Kelber Catering Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
alright
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2018
it basically sucks/ No set time to get off work, you could be working 4 hours or 16 hours. Schedule comes out a week prior, so no way to plan anything with friends.
I learned a lot working at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
Minneapolis Convention Center (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 23, 2017
This was a large scale operation. My background had been dealing with much smaller events. I ran parties as large as 1500 guests. I helped plan parties as large as 6000 people.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
Working a plated breakfast for 6000.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 14, 2017
Although I enjoyed working for Kelber Catering, I was on call so the hours were not so good. My work experience there was very enjoyable. I would work there again.
Pros
Good menu variety
Cons
not enough hours
There are always excitement of the shows and events there
Retail Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 17, 2017
Always busy running around, I learned how to be a leader, drive forklift, and that hard work get you promoted, the management there was good because we always get a head start before and shows or event, the work place is very divers, the hardest part of the job is moving heavy equipment, and what I enjoy most about the job is that everyone there is friendly.
Pros
they give you free food to eat
Cons
the hours are various
Good atmosphere, loud and busy most of the time
Pantry Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 28, 2017
Couldn't really count on having a job there. There were not always events. Could be slow at times. There is just a little training where they show you where everything is and then they let you start. After a while it gets easy to remember where things are and there the people were always willing to help you if you needed it.
i worked the hot food line / Cafe
Commercial Cook (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2017
I very much enjoy working there. Most of my Co workers are so easy to get along with. We check the menus each day prepare food according to menus.either dish or send it proper clients.
Pros
i love cooking
Cons
a lot of heavy lifting
hard work but well compensated
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2015
A very physical job that requires multi-tasking and the ability to follow instructions. Some of the managers are nice and easy to work with, however, under times of high stress there are a couple managers that can be abrasive.
great
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 28, 2015
Its great! I just need more hours. They are on call job and understand the need for another job. They expect me to have one and try and work around their hours.
Living lifestyle of having an on-call part-time position here at Kelber Catering
On-Call, part time position. (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2012
Out of the jobs I have had in my lifetime, I have to say I literally enjoy working here the most; when I work that is. I admit, I am amazed by how well I am being paid with an on-call part-time position. But, it's hard to say when I will have the next opportunity to work again at Kelber ; with all due respect. Originally this was to be my side job, however, I now am totally depending on this job. The hardest part is, I am not sure when I will work next.
Pros
there is an opportunity to have free food. including lunch to eat.
Cons
depending how long your shifts are, there is 1 maybe 2 10min brakes. and half hour brake working 8 hours or over
Everyone gets along and works as a team.
Retail Cashier (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2012
Fun and fast faced environment. Co-workers are friendly and we work together as a team. Ability to train in different departments, such as banquet servers.
Pros
meals are provided during shifts.