Keiser University Employee Reviews

This is an excellent place to work.
Kendall College Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 11, 2018
Excellent place to work! The people are very cordial and the dean is terrific to work for. We have a new campus President who is very personable, energetic and determined to make our campus the best it can be.
Pros
All good!
Cons
None.
See review
Sr. Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2018
I personally think the company is okay; however, working as a temporary employee in the particular department I was assigned. You are reminded that you are not a part of the company. It all depends on the department and Supervisor.
No work-life balance, STRESSFUL
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 1, 2018
Admissions counselor is a sales job - you make a ton of calls daily on inquiries that people submit online and try to get them to come in for an interview and enroll.
You are given a monthly goal of how many students to enroll. Management told us that this job is so easy even a monkey could do it, so if you do poorly they scold you.
Not a 9-5 job, some days you are there until 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, or even later, plus some Saturdays 8-5.
First year you get 5 days of paid time off, that's it, only 5.
401K kicks in after a year of working there.
Everything is your fault - student did not attend class on the first day, student's schedule is wrong, student did no pay the registration fee, you have to babysit your students and coworkers in other departments.
Coworkers will steal your leads to meet their monthly goals.
Poor training, you have to learn as you go.
Cubicle setting.
You don't really counsel students, you ask what type of educational institution they are looking for, explain benefits of Keiser and try to convince them that this is the best place for them and push them to enroll. You have to keep following up with people and keep asking if/when they're ready to apply. You get hung up a LOT.
All management cares about is meeting the monthly enrollment goal.
Very high turnover position.
You can't go to lunch when you want, management will literally stop you and tell you you can't go yet (for whatever reason).
Some people you work with are nice, which is the only pleasant thing about working there.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Late hours, treated badly if don't perform, stressful
Very tyrannical
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 25, 2018
Management is a disaster, lots of favoritism & unorthodox practices seen & observed. A revolving door. Clearly doesn't follow accreditation practices.
Great school with Great instructors and a great curriculumn
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 14, 2018
This is a very good school with great professors who are very knowledgeable in their respective fields...…………………………………………………………………………………. I would recommend Keiser university to anyone wanting to strive for a real rewarding career.
Keiser
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 9, 2018
Did not like this place at all. Immature call center environment. If you are career orientated I do not recommend. Maybe a good place for a person fresh out of college looking to make an income and have a resume filler.
This was another opportunity to us my license as an RT and RN at the same time
Instructor-Medical Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 7, 2018
I taught an evening class and the students were tired and no excited about learning. Many had day jobs and were going to school at night to get a degree.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
uninterested students
Environment
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 7, 2018
Work environment awful and unhealthy. Employees are expendable. You only received 5 total days off to use as you need them during the first year of employment. This can be used for vacation, sick time or personal time, but that all you'll receive.
Depends on the Campus
FAO (Former Employee) –  Ecampus and othersSeptember 28, 2018
I have had the great opportunity to work at different campuses within the Keiser university system. My honest opinion is this; it really all depends on which campus you work at, the department you work for and who are your direct managers. The smaller campuses are by far a better place to work at than the life sucking vacuum that is Ecampus the (biggest one for enrollment). I worked for FA and I can honestly say I liked my managers. The VP at ECampus was not my favorite she could care less about FA and only cared about admissions. She does not understand the FA process and constantly made it difficult to complete FA by adding additional admissions counselors per pod(we were out numbered), and letting admissions accept students way past a week who clearly were not going to be able to complete FA. the other campuses were better. Admissions and fa worked together and are not at each others throats, there is respect.

What else to say oh yeah we have black out periods, for 4 months June July August and September. requesting time off is a pain. it has to go through 3 ppl. Your associate director, director then the VP and depending on your VP you may be denied.

Hours are crazy on an online campus you may get stuck with a Saturday through Thursday schedule.At the small campus its only M-F. Some days you work 12-9 others 9 to 6 or 10 7 or even 8 to 5. Again it all depends the campus and your VP.

They use an outdated program called cenuxes, that is complicated and the screen is impossible to use. It does not help that the admissions team use another program. They should invest
  more... in Peoplesoft, SchoolAid or even Banner.

People leave all the time because of the work life balance the good thing is your yearly increase.

My coworkers are awesome they are the only reason im here so far, oh year and the pay. Benefits are ok but you just cant use it when you want. Also its COMBINED sick and vacation 1week first year.

So there it is if you really need the money and are in a stage of your life when you are ok with working ridiculous hours go for it, if not keep looking its not worth the stress. Unless you work at the smaller campuses they are more slow pace and ppl are less rude. Many times I would go to sleep thinking about the files I still had to close and the admissions ppl own my throat.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Cannot take time when I want, combined sick and personal, Admissions are the enemy
Not a great experience
Worker (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 26, 2018
Employees are forced to work on weekends with no overtime pay. There are unrealistic enrollment numbers required each month. This was NOT a good place to work.

Want to know more about Keiser University?

Ask a question
Poor work environment and morale
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2018
VERY poor management team. Little to no communication with the faculty and staff. Corporate office has absolutely no regard for employee happiness and job satisfaction. Basically, "You should be grateful you have a job".
Learn how to treat your employees.
Admission's Counselor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Too much favoritism. School needs repairs. Equipment is old and rundown. Moldy smell and leaks everywhere when it rains. The school looks rundown outside and inside. Needs better location and better parking. Tuition is exorbitant. Some of the employees are really rude to the students.
Pros
Good teachers and medical programs
Cons
Everything else
Pay is very competitive
Instructor (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2018
Their Mantra is Students first and I believe the founder still feels this way however, that is not always the case in an institution that has grown as large as KU has grown in a few short years. Their one class at a time approach is an effective way of learning for the adult learner, but may not be a good fit for those right out of high school. There are no entrance exam requirements of the student.
Pros
salary is highly competitive
Cons
The culture towards the educator is less than desireable
Diploma Mill
Online Faculty (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Keiser is not concerned with the quality of learning that their students receive. Their writing skills are poor and professors are asked to ignore this issue. Managers would rather keep you on hour long phone calls for students that are not making an effort to hand work in on-time, submit quality work, or learn accountability.

Professors are expected to make extensive issues to retain students that are not accountable for the submission of work.
Pros
Nice salary based on degree obtained
Cons
Diploma mill
Health Services Administration Program Director (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Poor Management, this campus President is very unprofessional, lacks in social skills, very condescending, helpful coworkers, can be a toxic environment due to Management
Pros
culture
Cons
management
Excellent Organization
Lead Instructor Crime Scene Technology (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 27, 2018
Keiser University cares about the success of their students. It has created a culture of excellence for faculty, staff, and students.

Class sizes are small and allow for more intimate teaching, giving the student the best possible learning environment.
Pros
Outstanding organization
Cons
Se inmersa el trabajo, compromisos y respeto por la vida privada
ASISTENTE DE DIRECTOR DE VIDA RESIDENCIAL (Former Employee) –  San MarcosAugust 26, 2018
Increíble forma de equilibrar la vida y trabajo, mientras que también se fomentan buenos valores de vida.
Everyone works together
Federal Work Study, Financial Aid Department (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 23, 2018
I love how every person is reachable. You can talk to the President of the University and the deans of the university as if you are talking to a friend.
Pros
Free Lunches
Productive workplace
Nursing Program Director (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 16, 2018
Typical work day is 8 hrs/day. Micromanagement in place. Work culture is great and the environment is terriffic. Depends on the superior you have that makes the job. Otherwise, the work is great, and the company is good with little increases in pay.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
micromanagement
nice
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 16, 2018
The people that I worked with were very nice. That students seemed if encouraging as they wanted to succeed in the field of accounting and business, I look forward to seeing their advancement.