Kelchner, Inc. Employee Reviews

Watch your back! Bunch of back stabbing liars
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 14, 2018
Senior management is a joke. They lie, create drama and do not care about employees. All they care about is revenue. One positive is the safety program. The safety director and field guys are top notch!
Pros
Safety Program
Cons
Long hours, poor senior management, untrustworthy managers
Would not reccomend
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJune 13, 2018
My day started at 5:30 and lasted until 7:00PM. I learned that Management did not care about the people that worked there. The culture was to work jobs with the least amount of people and demand perfection and profits even if safety was compromised. The hardest part of the job was being on call 7 days a week and believe me, you were called even on Sunday to fix problems. The most enjoyable part of my job was the rank and file. Even though they were over worked, they still for the most part kept a good attitude. Upper management was bad and cared little about the employees. I was a project manager that moved my family twice for them but was let go after less then a year. If you are looking for a permanent job beware. They will lie to you.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Poor Management, safety, and lies.
No home life
Hoe Operator Pipe Crew (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHMay 9, 2018
No time for family or home life! Work you 10 to12 hrs a day 6 days a week then want you to volunteer for Sunday... You are just a Body to these people, hire you for one thing make you do something else. Everyone there seems miserable and hates their jobs. Would not recommend this place if they had the last piece of yellow equipment on the planet...
Pros
Cons
Too Many To list
Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHMay 7, 2018
It was a nice place to work, but it had some challenges. work safe but work smart so everyone can make it home to there familys.kelchner was a civil construction company. My Job was to find and localize the control for the projects, Topo the projects, set up our heavy equipment with machine grade systems, do our utility layout, grade check, at the end of project perform asbuilt topo of site and all utilities
fair
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHApril 4, 2018
Had many different positions
Started by answering phones, did payroll, did acct payables.
Switched to Project administrator. Decided to go back to school
Long hours low pay
Lowboy Driver/equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 15, 2018
I worked there for 1year did not get a raise was very underpayed for the job. If you are not in the click of friends with the Superintendent you are not going anywhere. The management sucks.
Pros
Tons of hours
Cons
Underpayed not treated fairly
Rapid Bulk dirt moving
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Springsboro, OhMarch 25, 2017
If someone is willing to be away from your family, and home for long periods at a time. Also if you like to work long hours, low pay(for some), and constant misguidance from the management. This would a good place for you. If someone is willing to look past all that, and focus on doing your job. Than it might be worth it.
Pros
Insurance, 401K, profit sharing, and paid vacations.
Cons
out of state work, low pay(for some)
Fast paced fun work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Very fast paced, but organized work environment. Made it a lot easier to show up to work everyday. Was around a lot of people with a whole lot of knowledge that thrived on teaching the younger guys anything they could.
Kelchner - A Wood Group Corporation
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 30, 2016
There are a lot of changes that need to be made.

I learned many things and all the hard way.

Management - depends on which part is being discussed. Some upper management got employees hopes up on discussing upcoming projects and the projects were not awarded nor did Kelchner have the work. Some management was great to work with and some had to learn the hard way.

Co-workers - a lot of the co-workers were hard working, loyal, knowledgeable and conducted work safely. Some of the workers, including foreman did not care and some were pushovers or negligent.

The hardest part of my job was the inconsistency.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a lot of my co-workers and learning new things.

It seems like when the Wood Group took over things went down hill.
Pros
Money is good, some management was extremely helpful. Enjoy most of my co-workers.
Cons
Inconsistency, training, staffing is a circus sometimes, payroll and per diem could be done better.
good family oriented company
operator trackhoe, dozer (Current Employee) –  St Clairsvle, OHNovember 30, 2016
as many hours as you want to work,if you need a day off its no big deal,they treat employees good,pay rate is ok if you want to travel this is the place to work
The land of the misfit toys
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHJuly 10, 2016
Whoa! Where do I begin? All I have to say is look at some of the 1 & 2 star reviews. The statements are very accurate & I'll leave it at that...
Pros
Benefits & Hourly Pay in reasonable
Cons
Very disorganized & Management is borderline clueless
Theyre a joke!
Mangement (Current Employee) –  Eastern OhioJune 19, 2016
Organization is full of inner politics & clicks. They brag about their so called culture & exhaust alot of effort in putting together promotional videos full of lies. Management is aware of the childish behavior but does nothing due to one of the managers is family. Hopefully Wood Group will clean things up once they take full control but for now they don't hold a candle to other Companies. Also, they have an astronomical turnover rate in Eastern Ohio for these reasons!!!
Pros
Halfway decent benefits
Cons
Too long to list.
labor
labor (Former Employee) –  powhatonMarch 20, 2016
I worked on the pipeline . I have a heavy machine certificate. I worked more than 50 hours a week till I got laid off . I will work hard and never quit.
good company to work for
Operator/ Lowboy Driver (Current Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 4, 2016
I have only been with them a short time. Right on I am on temporary lay off. I would start my day about 5:30 am have my move list and go to work. No body had to hold my hand or supervise me closely
Pros
a lot of work wheater permitting
Cons
lay offs short term
Unorganized & Unprofessional Chaos
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  OHJuly 27, 2014
Assisted and supervised the safety orientation of supervisors and employees
• Assisted the Corporate Safety Director in the development and writing of safety procedures
• Anticipated, identified, and evaluated, hazardous conditions and practices
• Administered and advised others on hazard control programs
• Established and conducted weekly safety meetings with subcontractor representatives. Interface with Project Staff and
each Subcontractor Safety Representative relating to safety regulations to ensure proper compliance.
not who they THINK they are
everything (Former Employee) –  everywereJune 17, 2014
don't believe the things they tell u. raises are based on if ur in the click or not and salaries for operators are around 17 dollars across the board. they are deff an arrogant company which will eventually b their downfall. why do u think they have such a high employee turn over? they are not the leader believe me. most reputable companies forgot more than they will ever know.
Pros
they tell u they will give u the world
Cons
the above statement is a lie on their part
Fast paced with great co-workers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Alva, OKFebruary 20, 2013
The workplace had a comfortable setting with easy going co-workers. I was able to do my job with very little micro-managing. There were few phone interruptions, so working effienciently was the best part of the day and the most enjoyable was seeing the results of accomplishing tasks.
Pros
casual attire
Cons
working long hours and not being appreciated