lots of hours; work is life
Order Picker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 22, 2018
Thorough training; long, repetitive hours; sky-high turn over rate; 2nd shift WILL do work for 3rd shift 4 days per week and clock in early on Fridays to do 1st shift work, all at the same pay rate as 2nd...which is completely unfair. There is no set clock out time and overtime IS mandatory.
Pros
Decent pay; after the first week you know exactly what is expected of you
Cons
Long, unstable hours; if it makes sense, it is not an option.
great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 21, 2018
I didn't plan to leave but we were relocating and hope KeHE can find me a job in FL. The job is a challenge and I enjoyed working there everyday. I had a very good supervisor let me do my job and when he needed something done all he did was call and I would do it very flexible. I hated to leave.
KeHE provides opportunities to help the less fortunate
Agile Project Leader, Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 20, 2018
KeHE provides opportunities to help the less fortunate both overseas and locally. Some of the options include helping people in Texas, assembling backpacks of food for needy children in the Chicagoland area, helping the PADS association, or assisting in Cambodia.
Great leaning experience
Category Manager / Ethnic Foods (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILAugust 16, 2018
This is a great company to learn and move up in, everyone is friendly and always willing to teach you what you need to be successful. The work culture is also very enjoyable
Pros
Lots of employee activities
Cons
No work life balance ethic
Busy environment
Vendor Connect Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2018
Awesome Job, very busy. Helps vendors and customers out a lot.

I love working for this company. Great benefits . This is a huge company and different opportunities
Don’t waste your time with this company
Receiving department lead (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 26, 2018
This place has poor management and a really laughable HR department! The management stay in their little day shift bubble and pretent to run the facility! They allow people to show up whenever they want and never hold regular employees accountable for their bad behavior which includes drug use, theft, violence in the workplace, attendance problems, and so on! Pass on this job, and do yourself a favor !
Pros
Best part is leaving
Cons
Management, Hr, poor wages, long hours
The favoritism is beyond comprehensision. This is a horrible place to work.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 26, 2018
Digging ditches is better than working here. Management is awful, coworkers are back stabbers, no one has a clue as to what's going on at any given workday.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
con
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2018
fast paced and work a lot of hours. Good place to work overall. would go back only thing is location but other than that its really a good company to work for
No room for advancing within the company.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 16, 2018
The hours are terrible, the management doesn't fight or stick up for there employees when it comes to pay raises. A typical day is very crazy but it has down time when you are waiting for the trucks to arrive. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you clock out and go home. The things I learned there was because of me, and my fellow employee working together. Management doesn't train you or teach you how to use anything.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement or no pay raises.
The boss there didnt like white people
Operations Trainer (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 16, 2018
I was an operations trainer there and I was let go for rumors out people mouth and they believe them i feel like i had no fair shake there so run away run far away
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Era vaughn
Steady Work enviroment
Promotional Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJuly 7, 2018
The company overall is a good company, just poor Senior Management. Not a good handle as to what goes on daily and expectations are unrealistic. Co-workers are great people who are all working just as hard as yourself.
Pros
Co-workers, good enviroment daily
Cons
Bad senior management
KeHE was a good Company to work for
Mid-west Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 7, 2018
Until their direction changed I enjoyed working for Kehe, They decreased their work force and most sales reps lost jobs.I would still be working for them if that were not the case.
Nice Benefits
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2018
ESOP and 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision. Flexible workschedule. Discounts on products and other offerings. Friendly staff. Ability to work from home occasionally.
High Expectations, low-no return on investment
N\A (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 25, 2018
Management is not interested in the growth of employees. They offer next to no raises and when they do it is 1% or less. But they give management and senior management great bonuses and raises.
Pros
Cons
Quite a few things
Managed 2 teams that both have heavy impact to our Vendor Partners
MCB / Vendor Connections Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 22, 2018
Managed both the Vendor Connections (Relations team) that handled Vendor questions, requests & disputes as well as the MCB team that processed vendor chargebacks.
Was fast paced and labor intencive.
Packout Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland Lakes, NJJune 21, 2018
Was fast paced and labor intensive. Any option I had to advance was taken away while I was on maternity leave. My manager was amazing, but everyone else above him didn't care about the "little people" even thoight I worked extremely hard for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeHE Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight