KeHE Distributors Employee Reviews

I will go work for KEHE under different management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 10, 2018
I was trained for a day in Portland Oregon
I was pulled out of my orientation so I can go do a route
I was very shocked but I went and drove the truck to Seattle.
Pros
Cons
management and Human resource Ned more training
Absolutely miserable
Full Case Selector (Former Employee) –  Elkton, FLNovember 9, 2018
The company expected us to work ridiculous hours. Safety was always discussed but never enforced. You never knew when you were going home at night (or morning). People were so exhausted that fights were a constant issue.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Exhaustion
Kehe work environment,
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 5, 2018
Kehe was very fast paced work environment. Kehe has a balanced work/life environment. The route scheduling of deliveries were unpredictable. The company had a good work culture.
Pros
balance work/life environment.
Cons
Unpredictable route schedules.
Mission driven, employee owner company.
Regional Sales Manager-East (Former Employee) –  RINovember 5, 2018
As a Regional Sales Manager I had the distinct pleasure of working with a number of dedicated VP's, Territory Managers, Account Managers and retailers within the Natural and Specialty arena.

A B-Corp Company that believes in honoring God in everything they do. KeHE Distributors donates 10% of all profits to a KeHE Cares program that is run by an outreach program of employees from various departments. Their KeHE Cares program supports organizations where our employee-owners are directly involved and committed to serving others in donating their time for the betterment of those in need both in the US and abroad.

I felt their management was a mixed bag of new and old philosophy. In one hand they had managers that cared about the well being of their employees and on the other hand it was "just business". I was fortunate to work for a majority of caring individual,
Pros
Caring Mission driven company
Cons
sometimes get in their own way when it comes to progress and change.
No job security
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXOctober 30, 2018
First this warehouse is infested with rats. There are nat's flying around every where. The nat's would get in my eyes while I was driving my reach truck. There is rotten food all over the warehouse and the warehouse smells like it too. There is a safety concern at this warehouse that the director Aera ignores. Employees are constantly getting injure. I have seen 8 supervisors get fire and 3 lead in less than a year. There is no job security at kehe. The director also monitor the amount of times an employee's use the restroom and how long it takes them to use. The restroom are never stock with toil paper or soap.
Cons
I don't recommend it if u have kids or a life.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 29, 2018
Great pay poor work environment. Poor management. No leadership, and dirty. Favoritism, lack of a lot of things. No life at that job. A lot of pressure.
If you have no life this is the place for you
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 26, 2018
Management is horrible ...the turn over rate is so high because people are either quitting or getting fired, .new manager every few months .if they say you're suspended it means you are fired cause they will never call you back. HR is horrible the guy always has a attitude and is very short when talking to you . If you are not a male you get no respect . They treat you like a piece of meat a bunch of creeps. Only good thing is the money . They want you to work even on your off days, don't care if you just worked 15 hours . And it's extremely hot people have to drink damaged water
Pros
Picnics
Professional Growth
Director Sales (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 19, 2018
Great company for personal and professional growth. Leadership has expertise and vision. Look for KeHE to continue to be a game changer in the future.
I believe you can work Their as long as you want to.
Shipping Loader (Former Employee) –  Elkton, FLOctober 15, 2018
Kehe is a good place to work you have to do your job and that's pretty much what management wants from everyone that is employed there there is nothing wrong at kehe distributors I really liked working there it's a great job there's a lot of good things about kehe
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons it typical wharehouse work.
Management is horrible all they care about is making sure they get their bonuses they can careless about the employees
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 14, 2018
The company is ok I guess I've been here going on a few years now once I leave I would never go back this place is very unsafe they dont care about the employees at all
Pros
Working with some good people
Cons
Wouldn't recommend no one to work here
Awful
Retail Sales Stocker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 2, 2018
Treat their employees awful, only good thing was decent pay. Managers dont respond quick at all to questions or help much. Dont work here youll end up regretting it.
Discriminatory
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 26, 2018
KeHE is my previous employer, and one that I do not recommend if you are not male or white. I was the only female driver (also hispanic and genetically intersexed) for our Bloomington terminal, and I got terminated due to “safety concerns” and that I “wasn’t ready enough”. I’ve been driving trucks for over a year and a half, so I am pretty aware that I was ready. When addressed head on, they said that they didn’t know any more information and were just following orders, claimed there were private complaints from my trainers (who never said anything to me and always had something nice to say), HR NEVER reached out to me at any time to try and resolve any issues or help me in any way, and when they scrambled for vague excuses to try and deter my want for clarity and understanding, they backpedalled with every counter argument I could make. Discrimination in the workplace is very strong here by these facts alone. So no, I do not recommend this company to anyone who is looking for an ethical company with integrity looking to hire able bodied and hard working employees.
Good Work enviroment
Sales Enablement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INSeptember 25, 2018
I work in the Bloomington Office but 90% of the workforce in in Warehouse.
The transportation department has an amazing staff and they are really good at seeing potitial
Horrible place.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 24, 2018
Mangers are all rookies. The selectors cant select to save their lives. They want you to work 12 hr. Days but give nothing in return. Denver watch out
Not Bad
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Very flexible hours.Good work life balance. Some stores can be a handful. Management is very good. No room for advancement however. Compensation can be better.
Only good for a check
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
And even that's an issue. Theyre in desperate need of a new management team. It's gotten so bad corporate has had to be called in and theyve temporarily moved people from other warehouses to ours to try and save it. Mold EVERYWHERE and this is a FOOD warehouse so I'm unsure what's taking OSHA so long to condemn the place. They won't offer us water even though it's consistently hot inside (including a time where our water fountain broke). The management teaches you how to point and scan and how to drive in straight lines on your equipment and every other skill you have to ask (repicking items, doing multipicks, etc). They threaten new hires with indefinite suspension so they dont have to give unemployment when these people give up on the place. If you present yourself as a hard worker theyll buy it and show favoritism towards you, giving you easier books and allowing you to get away with more as far as attendance. WILL TRY TO WORK YOU FOR 13 DAYS STRAIGHT.
Pros
every once in a while the HR will be able to convince the manager that we've earned a free meal
Very stressful and unproductive work place
vendor connection (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Company is set on one value and says it cares for its employees but doesn't show it. Workplace is very dated and stuff doesn't work must of the time. Management seems to think nothing gets done and is always pointing around instead of helping to see what needs to be fixed or worked on.
A good long term career
Inventory Control Associate - 3rd Shi (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 14, 2018
It's a great company that you can grow up and learn.my coworkers who soon became my friends . It's like your second house.. I enjoyed the flexibility for time off Kehe allowed. Kehe is a great company to work for that provides a challenging, competitive and collaborative work environment. Kehe also provides great benefits for employees and retirees.Productive fast Stressed professionalism and punctuality.Lots of room for advancement within the company to different departments or relocation to different cities.
Must be task oriented and knowledge of policies and procedures of the company.I start in inventory control with not experience but after years I grow up and left the company for betters opportunities.
LEAD STANDUP REACH TRUCK (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Clock in at 4 am and check equipment to make sure it's functional. Log in to computer on the fork life. Down stacking pallets and getting broke pallets out of overhead is one of the most challenging part of the job.
Pros
Being able to assist others
Cons
In experience co-workers
Lots of hours; work is life
Order Picker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 22, 2018
Thorough training; long, repetitive hours; sky-high turn over rate; 2nd shift WILL do work for 3rd shift 4 days per week and clock in early on Fridays to do 1st shift work, all at the same pay rate as 2nd...which is completely unfair. There is no set clock out time and overtime IS mandatory.
Pros
Decent pay; after the first week you know exactly what is expected of you
Cons
Long, unstable hours; if it makes sense, it is not an option.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KeHE Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight