Keiser University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
challenging but fun and rewarding
Algebra Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 17, 2018
I worked four hours per day, four days per week. I was supplied with everything I needed to to my job. I was given feedback 2 or 3 times per month and had a good relationship with management. I had lots of support from my peers.
Pros
collaborative environment
Wonderful Learning Experience
Thesis Preparation - Cybersecurity and Threats (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2018
My education here was in depth and definitely relevant to my goal. The professors were extremely knowledgeable and helpful and they were always there
Pros
Great Communication with Professors.
Cons
Would love to learn more.
Positive experience
DEAN OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL 34240June 28, 2018
Outstanding culture set by Dr. Arthur Keiser downwards.
Happy memories remain of time as Dean.
1,000 students approximately, 69 faculty, 3 associated deans and two registrars. Great people.
Pros
Positive culture.
Cons
Nothing to report
Great for the student, terrible for the employee
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 28, 2018
Toxic culture, seen across several campuses. The departments have rivalries with each other, and managers set out to break your spirit. The 2 year programs work well for students and the teachings are solid. Do not recommend to work for them but schooling is a different story.
Long days and positive outcomes
Medical Assisting Program Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
Satisfaction came from working with the students. Their success was my focus. I learned a great deal about proprietary colleges and have a better understanding
Pros
Students
Cons
good
Culinary Community Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 25, 2018
It was a fun job educating potential students getting ready to go into the work force. They are going to be the next generations taking care of us. Any time you can educate students and teach them what you know is a blessing
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 13, 2018
It was a good working experience, but the hours were long. The students were terrific and most of them wanted to be there and learn. Administration was supportive, but the strange hours for classes at the time resulted in basically 12 hour days three days each week in addition to 8 hours on the other days. It made for a long work week.
Pros
Good pay and working environment
Cons
working hours
Difficult work environment
Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
Management is not supportive nor educationally prepared. Workload is inappropriate for the position. Be prepared to work 80 hours a week and not be compensated. Health benefits are available but be prepared to pay an outrageous amount of money for those benefits. Instructors do not have private offices, there is no privacy.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Don't ask questions
Librarian (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 13, 2018
Don't dare to question anything about the way they do things. It will not go well for you if you do. If you start asking questions, you will find yourself being told that you are no longer on the same page.
They seem so nice when you go in for the interview but watch your back if you accept a job with them.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Salaried people having to make up hours, hand scanning in, administrators who are snakes
Hostile and unfair work environment.
Program Director/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2018
Workplace culture caries from one campus to another, don't have the same equipment and is not standard in all campuses but they allow and encourage bullying between the employees and there is discrimination despite they receive their income mostly from the Hispanic community
Pros
Very talented and committed faculty
Cons
Hostile environment, short brakes
Horrible working environment and management.
RN Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 3, 2018
Horrible place to work. Mismanaged. No team work. Can never get anyone to tell you the same thing twice regarding benefits or even the job. Other staff talk about you and how you do not know how to do something, but never show you. Lighting in the office is terrible, but they do not care. Only place I ever worked where you were salaried, but still had to punch a clock for 40 hours. Horrible with supplies. You need some pens they do not give you a box you get 3 at a time.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job. Very much under appreciated and there is no continuity of management
Summary
Computer Instructor / Professor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 2, 2018
My direct Manager wad wonderful and understanding, a very rare for Management.

The type of class dynamics was dependent on the Instructor ability to interact with the students.

I enjoyed teaching very mush at Keiser University.
One of the best systems in Florida
Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 31, 2018
I worked for Dr. A for two years...prior I was heavily recruited for about three years. In later 2010-2011 they become a non profit educational group...this was very appealing to me since I need the non profit experience. I would recommend this group to anyone looking to make a career change and impact others.
School was very enjoyable
went to school here (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2018
The schedule was what I needed at the time and I got a lot of my work done on time with the help of my teachers and mentors. I graduated in December 2016.
No loyalty
Professor of Health Services Administration (Former Employee) –  doral, flMay 30, 2018
Ten years of service and I was denied tuition reimbursement on my PhD 3 times! They want service but are not willing to provide the tools to improve the school. Position was dissolved and course was given to another instructor with no experience of teaching the course content and this individual doubles as an instructor for another major and intern placement- stretching employees too much to have a successful university. My students were my only motivation.
Great College environment
Director (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 24, 2018
This university was a great fit. preparing the students staff and security personal was a rewarding. Campus life alone with the housing was ever changing, The University sold and changed there direction.
Do Not Do It!
Senior Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 23, 2018
This place was toxic. Management was horrible. There were insects in the work space. Systematic and Social Racism at a high. Training is nothing like being on the floor and it is a call center environment- this is not typically communicated in interview.
Cons
Everything but the pay, but it is not worth it.
Great place to work.
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2018
Great place to work. No pressure. Management is always helpful and makes sure that there is no hindrance preventing you from doing your job and attaining your goals.
Keiser promised assistance findiing employee never happened
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 8, 2018
•Job Seeking and Skills Training – Workshops covering interviewing techniques, résumés, completing job applications, career exploration, networking, building skills and other work search information.
•Job Search/Job Coaching – Expanding and capitalizing on job search techniques in order to obtain employment with a livable wage.
Nothing offered to students.
Meh
Director of First Impressions/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMay 3, 2018
Unfortunately there is a lot of politics going on in that place, advancement opportunities are not available to all, they rather hire from the outside than from within.
Receptionists work long hours with little help, sometimes double shifts without lunch coverage.
Little regard for long term employees.